Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's not ignore that 3rd round pick that the Bears gave up as well...but I'm actually curious to see how those 2020 picks add up.  Let's just say that the '19 6th for '20 5th seems like an even swap.

For simplicity's sake, I'm going to ignore the depression of future picks but assuming every pick is the last pick of the round, the Bears dealt the 32nd pick (590 points) and 96th pick (116) while the Raiders deal the 64th pick (270).  That means the Raiders net gain was 436 points, which is roughly the value of a mid-2nd round pick

There's still no reason why the Raiders shouldn't have got a player in return. 

Apparently Gruden don't believe Trubisky can run the spider 2 Y banana.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

There's still no reason why the Raiders shouldn't have got a player in return. 

Apparently Gruden don't believe Trubisky can run the spider 2 Y banana.

Raiders were never getting 2 FRPs AND a notable player.  Sorry, there isn't a non-QB that is going to garner that kind of trade value.  This might be a tad lighter than what I'd have expected, but people are freaking out about the 2nd round pick that the Raiders are giving up.  The Raiders save face by saying they got 2 FRPs and the Bears don't completely drop out of the '20 draft.  Hell, next year they won't pick until their 3rd round pick.  They're pretty much the same team for the next 2 years.

Just now, ACO said:

Because im in such a pessimistic mood, here's how im seeing our day...

Bryant's wasted 3rd cancels out the 3rd in the mack trade, the 5th we got cancelled out by McCarron trade, so...

We essentially got 2 mid first rounders for Khalil Mack and a high 2nd.

I need a shot

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeaaa. Keep the blows coming. Carr traded to the Hamilton Tigercats. Bruce Irvin retires. Osemele torn ACL. Raiders change their colors to pink and orange. 

Wooooooo.

Gold (like actual gold, not yellow-called-gold) and pink.  Gotta carry on that theme in Vegas.

13 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Interesting to me that Packers and Lions fans seem to be falling over themselves to rip the trade.  

I haven't really seen Packers fans in the thread, have there been?  Some particular Lions fans, yes.  But I've seen more (and even that's limited) Eagles fans critical of the Bears for this than Packers fans.

Either way, let's stick to not discussing other fan bases en mass, eh?

Archived