Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

Just now, Beast said:

Can someone explain why keeping these guys (or what I missed, especially Crawford)

OT Light, LB Crawford, S Greene

Probably because we want a few of them on our PS and by withholding them from the initial wave of players, it increases their chances of making it to the PS if/when we swap them for other players. 

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Can someone explain why keeping these guys (or what I missed, especially Crawford)

OT Light, LB Crawford, S Greene

Greene is the only one out of the bunch I saw play well. I haven't seen Crawford until he made a great tackle on special teams last week. First time heard Alex Lights name was today as well.. must have been deep on the depth chart.

6 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Probably because we want a few of them on our PS and by withholding them from the initial wave of players, it increases their chances of making it to the PS if/when we swap them for other players. 

The Packers normally don't play that game... though they got a new GM.

Also just in general, it looked like I researched Pettine's normal roster numbers for nothing as it's a lot closer to MM's roster number normals... other than only 4 OLBers.

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Special teams... they are still part of the game.

Yeah, but you had ILB Thomas who could fly down the field and ST captain Evans... so it can't be STs alone (can it?)

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Greene is the only one out of the bunch I saw play well. I haven't seen Crawford until he made a great tackle on special teams last week.

I guess maybe Crawford might be a ST stud, maybe?

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Greene is the only one out of the bunch I saw play well. I haven't seen Crawford until he made a great tackle on special teams last week. First time heard Alex Lights name was today as well.. must have been deep on the depth chart.

Light got the 3rd team LT reps, not sure he gave up a pressure in any of the games.

4 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I haven't whined a single time, unless you mean the time I politely explained to someone who was inadvertently causing issues for others by posting frivolous tweets?

Then

--> That person stopped posting frivolous stuff, exactly as I asked them to -- probably because they considered the situation of others (all I was trying to point out). 

Then

--> Two people messaged me, thanking me for speaking up. (Cause I've been there, done that, trying to check stuff on my phone w/ no Wi-Fi and it can suck. 

So, if you consider that whining... then sure. 

LOL - what type of alternate universe do you live in anyway?

I'm "that person" you're referring to and I didnt stop posting "frivolous tweets" because you asked (on behalf of others of course....dont want to leave our how considerate you are) - not at all - simply that the roster decisions had slowed down and there werent as many topics (or tweets) to post. Fact is you're the only one to complain about it - and I and others kept posting tweets (just as was being done all day) when they were of interest and topical.

Fact is - if some minority of people isnt currently set up to access the internet - either because they're in a canoe somewhere (beginning to enjoy the holiday weekend you referenced so often) - or driving across country to go deep woods camping - or their desktop is malfunctioning and they can only see whats up on their the tiny LCD display of their Nokia flip phone - perhaps THEY - should consider it time they got off the internet till their access was better.

Ya think? Probably not.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Light got the 3rd team LT reps, not sure he gave up a pressure in any of the games.

I  guess I just didnt pay attention to 70 because I didnt think he'd make it lol

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Packers normally don't play that game... though they got a new GM.

Also just in general, it looked like I researched Pettine's normal roster numbers for nothing as it's a lot closer to MM's roster number normals... other than only 4 OLBers.

Yeah, but you had ILB Thomas who could fly down the field and ST captain Evans... so it can't be STs alone (can it?)

I guess maybe Crawford might be a ST stud, maybe?

Probably the case, unless we are just holding him until we get someone else.

I'm interested in Light, actually.  Seems kind of strong (without being massive yet, he's kind of "Light" actually, right?); seems kind of low, good pad-level; and seems to have decent feet.  I'm hopeful he develops into a capable T/G backup.  

In some of the scouting reports pre-draft or during his senior season, he said and some of the reports suggested he probably projected more as a guard than a tackle.  As with many OL, was practicing snapping so he could add center to his versatility pre-draft.  

Lists at 309'; one of the articles suggested that he doesn't look that bulked up, and like he'd have the frame to add an additional 10-15 pounds, *IF* a team wanted that.  

Also relatively young; turned 22 in May.  I think sometimes the smaller-conference guys get to play a lot (he was starting as a true freshman), so sometimes have pretty good experience, maybe better than some big-college guys.  

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

Assuming Greene, Light, Davis and Crawford all legitimately made the team. 

Final cuts have to be from... 

Bradley, Byrd, Kerridge, Whitehead, Waters, Mbu, Daniels

Is there anyone else that could be realistically cut? 

(Italicized are my 4 guesses).

The thing is, if Bradley is cut, that wouldn’t really help the numbers would it? I’m sure they’d pick up another LS to replace him

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL - what type of alternate universe do you live in anyway?

I'm "that person" you're referring to and I didnt stop posting "frivolous tweets" because you asked (on behalf of others of course....dont want to leave our how considerate you are) - not at all - simply that the roster decisions had slowed down and there werent as many topics (or tweets) to post. Fact is you're the only one to complain about it - and I and others kept posting tweets (just as was being done all day) when they were of interest and topical.

Fact is - if some minority of people isnt currently set up to access the internet - either because they're in a canoe somewhere (beginning to enjoy the holiday weekend you referenced so often) - or driving across country to go deep woods camping - or their desktop is malfunctioning and they can only see whats up on their the tiny LCD display of their Nokia flip phone - perhaps THEY - should consider it time they got off the internet till their access was better.

Ya think? Probably not.

The universe where you 100% stopped posting BS until 3PM CST after we engaged. You posted tons of frivolous tweets before I politely asked you stop and then you didn't post even one more inane tweet until after the cut deadline . Herman/Nagler didn't stop tweeting, you stopped posting. 

Dude, Let it go. I wasn't even engaging you, that exchange was between delta and I, which we clearly solved. 

You sound (at best) like a crotchety old man at this point. "If someone has a problem, it's their own damn fault". 

It's not a good look. 

I'm done responding to you, it's a complete waste of my time. 

Archived