Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

Do the Raiders have ANY players who are top 10 at their position? Seems like a potential cellar dweller on paper. Personally, I don't think Cooper is that great and Carr is just solid at this point.

Edit: Forgot KO and Hudosn. The interior and run game will have to be leaned on heavily.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That's not what I'm saying at all. the deal should have stayed the same as what was initially being reported; Mack in exchange for two 1st rounders + player.

The fact that Pace was able to swindle his away out of having to give up a player AND receive a 2nd rd + a conditional pick is amazing. 

Oh believe me, I understand it's a high risk, high reward type of deal. Which is why I didn't even want this trade to happen at all. But looking at the details now, I don't see how anyone could pass this up.

Hypothetical scenario. Let's say it was mandatory for NFL teams to disclose their asking price on a player before putting them on the trade block and the terms are non-negotiable from either party. I guarantee the only teams in the league who would not be on the phone were the ones who didn't have the resources to match the offer.

Nobody was giving up two 1st round picks AND a notable player.  If that deal was on the table, it would have been done.  Now, if you want to argue that the Raiders should have held out for that package, I understand that  But it seems like the Raiders had no interest in paying that hefty extension that the Bears just handed him.

But you talk about swindling a 2nd round pick AND a conditional pick, but completely manage to ignore the 3rd round pick in 2020 and the '19 6th round pick is criminal.  Like I've mentioned that '20 5th round pick and '19 6th round pick are relatively even in terms of value when you devalue the '20 pick because it's in the future.  And in terms of value, that 2nd round pick is closer to the 3rd round than it is the 1st round pick unless you truly believe the Raiders' 2nd is going to be in the upper half of the second while the Bears is in the latter part.

As I've mentioned, I don't see Chicago beating out Green Bay or Minnesota in the playoffs, so they're probably picking in that 12-20 range.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think this is genius for the bears they got a qb division and they just got the qbs kryptonite 

We're still in a passing-based league, and a great QB (i.e. Aaron Rodgers) easily trumps a great pass rush.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're still in a passing-based league, and a great QB (i.e. Aaron Rodgers) easily trumps a great pass rush.

Rodgers and Von Miller both have one SB. Von carried that Denver team way more than Rodgers carried that Packer team. 

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Chicago isn't banking on that. And they shouldn't.

But if he sucks, they draft another QB and keep chugging along. And that QB will be cheap as well.

With what picks?  They don't own a pick until a 3rd round next year, and their pair of 2nd round picks in 2020 isn't going to get them high enough to draft a franchise QB in 2020.  So unless they luck out and a Kirk Cousins-level FA comes available, they're stuck with Trubisky.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

With what picks?  They don't own a pick until a 3rd round next year, and their pair of 2nd round picks in 2020 isn't going to get them high enough to draft a franchise QB in 2020.  So unless they luck out and a Kirk Cousins-level FA comes available, they're stuck with Trubisky.

Or a Kirk Cousins-level draft pick. Either way unlikely

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're not gonna give up on Trubisky until his rookie contract runs out. So that doesn't matter. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers and Von Miller both have one SB. Von carried that Denver team way more than Rodgers carried that Packer team. 

That's one example, QBs>Edge Rushers in terms of impact on a team and it's not even close.

As for those superbowl runs, the packers don't win that SB without Rodgers and that Broncos were one of the worst teams to win a SB. 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Let's be real, Chicago's hopes are still pinned on Trubs. If he's not good, the team won't be good. With or without Mack. If Trubs is the real deal, Mack helps make the team even better. 

What is the "real deal" to you for Mitch? Top 12 DYAR performer? 

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Certainly you werent expecting a Turbisky replacement in the FIRST ROUND over the next 2 years?? If anything it was always going to be a Mason Rudolph type guy.

The amount of salt from Packers fans kind of has me excited haha. Basically the only logic being explained is that you have to have basically Aaron Rodgers to win......Which really if you are a Packers fan and have had back to back HOF QB's, I can kind of see how you all think thats the only way to win.

Archived