Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

lol. can't say i'm not a little bitter to see matt nagy's bears march right down the field and score a touchdown.

Not even Kyle Shannahan or Sean McVay would have made a difference with this game.  

7  hours, crucial injuries to your 3 most important offensive players.....
and
terrible officiating...

Nothing can overcome that...lol

I hope this is then last time we play Miami until we play the AFC East again 4 years. Something always goes wrong against them.

2015-Oliver Vernon dirty hit on Mariota

2017-The Cassel game, questionable officiating

Today- 7 hour diaster of a game.

Edit-It also looks like this was the perfect year for me not to purchase Sunday Ticket.

Certianly don't want to blame the refs but I wonder how a guy(or any coach) keeps his composure when asking the league about some of the penalties called today...or not called. I always tell my friend that is a Pats fan that the name brand teams get the benifitof the doubt and teams likeTEN simply don't. 

If someonr hit Russell Wilson or Brady or Rodgers on a read option like they hit MM 100 out of 100 times that is a penalty. Butlers tackle on the early drive where the guy landed on him...the fact that they see Walker "hold" but manage not to see him being fcemasked. It is just hard to imagine sometimes. The playoff game against the NE so many calls that are just inequitable.

Sorry...now on to HOU

This game was an abomination...we were injury riddled coming in...specifically Conklin...Landry...and Evans...and then we get even more injuries in this game...the coaching was terrible...the offense still stagnates...we go for it on 4th and miss...3 INT's and stupid penalties in key spots.

The only good thing about it is...our Defense came out and played well after Gore gashed us in the first part of the game. Is that because we had the break I dont know...but they came up big in some key spots...

Adoree sucked...I will say I liked our playcalling...

The take away from this is Im not giving up on the season. Last year the Eagles lost all kinds of players. They just had guys who stepped up in a big way. Peters goes down and someone steps in. We need that type of attitude. And as much as I love Delanie I feel like this team needed a day like this. Delanie is a warrior dont get me wrong...he will be missed...but we need some of what the Eagles had last year. And they need an underdog mentality...Let Jonnu step up. Jonnu could become a star for us this season. He may never get another chance to break in this league.

We’ll be ok we just need Marcus to be a lot better. Unfortunately this will be a game we look back to that cost us a playoff spot or a division win.

Good news is we play in a crap division that I’m sure everyone will beat up on eachother until the end. 

Titans will go as far as Marcus takes us but we really need Landry and Evans back too.

Hang in there Titania I’m as down as anyone but 1 TE doesn’t make or break the team. Time for Firkser and Smith to step up 

Just now, Dr.Doom52 said:

BTW I know that the rule on the read option is that he is considered a runner, but to QB's are not allowed to get hit that late. Trust me I always want to enact that same tactic when we play a mobile qb...but we would get called for a PF 

The thing that bothers me most is that Hayes watched him hand it off, knew he didn't have the ball, and then dove head first and low. You've got nearly 100 pounds on the guy, there's no need to take that approach to a hit regardless.

Nothing was normal about this game......

I mean when it was normal, I didn't feel like this team was a disaster (Still don't).
We were moving the ball, the play calls felt good on offense, we needed to execute better. 

Run defense was bad, but defense as a whole wasn't horrible. Despite the plays Miami was making, they only scored 7 points. 
Its hard for a lot of us to feel we simply lost the game, because of the crazy surroundings and Walker going down.

Mariota shouldn't miss time and Lewan should be back, along with Evans, Morgan and Landry. It's not over, its just soooooo frustrating to lose to a team we could have/should have beat if it wasn't for bad officiating and 7 hour game span. 

I feel like we still don't know what type of team we have, because this game was nothing close to a normal NFL game. 

8 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Certianly don't want to blame the refs but I wonder how a guy(or any coach) keeps his composure when asking the league about some of the penalties called today...or not called. I always tell my friend that is a Pats fan that the name brand teams get the benifitof the doubt and teams likeTEN simply don't. 

If someonr hit Russell Wilson or Brady or Rodgers on a read option like they hit MM 100 out of 100 times that is a penalty. Butlers tackle on the early drive where the guy landed on him...the fact that they see Walker "hold" but manage not to see him being fcemasked. It is just hard to imagine sometimes. The playoff game against the NE so many calls that are just inequitable.

Sorry...now on to HOU

Oh...I forgot the whole interception...Lewan debacle. No review of the spot, no penalty on the crack back. That whole thing reminded me of when Sherman hit Marcus late out of bounds...our guys come to defend and we get offsetting penalties?? So he basically got a free cheap shot!!!

Archived