Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

Why are people acting like 30 players from the previous year is so low?  Didn't we have 19 new players from 2016 to 2017 with Thompson replacing his own players?  Everybody trying to act like this is some massive failure on Thompson's part when roster turnover is pretty high every year even with GMs replacing their own players. 

I'm sure it was more than 19, too. 

So Gute kept 30 of Thompson's players and suddenly that's a massive failure by Thompson?  If anything, that's a massive testament to Thompson. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

We were awarded no waiver claims. Now I guess we need to start looking the trade route. Player for player or player for pick. 

If a team didnt take the opportunity to pick up the loose change on the sidewalk - for free - are they suddenly gonna be willing to pay for it?
Oakland might :) There's hope still.

Just now, Leader said:

If a team didnt take the opportunity to pick up the loose change on the sidewalk - for free - are they suddenly gonna be willing to pay for it?
Oakland might :) There's hope still.

What are you talking about?  How would a team claim someone for free if they're on our roster?  He wasn't talking about trading players we cut, he was talking about players who are still on our roster. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What are you talking about?  How would a team claim someone for free if they're on our roster?  He wasn't talking about trading players we cut, he was talking about players who are still on our roster. 

Thats right. I took it that nobody had claimed any of our players. My bad.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats right. I took it that nobody had claimed any of our players. My bad.

Just to be clear, according to reports not one of the Packers who were cut was claimed by another team.

Thus, the Pack is free to sign whomever they want from among those cut to the practice squad as long as the they have eligibility.

Nobody claims any of our players after final cuts. I literally cannot remember the last time this happened.

Goes to show what the other 31 teams think of our depth players.

We freak out each year about losing the players we cut on waivers to other teams but they always make their way back to our PS, the ones we want to keep that is.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Nobody claims any of our players after final cuts. I literally cannot remember the last time this happened. Goes to show what the other 31 teams think of our depth players.We freak out each year about losing the players we cut on waivers to other teams but they always make their way back to our PS, the ones we want to keep that is.

Do you think any of the three rookie WRs would have been claimed?

Archived