2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

We can’t give up on Carr unless he Sanchez’s to week 17

Oh I'll never give up on Carr (or Mack) because of what they already did for the franchise. They brought us out of the dumpster fire that we were in and just for that they will get the same respect from me as past leaders of the franchise. I do hope we draft young QB's in 3-5th rounds every year to learn behind Carr because it's always good to have a servicable back-up. Wanted Cook to be that guy but his 'team' leadership was why he fell to the 4th. Dak was underrated and now overrated. LOL Dam people he's a 4th it's a win/win no matter what. Carr too as he was a 2nd where you've got teams throwing picks to trade up (except Rosen) to get QB's. LOL

1 minute ago, G said:

Oh I'll never give up on Carr (or Mack) because of what they already did for the franchise. They brought us out of the dumpster fire that we were in and just for that they will get the same respect from me as past leaders of the franchise. I do hope we draft young QB's in 3-5th rounds every year to learn behind Carr because it's always good to have a servicable back-up. Wanted Cook to be that guy but his 'team' leadership was why he fell to the 4th. Dak was underrated and now overrated. LOL Dam people he's a 4th it's a win/win no matter what. Carr too as he was a 2nd where you've got teams throwing picks to trade up (except Rosen) to get QB's. LOL

I understand that and agree. Rosen isn’t even 1st round talent. Boy are they going to be disappointed, like the trade for Kolb. We definitely need a competent backup though and I’d also say we need one for center too

If Guenther continues to have input into our defensive picks, I'll feel very good about our drafting over the next few years. Reggie has barely drafted skill position guys on O so I have no idea if he can do it or not. We haven't touched receivers or running backs early, which I don't like. I don't know if he can do it TBH.

3 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I understand that and agree. Rosen isn’t even 1st round talent. Boy are they going to be disappointed, like the trade for Kolb. We definitely need a competent backup though and I’d also say we need one for center too

What makes you say that? I had Rosen 2 right behind Darnold of the QBs. I think he's going to be great in time personally. Every tool you want in a QB, people just don't like his personality. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If Guenther continues to have input into our defensive picks, I'll feel very good about our drafting over the next few years. Reggie has barely drafted skill position guys on O so I have no idea if he can do it or not. We haven't touched receivers or running backs early, which I don't like. I don't know if he can do it TBH.

I hope Denard makes it to FA and Guenther gets him here in Oakland. He looks every bit the CB you want on your team in FA.

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I think we can be optimistic about our future if Carr can become tougher in the pocket with our extra picks, cap space, and coaching staff. I do think we are in for a long year this year though.

I think everyone needs to realize that this is less about him being scared/a wimp and more about him not having the confidence needed in this system with these receivers yet.

3 hours ago, true2form said:

I think everyone needs to realize that this is less about him being scared/a wimp and more about him not having the confidence needed in this system with these receivers yet.

So then what was it last year? Last season after the Bills loss JDR said that Carr himself told him after the game he had more time and was passing the ball to early. Remember all of that talk about Carr knowing the system better than Gruden, loving Jordy Nelson and seeing why Rodgers loved him, and he has played with Cooper and Roberts for the past few seasons. Carr threw the ball to Richard on check-downs more than he threw it to our entire WR core combined during week one. 

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So then what was it last year? Last season after the Bills loss JDR said that Carr himself told him after the game he had more time and was passing the ball to early. Remember all of that talk about Carr knowing the system better than Gruden, loving Jordy Nelson and seeing why Rodgers loved him, and he has played with Cooper and Roberts for the past few seasons. Carr threw the ball to Richard on check-downs more than he threw it to our entire WR core combined during week one. 

If Carr is still tanking by the bye week I’d throw in the towel. He’s a 5 yrvet not a rookie. And he’s being paid like a top 5 qb. He needs to perform at least like a top 10 qb. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If Carr is still tanking by the bye week I’d throw in the towel. He’s a 5 yrvet not a rookie. And he’s being paid like a top 5 qb. He needs to perform at least like a top 10 qb. 

Gruden and our staff are going to make excuses for Carr until they're blue in the face. Before week one Carr/Gruden were like a long-lost father/son duo and Carr knew the offense better than anyone in history. After his poor performance, it's because the system is complicated, they're just getting on the same page, he took what he could, etc. Gruden and Olson sound exactly like JDR and Downing did last year already. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Gruden and our staff are going to make excuses for Carr until they're blue in the face. Before week one Carr/Gruden were like a long-lost father/son duo and Carr knew the offense better than anyone in history. After his poor performance, it's because the system is complicated, they're just getting on the same page, he took what he could, etc. Gruden and Olson sound exactly like JDR and Downing did last year already. 

Naw I think Gruden will hold people accountable even Carr. Gruden basically put the lack of productivity on offense on Carr. Hell after 1 game mack has more tds than Carr. Carr gotta get it together ASAP.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw I think Gruden will hold people accountable even Carr. Gruden basically put the lack of productivity on offense on Carr. Hell after 1 game mack has more tds than Carr. Carr gotta get it together ASAP.

We'll see. They've blamed a lot of the issues on the complexity of the offense and not being on the same page. We looked great in the first half but got outcoached and outplayed in the second half. 

People are coming after Gruden for not adjusting and although I have some questions, I think that may be a little flawed. We don’t know if everything was what he called or what Carr was checking to. I was kind of surprised that we got away from the uptempo stuff but it’s kind of hard to do that when you’re not moving the ball. I would have liked to have seen more of lynch, at least some bubble screens to coop, more play action, and maybe some rpos. 

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hmmmm maybe Gruden will start to think about drafting a guy or other moves during the offseason by that time, but i dont see Gruden starting another qb unless maybe week 14-15-16. 

On 9/14/2018 at 3:13 AM, big_palooka said:

What makes you say that? I had Rosen 2 right behind Darnold of the QBs. I think he's going to be great in time personally. Every tool you want in a QB, people just don't like his personality. 

I was being hyperbolic lol. He has the arm and tools not sure if he is ready for NFL speed. I know he didn’t have any good weapons around him at UCLA but I think he needed a better situation than the bills. Patriots or Saints Packers ect sit and learn for a season(s)

Archived