Who plays in a game first this season: Bryant or Mack?

MikeT14

Mack or Bryant plays first?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Mack or Bryant plays first?

• Mack
    • Bryant

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How is Dez not signed? Even washed up he's better than half the receivers in the league. Asking too much? Just swallow your pride and play on a one year small deal and prove yourself. 

I don’t think it’s money at this point. He got an offer for 3yrs/$21M and a 1yr/$4M (IIRC). I think he realizes at this point he’s not getting a $10M+ contract. 

He turned down the Ravens and Browns, and allegedly wants a one year deal to increase his value. So with all that in mind, I assume that he wants to play with a good quarterback to buff up his numbers. Flacco won’t do that for him. And even if Tyrod or Baker could (which isn’t a sure thing), he’s not getting looks over Gordon and Landry. 

IMO he’s waiting for a great situation (NE, GB, NO, etc.) even if it costs him 2018 dollars and team chemistry. Not sure I’d have waited this long if I were him, but I see what he’s doing.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

How is Dez not signed? Even washed up he's better than half the receivers in the league. Asking too much? Just swallow your pride and play on a one year small deal and prove yourself. 

I think he will. He just needs a situation where he will get starter snaps to prove himself. With Landry and Gordon starting and Callaway and Higgins having good showings I think Dez would get the 3rd most snaps at WR with Cleveland but I don't think he would get enough to put up numbers that would help him next year to get a big contract.

37 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Mack will play first. I doubt he misses Week 1.

I actually think it's a lock he misses week 1. Much more than that, I can't say. I can't imagine that he misses much more time after that, but I think at this point he's sticking to his guns and making a statement. He's going to go the Donald route last year and miss a game (or two), and then come back.

I do think that Mack plays first though. At this point, I think Dez is banking on a serious injury 

40 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I don’t think it’s money at this point. He got an offer for 3yrs/$21M and a 1yr/$4M (IIRC). I think he realizes at this point he’s not getting a $10M+ contract. 

He turned down the Ravens and Browns, and allegedly wants a one year deal to increase his value. So with all that in mind, I assume that he wants to play with a good quarterback to buff up his numbers. Flacco won’t do that for him. And even if Tyrod or Baker could (which isn’t a sure thing), he’s not getting looks over Gordon and Landry. 

IMO he’s waiting for a great situation (NE, GB, NO, etc.) even if it costs him 2018 dollars and team chemistry. Not sure I’d have waited this long if I were him, but I see what he’s doing.

Dez to Seattle confirmed.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why are we comparing a holdout to a guy who is refusing to sign with teams? Why not compare holdout (Mack) to holdout (Earl Thomas)?

This! If neither reports like Bell by Labor day should get fun!!

I'd honestly give Thomas his Trade demand. Then send his happy arse to any team not named the Dallas Cowboys so he doesn't get his wish!!

Somewhere cold, snowy and in the AFC. I'm dead serious!

Cincinnati, Buffalo, Jets, Cleveland and say Cheers! ?

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I actually think it's a lock he misses week 1. Much more than that, I can't say. I can't imagine that he misses much more time after that, but I think at this point he's sticking to his guns and making a statement. He's going to go the Donald route last year and miss a game (or two), and then come back.

I do think that Mack plays first though. At this point, I think Dez is banking on a serious injury 

Maybe, I just don’t get it. Why sacrifice game checks? The team knows he’s serious about wanting a long term deal. I know Donald came back to have a strong season (as de Chancellor) but I’ve seen plenty of guys come back from a holdout only to get injured (Johnson, Revis). 

If he’s serious about missing games and wants to hurt the team, he should sit later in the season when they’re competing for a playoff spot.

Archived