Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

3 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Who I should I start i the Flex spot (PPR League and going against my good friend who I want to beat badly)?

1) Duke "I am a bum" Johnson vs @NO

2) Tarik Cohen vs. Seattle

3) OJ Howard vs Phi

4) Cole Beasley (barf) vs NYG

Duke.  CLE could be playing catchup this game and he'll see some work I think.  None are really great options though.

20 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Who I should I start i the Flex spot (PPR League and going against my good friend who I want to beat badly)?

1) Duke "I am a bum" Johnson vs @NO

2) Tarik Cohen vs. Seattle

3) OJ Howard vs Phi

4) Cole Beasley (barf) vs NYG

In a full PPR? I'd probably take Beasley as the safest floor. Not much of a ceiling unfortunately though

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Duke.  CLE could be playing catchup this game and he'll see some work I think.  None are really great options though.

Yeah, I figured, but I can't remember the last time he got double digits.  I had Duke last year, and he always seemed underwhelming every time.  I had friends again talk him up, and still only got like 3 pts last week. 

I have Alshon Jeffrey waiting to come back, though.

Just now, jonu62882 said:

Yeah, I figured, but I can't remember the last time he got double digits.  I had Duke last year, and he always seemed underwhelming every time.  I had friends again talk him up, and still only got like 3 pts last week. 

Duke was solid last year so don't worry about game 1.  He's a solid bench guy to play in a pinch.  You could do worse.

17 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Still think your play is Beasley because of the floor. I think you can expect a lot of what he did in week 1 - something like 7 for 70, which is good for 14 points in a full ppr league. Dak looks for him a lot, he leads all their receivers in snap percentage and honestly, because he's essentially the cowboys #1 receiver even though he's out of the slot, I like him as being more likely to score a touchdown. 

Too much unknown for me for Duke. Last year he put up really nice numbers, but the weapons and quarterback are better this year for cleveland, so they don't have to depend on him as much in the passing game, particularly with the addition of Landry. It's hard to get a gauge on how they are going to use him as well - he was on the field for less than half the offensive snaps in week 1, but given the weather, hard to know if that is the actual usage he is going to have, or if it was just because of the weather. He's not going to get the short yardage work, and shouldn't get more than a few carries a week, so you're really relying on him either breaking one, or being a bigger participant in the passing game, which as I alluded to before, is not a guarantee right now. 

5 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'd monitor the health of Goodwin as Pettis could be a sneaky play. 

*Otherwise Lewis is the play.

Hahaha..... I feel the same way. I’d have to drop DeVante Parker to pick Pettis up (which might not be a bad move anyway) while I can save the move and just play Lewis over Robinson.  My big hang up is  Keenum just threw for over 300 on Seattle. Robinson might just have a 10/100/1 line against them. 

10 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Hahaha..... I feel the same way. I’d have to drop DeVante Parker to pick Pettis up (which might not be a bad move anyway) while I can save the move and just play Lewis over Robinson.  My big hang up is  Keenum just threw for over 300 on Seattle. Robinson might just have a 10/100/1 line against them. 

Why would that be a bad move? Parker is pretty much a garbage can at this point. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Why would that be a bad move? Parker is pretty much a garbage can at this point. 

I only get 12 moves for the entire year. I have 11 left. I’m sure I won’t be playing Parker but the move is important and it’s only week 2. I scooped up Aaron Jones with my first move. Hope that ends up being a diamond in the rough pickup. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Still think your play is Beasley because of the floor. I think you can expect a lot of what he did in week 1 - something like 7 for 70, which is good for 14 points in a full ppr league. Dak looks for him a lot, he leads all their receivers in snap percentage and honestly, because he's essentially the cowboys #1 receiver even though he's out of the slot, I like him as being more likely to score a touchdown. 

Too much unknown for me for Duke. Last year he put up really nice numbers, but the weapons and quarterback are better this year for cleveland, so they don't have to depend on him as much in the passing game, particularly with the addition of Landry. It's hard to get a gauge on how they are going to use him as well - he was on the field for less than half the offensive snaps in week 1, but given the weather, hard to know if that is the actual usage he is going to have, or if it was just because of the weather. He's not going to get the short yardage work, and shouldn't get more than a few carries a week, so you're really relying on him either breaking one, or being a bigger participant in the passing game, which as I alluded to before, is not a guarantee right now. 

Yeah, I agree with your assessment and reasoning.  I put Beasley in, and hope that he continue close to double-digits, if not more.  Without Witten or Dez (and Zeke not really big in the passing game, except a couple per game),  I think Beasley will be Dak's safety valve this year and his go-to-guy.  I also have Zeke, too as my RB1. I'll use Beasley until I can get Alshon back. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

PPR- Thompason

Standard- Collins although it is close with Thompson

I'd avoid Williams vs the Vikings

Seconded. I think I'd about Collins just because I hate using Thursday night players, but that's my own idiosyncrasy

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So do I drop Collins now or later eventhough he was my 4th round pick because he clearly banged Jim Harbaughs wife.

Yeah, I don't know why they are pulling Collins out at the goal line. Weird. I'm guessing it's because of the fumbles. But if Collins isn't the goal line back, that's a problem, because he's not the receiving back either. 

What kind of sucks is that the game flow of neither game has helped at all. The first game was a complete blow out so early that they rested starters in the second half, and this game they are way behind so early all they can do now is throw the football. 

Archived