Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Assuming Greene, Light, Davis and Crawford all legitimately made the team. 

Final cuts have to be from... 

Bradley, Byrd, Kerridge, Whitehead, Waters, Mbu, Daniels

Is there anyone else that could be realistically cut? 

(Italicized are my 4 guesses).

Why isn't Mbu italicized? ... has he been cut that I don't know about? Lots of people guessing him, but I haven't seen it yet.

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

When do we find out the results of the waivers tomorrow?

Yeah, I think it normally takes 24 hours... and sometimes at this time of the year there can be an error or back log and be 48 to 72 hours, but I think that only happen one year when some important system went down for some reason, normally 24 hours.

Is there some sort of strategy for holding players on the 53 you know you will release? Hoping that after the first round of waivers when you release with the intent of the PS they won't get claimed? Can't think of another reason for Byrd and the ILB

Just now, JBURGE said:

Is there some sort of strategy for holding players on the 53 you know you will release? Hoping that after the first round of waivers when you release with the intent of the PS they won't get claimed? Can't think of another reason for Byrd and the ILB

Silverstein thinks Byrd was cut, but they haven't been able to confirm it yet.

Just now, JBURGE said:

I'd think initially you're just keeping your best 53, calling around for trades and then if nothing happens start making some waiver moves if you don't think there's much difference between who you cut and anyone off the street.

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Well, in any case you have already considered "which players you would claim on waivers if cut" and "which players you would cut to make room for them."

From the Packers link:

Position-by-position breakdown:

QB (3): 12 Aaron Rodgers, 9 DeShone Kizer, 8 Tim Boyle

RB (2): 30 Jamaal Williams, 88 Ty Montgomery

Released: 22 Aaron Ripkowski, 40 Joe Kerridge, 46 LeShun Daniels, 34 Joel Bouagnon, 36 Bronson Hill

Reserve/suspended: 33 Aaron Jones

Injured reserve: 32 Devante Mays

WR (8): 17 Davante Adams, 18 Randall Cobb, 81 Geronimo Allison, 11 Trevor Davis, 82 J’Mon Moore, 83 Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 19 Equanimeous St. Brown, 16 Jake Kumerow

Released: 10 DeAngelo Yancey, 13 Adonis Jennings, 1 Kyle Lewis

TE (4): 80 Jimmy Graham, 84 Lance Kendricks, 89 Marcedes Lewis, 85 Robert Tonyan

Released: 86 Emanuel Byrd, 49 Kevin Rader, 48 Ryan Smith

OL (9): 69 David Bakhtiari, 75 Bryan Bulaga, 65 Lane Taylor, 63 Corey Linsley, 64 Justin McCray, 74 Byron Bell, 78 Jason Spriggs, 62 Lucas Patrick, 70 Alex Light

Released: 55 Dillon Day, 77 Adam Pankey, 79 Kofi Amichia, 60 Austin Davis

Injured reserve: 68 Kyle Murphy

DL (5): 76 Mike Daniels, 96 Muhammad Wilkerson, 97 Kenny Clark, 94 Dean Lowry, 90 Montravius Adams

Released: 99 James Looney, 73 Joey Mbu, 95 Tyler Lancaster, 67 Conor Sheehy

LB (8): 52 Clay Matthews, 53 Nick Perry, 50 Blake Martinez, 42 Oren Burks, 93 Reggie Gilbert, 51 Kyler Fackrell, 48 Antonio Morrison, 54 James Crawford

Released: 45 Vince Biegel, 91 Kendall Donnerson, 98 Chris Odom, 58 Greer Martini, 56 Ahmad Thomas, 49 James Hearns, 46 Naashon Hughes, 59 Marcus Porter

CB (6): 38 Tramon Williams, 20 Kevin King, 31 Davon House, 23 Jaire Alexander, 37 Josh Jackson, 26 Herb Waters

Released: 39 Demetri Goodson, 28 Josh Hawkins, 44 Donatello Brown

Injured reserve: 24 Quinten Rollins

S (5): 21 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, 29 Kentrell Brice, 27 Josh Jones, 35 Jermaine Whitehead, 36 Raven Greene

Released: 25 Marwin Evans

Spec (3): 2 Mason Crosby, 6 JK Scott, 43 Hunter Bradley

Released: 57 Zach Triner

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Here's the roster....for now

Heavy at WR IMO. Could use a RB and OLB so I doubt this is the week 1 - 53. Right now I'd say Kumerow is the #4 WR, Davis PR. So the rook's might find themselves inactive for beginning of season. 

Archived