Impromptu GDT - The Threadening

bruceb

3 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I mean it was right in his hands...  I think that ball was probably where he wanted it. Willies is 6'4.  And ya, no way Willies makes the team. 

That single pass there changed my opinion of Willies. I hate to pin a career on one play, but as you say - the ball was right in his hands. Competent NFL receivers make that catch eight days out of seven

4 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

On one hand he's never gonna be more than what he is.

On the other I think he's the 4th best DE on our team.

Everybody outside Garrett, Ogbah, Nassib, and Orchard are invisible out there.

They won't give up on Chad Thomas, but he has looked ordinary. 

I didn't realise it was him, but I thought scrub alert.

I think we keep 5 DEs because of the fact that we have to keep Thomas. He’s a gameday inactive all day right now. Definitely not top 4 DE on the roster. Not top 5 either. But he has a roster spot. So, they’ll want 4 others who can go out there and suit up. I still think it’s Nassib, not Orchard. Orchard has had three years to show he can make a play on Sunday. Don’t let a preseason week 4 play change anything.

Just now, Mega Ron said:

He looked good didn't he.

I thought so, he has got enough mobility imo, 

He looked best before the throw IMO, his work in the pocket was exceptional. no wow throws. 

He is going to have to learn to throw into tighter windows. 

Chubb gives me a Chubb. That TD run was beautiful!  It’s kind of refreshing for a change seeing an RB with actual vision with the requisite lateral agility to make good use of it. 

Man does Nassib get cut?  Not super impressed with him, Orchard or Smith. Who goes?  McKinnon was there again. 

Oh Roback mountain it was nice knowing you. 

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He also has some overactive feet after dropping back in the pocket. I didn’t notice that in college. That will need fixed.

Why? His isn't as exaggerated as Peyton Manning's but on par with Brees and not much more than Brady. He always plants them before the throw I see no issue at all with it. The only thing it gives away is that he is progressing routes, just like the other guys. It doesn't happen on the quick first option passes just like the other guys only when progressing just like everyone else. You don't want to be flat footed out there. You have to move the feet to throw to the whole field.

22 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Why? His isn't as exaggerated as Peyton Manning's but on par with Brees and not much more than Brady. He always plants them before the throw I see no issue at all with it. The only thing it gives away is that he is progressing routes, just like the other guys. It doesn't happen on the quick first option passes just like the other guys only when progressing just like everyone else. You don't want to be flat footed out there. You have to move the feet to throw to the whole field.

It's part of why he's accurate.

Archived