2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

On 10/23/2018 at 10:14 AM, big_palooka said:

Ammo is worthless if you don't have the right gun firing it. There isn't currently anyone in the organization who can capitalize on these assets IMO. That has to change, otherwise this rebuild will just collapse around Gruden in no time. 

I do not trust Gruden to manage this rebuild personally. I can see him doing Gruden things like trading a first for LeVeon Bell (knock on wood) or similar dumb actions.

This. I just said the same thing in a another thread. Gruden is a terrible drafter. It would be incredibly painful to have three 1st round picks bust in one draft.

48 minutes ago, ZoomWaffle said:

This. I just said the same thing in a another thread. Gruden is a terrible drafter. It would be incredibly painful to have three 1st round picks bust in one draft.

Wait for it....

Jokes aside, I do think we may have found some contributors this year. Which is promising, since everyone thinks Gruden led the draft. Jury is out on Miller & Parker. They're very raw and their trajectory is unpredictable, plus the OL scheme could change. Hurst/Hall/Key look like contributors. Hoping one of them can become a force. If we can get Bosa, we might have a good DL. Nick Nelson I think can be our next Carrie -- maybe a little better. Hoping CB3 at worst, solid CB2 at best. Would be nice if Ateman can become New Andre Holmes. Would be nice if the Gator rookies could end up not sucking.

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Wait for it....

Jokes aside, I do think we may have found some contributors this year. Which is promising, since everyone thinks Gruden led the draft. Jury is out on Miller & Parker. They're very raw and their trajectory is unpredictable, plus the OL scheme could change. Hurst/Hall/Key look like contributors. Hoping one of them can become a force. If we can get Bosa, we might have a good DL. Nick Nelson I think can be our next Carrie -- maybe a little better. Hoping CB3 at worst, solid CB2 at best. Would be nice if Ateman can become New Andre Holmes. Would be nice if the Gator rookies could end up not sucking.

Honestly, I am happy with Hurst, Hall, and Key. Miller still worries me but he's young and in a tough position so I'll reserve judgement until he's really had a chance. Hopefully he proves me wrong but I'm not filled with confidence between his draft history and some of his personnel moves so far. 

We will have, at worst, a top five pick. Clelin Ferrell as our first first rounder as a worst case scenario is something I can be excited about. Give me a sideline to sideline lb named Devin (Bush or white) and a safety or wide receiver with our third first. (Sounds weird to say) Safety/wr in the second and possibly a rb in the third. 

I would be shocked if Gruden doesn’t throw a ton of money at bell or overpay a little for Tevin Coleman.

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

We will have, at worst, a top five pick. Clelin Ferrell as our first first rounder as a worst case scenario is something I can be excited about. Give me a sideline to sideline lb named Devin (Bush or white) and a safety or wide receiver with our third first. (Sounds weird to say) Safety/wr in the second and possibly a rb in the third. 

I would be shocked if Gruden doesn’t throw a ton of money at bell or overpay a little for Tevin Coleman.

If AJ Brown falls to our Third first round would you pick him or if greedy and Thompson are there? Personally I think it’s easy all defensive first rounds but Gruden I can see taking a wr. I just hope not

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I dont see it with Bell. Gruden's always been a RBBC guy.

Coleman makes 1000% sense for Gruden. His game is similar to Kaufman and Garner, both of which Gruden adored.

Then draft his Wheatley/Pittman power complement in the middle rounds.

11 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

If AJ Brown falls to our Third first round would you pick him or if greedy and Thompson are there? Personally I think it’s easy all defensive first rounds but Gruden I can see taking a wr. I just hope not

Even in this talented of a defensive class, id be floored if Greedy was still on the board at 15. He's a top end prospect right now and he's gonna shine at the combine when scouts see his athleticism with his height and length.

God i hope we draft him. Favorite prospect in the draft hands down.

14 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Even in this talented of a defensive class, id be floored if Greedy was still on the board at 15. He's a top end prospect right now and he's gonna shine at the combine when scouts see his athleticism with his height and length.

God i hope we draft him. Favorite prospect in the draft hands down.

I agree and I want our draft Bosa/Ferrell, Devin White, Greedy

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

DE: Key

DT: Hankins/Jelly

DT: Hurst/Hall

DE: Bosa

OLB: KJ Wright or Anthony Barr

MLB: White/Lee

OLB: Whitehead

CB: Greedy Williams or Deandre Baker/Worley

CB: Conley/Nelson

S: Joyner or Earl Thomas

S: Gilchrist

Id be very happy with that D. 1 major FA addition, 1 mid tier FA addition, and use our 3 1sts to add talent to every level of the D.

Then use 2020 FA and draft to load up the offense.

There'd be some growing pains for youth but id be excited to see it. Unfortunately Gruden likes to go predominantly offense with his high picks so im not expecting this. Itd be stupid to go offense in such a weak offensive draft with all the talent on D tho. Hoping against hope.

4 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Id be very happy with that D. 1 major FA addition, 1 mid tier FA addition, and use our 3 1sts to add talent to every level of the D.

Then use 2020 FA and draft to load up the offense.

There'd be some growing pains for youth but id be excited to see it. Unfortunately Gruden likes to go predominantly offense with his high picks so im not expecting this. Itd be stupid to go offense in such a weak offensive draft with all the talent on D tho. Hoping against hope.

If we went offense with even one of these picks I’d be furious. Only exception is if Gruden fell in love with one of the QBs and it’s not a reach. 

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bosa, Devin White, and Deionte Thompson would be ideal

add all 3 and trade the 2nd for a future 1st..

with 3 1st in 2020 address and offense: RB WR TE with young studs

sign a few free agent starters as stop gaps: LB, S, WR, RB bring back Cook on a 2-3 year deal....

fill out depth will Gruden vets, and rest of drafts on 2019 and 2020

Archived