Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

You said he will be 159 max because you can only add so much weight back. Him and his coach both said around 170 which is where he typically fights at.  Lol at thinking he fought at 149 for his 145 fights

Anyone who has cut weight before knows you can put a lot more than 5 pounds back on in 24 hours. 

He was close to 170 this week. You don't cut weight over 12-16 weeks, you do it the 2-3 days before weigh ins which is why it is so unsafe. So he isn't reversing 12-16 weeks of diet lol

55 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

As someone who cut weight for collegiate wrestling, I could put on 10 pounds back on in a few hours.  

This.

People don't realize how drastic the water weight cut is and what these guys to replenish that after weigh-ins.

A 10 lb gain in 24 hours is extremely easy after a big cut.

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know the answer as to why but is anyone else annoyed that this fight took like 1 yr to make happen and yet Floyd/Manny took like 9 years?

One was an actual threat to Floyd, the other was not.

The promoters for both sides in the Pac Mayweather fight were much more stubborn as well.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

This.

People don't realize how drastic the water weight cut is and what these guys to replenish that after weigh-ins.

A 10 lb gain in 24 hours is extremely easy after a big cut.

Like, I would walk around at about 200 pounds in the offseason.  I'd diet down to around 175 during the season and then cut the last 10 or so pounds in water weight(I wrestled 165) a couple days before.  And that was very common for everyone I knew.  We could all put that water weight back on very easily.  Maybe he does it differently, but that's just my experience.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Like, I would walk around at about 200 pounds in the offseason.  I'd diet down to around 175 during the season and then cut the last 10 or so pounds in water weight(I wrestled 165) a couple days before.  And that was very common for everyone I knew.  We could all put that water weight back on very easily.  Maybe he does it differently, but that's just my experience.

Yup, wrestled 165 in college as well, walked around 185-190 in the off season while still in pretty good shape.

The last 7-10 lbs, if you're making a significant enough cut where you hit a wall even with perfect dieting to stay in top condition, will always be fluids.

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Yup, wrestled 165 in college as well, walked around 185-190 in the off season while still in pretty good shape.

The last 7-10 lbs, if you're making a significant enough cut where you hit a wall even with perfect dieting to stay in top condition, will always be fluids.

Yay!  165 pound buddy!

And it is easy to put fluids back in your system.  Is it legal for them to get an IV after a weigh in?  Cause that'd be the way to go.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Yay!  165 pound buddy!

And it is easy to put fluids back in your system.  Is it legal for them to get an IV after a weigh in?  Cause that'd be the way to go.

I think it depends, not sure.

I actually vaguely remember there being some controversy about Mayweather taking a pre-fight IV after the Pac weigh-ins because they say it can be used to delute testing samples or something?

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I think it depends, not sure.

I actually vaguely remember there being some controversy about Mayweather taking a pre-fight IV after the Pac weigh-ins because they say it can be used to delute testing samples or something?

It got banned in MMA when the USADA took over doping regulations.

This is for boxing - The use of IV bags is largely prohibited by the Nevada State Athletic Commission due to concerns that IV hydration could be used to dilute the presence of banned substances, making anti-doping efforts more difficult.

So I guess it depends on the state?

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Anyone have any idea what we're looking at for an actual start time? 

Around 11:45 I've read from a few places, but I'm not watching the stream yet so I don't know if things are slower or not.

Has Fonseca vs Davis started yet?

Archived