2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Hell why not just dump this year for first pick and get Bosa since the team isn't going to do anything for the remaining time in Oakland who really cares? Its all about Vegas it appears now, Mark pushed all his chips in for Gruden knowing Mack is going to want an extension and allowed it to fall apart.

3 hours ago, billking said:

Hell why not just dump this year for first pick and get Bosa since the team isn't going to do anything for the remaining time in Oakland who really cares? Its all about Vegas it appears now, Mark pushed all his chips in for Gruden knowing Mack is going to want an extension and allowed it to fall apart.

That's the most anti-Raider idea ever.

It may be all about the future in Vegas but i sure would hate for our last year in Oakland to be remembered that way. Its not the Raider way.

We could draft a qb and edge rusher again, but this time both in the first round. That would be terrible having to sign both at the same time. 

He had issues in 15 and 16 but looks like a totally different player now. Coop’s disappearing acts may be more on Carr. Hopefully Gruden can get more out of him. At least we have some film to look at and Gruden can point out where he went wrong.

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

Will there be good QB prospects in the 2019 draft?

We could trade up with the double 1s and select the QBotF after we traded or cut Carr early 2019...

But the only reason we traded Mack (according to most on here) is because we couldn’t afford both him and Carr? That would make the Mack trade even more ridiculous.

5 hours ago, riceman80 said:

That's the most anti-Raider idea ever.

It may be all about the future in Vegas but i sure would hate for our last year in Oakland to be remembered that way. Its not the Raider way.

Mark Davis's actions proves he had no intentions to put the best product available for the Oakland fanbase for these remaining seasons or season it looks more like. As soon as Vegas or even before that there was no effort to secure our best player, it appears he only wanted to cash in on whatever assetts he could get and strategize the future in Vegas. Once again the East Bay gets screwed over by the Davis family to try to get what they want or this time Mark succeeded where his dad failed. There was plenty of opportunity to secure both players long term and I don't understand why they could not get all 3 parties together to work the deals out to be in everyones best interest. I don't doubt it at all both Carr and Mack could have been worked out so the team would not be completely hamstrung by 2 contracts. I agree they shouldnt dump but I do believe they have dumped on the fans here a second time.

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

But the only reason we traded Mack (according to most on here) is because we couldn’t afford both him and Carr? That would make the Mack trade even more ridiculous.

Sure, but if Carr sucks we need to do something

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Difference is Carr is already signed to an extension. I think if it was reversed they would have kept Mack and traded Carr.

Gruden says he likes Carr...but he also might like Mccarron too.

I think the Raiders are locked into him for another 2-3 seasons. No way they’d be able to trade him and his contract. All the incompetent teams have QBotFs right now, Dak could change that and Carr always wanted to be a cowboy. Idk that’s the only way i see the Raiders getting rid of him without the cap hit.

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Difference is Carr is already signed to an extension. I think if it was reversed they would have kept Mack and traded Carr.

Gruden says he likes Carr...but he also might like Mccarron too.

I think the Raiders are locked into him for another 2-3 seasons. No way they’d be able to trade him and his contract. All the incompetent teams have QBotFs right now, Dak could change that and Carr always wanted to be a cowboy. Idk that’s the only way i see the Raiders getting rid of him without the cap hit.

Carr has no guaranteed money after this season, his dead cap money is $7.5m, $5m and $2.5m, if there was a possibility of us moving on from Carr then the Mack trade should never have happened.

You guys crack me up.  After 1 game, under a new HC and new offense you're clamoring to trade Carr for Fitz, cut him to save cap money, tank the year and draft a college QB.  2 years ago Carr was considered a top 3 NFL QB building block, it was a coin flip between him and Luck.  The dude can play and is a good QB.  He is on a team with very little talent, a WR crew that is below average, obviously outside of the most homer "HOF WR" in Cooper SMH and a terrible D where we will be playing form behind most games. 

Yes, Carr looked gun shy and played atrociously last night, there is no denying that but calling for him to be cut or traded is a flat out joke.  He will turn it around, he's a gamer and can play.  

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

If Gruden didnt think Carr was his franchise QB he wouldnt have signed. I dont see him going anywhere. 

Yeah i dont get the hate. His worst season was last year and he was still better than half the starting QBs in the league.

Chucky is a QB guru and he'll iron him out. Carr needs his confidence back imo and this system will give him that when he gets it down. Gannon was a football scientist and it took him significant time to get the system down too. Gruden's scheme calls for advanced route concepts, extensive pre snap adjustments, and vulcan-like mental chemistry between the QB and skill position players on almost every pass play. This stuff isn't learned overnight.

HAVE SOME PATIENCE RAIDER NATION!

Here’s what i know: Gruden has a 10 year contract, he was brought in to be the long term answer. Gruden also has 4 first round picks the next 2 years.

Here is what i assume: Gruden has also alluded that this is a rebuild. I don’t doubt that he liked Carr and Mack when he came on board, but things change. After Mack got traded i think that it sent the message that no one is irreplaceable.  Gruden believes in his scheme and if Carr can’t work within it, he’ll cut or trade him too. He went through a few QBs in Tampa so i wouldn’t put this past him. 

Archived