Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Yeah the Jamie arc I’m not too upset about. It shows you even with a drastic transformation, some people can never get over love and are consumed by it. 

Although I do hope Jamie’s transformation is a little more legit in the books and he he is either Azor Ahai and kills the NK or kills Cersei. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah the Jamie arc I’m not too upset about. It shows you even with a drastic transformation, some people can never get over love and are consumed by it. 

Although I do hope Jamie’s transformation is a little more legit in the books and he he is either Azor Ahai and kills the NK or kills Cersei. 

Change one word and you've just described Sandor Clegane, though (change love to hate). It just feels redundant.

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Some people can never escape their demons. I don't think you can discount the strides he made over the series by simply saying he ended the same way he started.

Same with Jamie. 

He never really made strides though I don't think. Besides leaving the battle of Blackwater, he showed no difference in character and his talk with Arya i don't think was really any different then the one he had with Sansa just before he left.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Before we venture too far off, let's not forget the original statement by me was for S8 alone and not over the entire series.

EDIT: Also, Jaime's character arc sucked and I will absolutely die on that hill.

They spent 5 seasons building up a redemption arc and at the end he said it was never there to begin with.

He killed the Mad King because he was horrified at what would happen to the people of King's Landing.

At the end? Eh I never cared for the people. ????????????? Wuuuu........?

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They spent 5 seasons building up a redemption arc and at the end he said it was never there to begin with.

He killed the Mad King because he was horrified at what would happen to the people of King's Landing.

At the end? Eh I never cared for the people. ????????????? Wuuuu........?

"Jaime kind of forgot that he killed the Mad King to save the people"

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Kit Harrington has entered rehab due to stress and alcohol which he attributes to the Game of Thrones ending. 

Dude spent his entire 20's on the show as Jon Snow. It's not a shock to me that all of that coming to an end is very, very emotional and difficult. Throw in that he's already had previous issues during the show and yeah I just hope he comes out of the other end okay.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Dude spent his entire 20's on the show as Jon Snow. It's not a shock to me that all of that coming to an end is very, very emotional and difficult. Throw in that he's already had previous issues during the show and yeah I just hope he comes out of the other end okay.

Yeah I hope he ends up ok. He said season 8 was a brutal fast pace grind... and also was emotionally distraught by the disappointment of the season. 

15 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

He never really made strides though I don't think. Besides leaving the battle of Blackwater, he showed no difference in character and his talk with Arya i don't think was really any different then the one he had with Sansa just before he left.

I think he clearly bought into what Ian McShane's character was doing and would've been content living out the rest of his life doing good with them, which is a stride in itself. Between that and him actually seeing something in the flames with Thoros, I'd say he made some progress. Towards the end it seemed like he was still the same guy with more of a moral compass than he had when the series started.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I hope he ends up ok. He said season 8 was a brutal fast pace grind... and also was emotionally distraught by the disappointment of the season. 

Where did he say it was the disappointment of the season? It seemed like it was more that GOT was ending, not how it ended.

Let's please not use this as another way to bash the series. This is about a guy's health. 

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No he killed the Mad King to save his father.  His family is all that he ever cared for, before Brienne.  

It was actually both.

Once again, I came to the king, begging him to surrender. He told me to... bring him my father's head. Then he... turned to his pyromancer. 'Burn them all,' he said. 'Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.' Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then? First, I killed the pyromancer. And then when the king turned to flee, I drove my sword into his back. 'Burn them all,' he kept saying. 'Burn them all.' I don't think he expected to die. He... he meant to... burn with the rest of us and rise again, reborn as a dragon to turn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen.

42 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Nah, it was a lot more complex than that. 

You're right, there is a lot of nuance, but trying to act like Jaime Lannister cared about the people of KL and the writers backtracked that with the comment of "I never really cared much" is disingenuous at best.  That line was perfectly within Jaime's character both books and show.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No he killed the Mad King to save his father.  His family is all that he ever cared for, before Brienne.  

He literally confessed in the tub with brienne in the books and in the show it was to save the city.