Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nothing there suggested pain or mental incapacity - which was directly clear by the fact that 10 seconds after it was called he was literally talking in full sentences to people in seats. Did you not all see that? Was it just my feed? The fight was called, he took a couple big breaths, turned and started talking in full coherent sentences saying he was just a little tired. He was fine and not even a little bit hurt?

You realize half his face was swollen and he was about to hit the mat from getting hit in the face, right? They stopped the fight because he was so out of it he couldn't defend himself. I watched after the fight, but I also watched the fight, including the round where McGregor was dead on his feet and getting hit in the head repeatedly.

If you think they shouldn't have called the fight and should have let Mayweather do more damage, say that, but I think it was crystal clear they needed to end it.

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

through 8 it was more entertaining than any Floyd fight I ever watched

The first 8 were super competitive. 

You gotta watch more Floyd fights then. Especially the early ones. Castillo, Maidana, Judah, Chaves, etc.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

exactly. Anyone defending this joke of a sport should just reread this over and over. After fighting the "greatest light weight ever" he was 100% fine, except for being out of breath. 

Floyd isn't the greatest LW ever or even close to being the best ever. Most have him top 20-25, while other historians barely in the top 50. I think more in the 20-25 range.

Conor fought well. He was much bigger and younger than Floyd. Had he fought someone in their prime like Errol Spence or Keith Thurman, he would get stopped in the first three to four rounds. If he fought someone closer to his natural weight like Canelo and GGG, it may not have gone past two. Conor actually fought the perfect opponent for him today. A guy who has been out for two years that isn't a big puncher.

That counter uppercut in round 2 by Conor doe>>>>>>

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

All right chief you keep thinking that.

Well, I mean, I did it. I fought golden gloves. Have you? 

The point is that boxing was built up as sanction fighting, but its not. If those two fought on the street tomorrow Conner would murder him. But whatever, im done. just sharing my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

You know she tripped right? Some clipped the back of her heel. The wasn't her being "tired"

Youve never seen someone fall in track from being tired? You are just being difficult at this point. You get the point.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Falling.gifShe musta been punched a bunch too.

Or, you know, had her foot stepped on and tripped.

Or do you actually think that someone goes from being able to compete at the same level as other world class athletes to being unable to even stand in a matter of a couple milliseconds?

Another thing, I feel like this is a rare case of a PPV fight being worth it. It was an entertaining fight. Nice to see Floyd on the attack for a change and Conor in the early rounds was a nice surprise since no one really knew what to expect out of him.

Just now, RaiderX said:

You gotta watch more Floyd fights then. Especially the early ones. Castillo, Maidana, Judah, Chaves, etc.

This fight was in a way Judah-esque. Floyd had to adjust with the high guard and had to start walking Conor down like he did to Judah. He should have done this from the opening bell though. Conor is too awkward to time for someone seeing him for the first time in a ring.

In terms of Floyd's most exciting fights, JLC/Maidana/Cotto/Augustus/Chavez/NDou/Corley were more exciting fights.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The point is that boxing was built up as sanction fighting, but its not. If those two fought on the street tomorrow Conner would murder him. But whatever, im done. just sharing my 2 cents.

But they didn't, Blanche. They fought in a ring.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You get that this was a boxing match, right? Like, not a duel or a knife fight?

Getting mad about this is like getting mad that an MMA fight doesn't end in one fighter's death.

Archived