Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

There were lots of serious injuries this week. This is whi I think our approach this preseason with a new offense was just awful...limited action so no one gets hurt...meanwhile we get no rythem on offense, and we lose our #1 option in the first game anyway. I hate that the nfl is so afraid of injuries so they hold everyone out...then they get hurt anyway!!!

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

As bad as today was, I'm still not going to give up on this season until after next week. We come out and look good while beating the Texans, then that'll change the whole mood and outlook of the season.

The Walker injury is a huge bummer though.

I try to stay upbeat and say things like this is why we drafted Jonnu Smith but the guys just not ready to be the guy yet. 

Seasons not over for just the loss of Walker but man today was bad.

i get defensively we didn’t have Evans and Landry I’m not saying that’s not a big deal but today we could have beaten the Dolphins without them.

Offensively was the bigger concern today. Taywan Taylor was targeted once I believe. What happened to getting him involved?

Where was all these fancy looks that guys tweeted about in camp and we never seen today?

Only one game but I’m just left confused 

There were some bright spots, even thought most of it was ugly and diluted with the delays.

Dion Lewis is a real weapon.
Our Backup OT's didn't let Quinn and Wake go nuts. They held their own.
We had 2 INT's and a sack from Correa. 
Derrick Henry showed some wheels. Despite the call back, it was a great run and something that can be looked for in the future.
Darius Jennings with an explosive return.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think we're all pretty prepared for this. I'm just numb right now. Even at my most pessimistic, I never could have imagined today going quite this horribly.

Yeah I think it's safe to say he will be out for the season. That foot looked broke and dislocated. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Derrick Henry showed some wheels. Despite the call back, it was a great run and something that can be looked for in the future.

His top speed for a guy that's the size of a linebacker is absolutely ridiculous. Was straight pulling away from DBs in the open field.

Positives: One garbage holding call away from maybe stealing this game. Dion Lewis was certainly neat to watch, as well.

Negatives: Everything else? I'm especially disappointed in our play in the trenches. Both on offense and defense. 

Give the Phins credit though, Tannehill had his hiccups but he looked good and they made big plays when they needed them. 

Archived