Impromptu GDT - The Threadening

bruceb

I really hate the last preseason game.  The coaches and FO already have their minds 99% made up on who's making it and who's not.  A televised practice isn't going to change their opinion.  The guys they're gonna cut get most of the playing time.  And they're playing against the guys on the other team who are gonna get cut.  It's like a modern day coliseum slaughter.

Hey, Random Dude rushed for 150 yards in the last preseason game!  Next day, cut.

Just now, ReggieCamp said:

I really hate the last preseason game.  The coaches and FO already have their minds 99% made up on who's making it and who's not.  A televised practice isn't going to change their opinion.  The guys they're gonna cut get most of the playing time.  And they're playing against the guys on the other team who are gonna get cut.  It's like a modern day coliseum slaughter.

Hey, Random Dude rushed for 150 yards in the last preseason game!  Next day, cut.

My first thought was we should pick up Random Dude.

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lulz. That's 28 guys. That's literally more than half of the 53 man roster. I think the only starters who will play (if you assume Zeitler won't play and will start) are Corbett and Higgins/Callaway (#3 WR). Dang. This is gonna be unwatchable unless you are suuuuuper interested in the roster bubble guys.

Like, I think the 4th pre-season game is more important for OTHER teams to decide who they want to claim after releases. Like, I would bet Dorsey would rather watch a different team's 4th pre-season game than ours.

16 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Lulz. That's 28 guys. That's literally more than half of the 53 man roster. I think the only starters who will play (if you assume Zeitler won't play and will start) are Corbett and Higgins/Callaway (#3 WR). Dang. This is gonna be unwatchable unless you are suuuuuper interested in the roster bubble guys.

Like, I think the 4th pre-season game is more important for OTHER teams to decide who they want to claim after releases. Like, I would bet Dorsey would rather watch a different team's 4th pre-season game than ours.

Zeitler is expected to play. It’s watchable because baker is expected to play the first half and callaway is also active. 

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I see what you are saying, but if you are right on the bubble this could make all the difference. Probably more so for special teamers.

i don’t know if it was game four but a UDFA Josh Cribbs made the team thanks to a great preseason game

10 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I see what you are saying, but if you are right on the bubble this could make all the difference. Probably more so for special teamers.

i don’t know if it was game four but a UDFA Josh Cribbs made the team thanks to a great preseason game

Fair point about Cribbs.  Just cuz I'm a nerd, I looked it up.  Cribbs made his mark in the 2nd preseason game.  He had a pedestrian 4th preseason game.

I still say that the coaches and FO already know who they're keeping, but it's more romantic to think the bubble guys can make the team with their performance in tonight's game.

Archived