Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

At what point do I start getting concerned that every year the roster seems to have multiple UDFA's making the final 53?  Shouldn't that be kind of a one-off thing rather than the norm?

I think it a counter balance to the CAP.
UDFA's are cheaper than draft picks or FA's picked up off the street.

Would be interested to know if theres some statistical breakdown of teams which indicates how many UDFAs they have on their roster.
That data could be telling.

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Guys, this roster means nothing. They're gonna make multiple additions/subtractions by tomorrow. Gute realized they didn't have enough at some spots worth keeping(RB3, OLB, ILB perhaps)

No ****, Sherlock - comment of the day. 

EDIT- To be clear, I'm not trying to be mean, you're just stating something that is already known - like water is wet, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

That sounds more like a long, tedious exercise.

I did a really lazy way, and it's not exactly right but I went to PFR quick and went to NE, it looks like they had 5 2017 UDFAs who were active during gamedays at one point, actually 6 I think. I can't count good, one or the other.

The WRs aren’t a surprise... look it seemed like everyone (like all the players) loved Jake kumerow. The injury made it close... but he was on track to make this team on performance.

you can’t cut him... that would send a bad message I feel.

So you keep all 8. Maybe make this work for 2 weeks and it’s easier to cut a guy in week 3 for Jones and you can get him into the ps.

8 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

No ****, Sherlock - comment of the day. 

EDIT- To be clear, I'm not trying to be mean, you're just stating something that is already known - like water is wet, etc. 

You're right it was, though people commenting on the # of WR's we kept is also irrelevant. We all know they aren't going into next week with 8 WR or 4 OLB, so why feign surprise over it

the bigger discussion is which WR is gone from the roster after tomorrow

Just now, deltarich87 said:

You gonna just whine and moan in this thread the whole time?

I haven't whined a single time, unless you mean the time I politely explained to someone who was inadvertently causing issues for others by posting frivolous tweets?

Then

--> That person stopped posting frivolous stuff, exactly as I asked them to -- probably because they considered the situation of others (all I was trying to point out). 

Then

--> Two people messaged me, thanking me for speaking up. (Cause I've been there, done that, trying to check stuff on my phone w/ no Wi-Fi and it can suck. 

So, if you consider that whining... then sure. 

Archived