Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Even with Jon dead though, you still have a marked Bran and the Night King building an army. He would’ve found a way south eventually (maybe some giant spiders, could be a number of ways in a fantasy world).

Im still curious about how you think the wildlings would get south without Jon though?

Jon brought them south before he died though.

If the writers wanted it that way then sure he could found a million ways to get to the other side of the wall. But as far as the story goes, Jon's accomplishments was a complete contradiction of everything he was supposed to be. Everyone put their faith and trust into Jon including Dany herself and it turned out to bring about everything that went wrong in the story.

From what we were shown, the dragon was the only real way through the wall. Had Jon just stayed dead, it could have been another 8000 years before he got through for all we know. If what you say about Bran is true, then maybe the NK could pass through but not his army, at least not on the scale that would be considered an invasion and that's if he could still even get through since we know he won't go anywhere without at least a 1000 walkers guarding him.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Couldn't they have just invaded Castle Black again with the Giants, same way they did in S3(?) but without Jon there taking Castle Black would've been easier. Maybe. Idk.

Nah, not if they flooded it like Jon originally suggested. Even Thorne had he lived would have been bright enough to do that.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

pwwbfvwvg6031.jpg

Yeah they really Tyrion look like the most idiotic and unintelligent character of S8 after being the smartest. Another example is his idea to store everyone in the crypt with dead bodies during The Long Night. Peter wasn’t happy about that at all. 

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

It seemed like you were saying the NK obtained all of his power because of Jon. Had there been no Jon, the NK would have found other unknown ways to strengthen his army. 

And I’m confused, how would the Wildlings be south of the wall without Jon?

The Wildlings would have made it south easily if Jon wasnt there. Castle Black would have fallen that night.  His delay allowed Stannis enough time. Otherwise theyd have already taken Castle Black. And Stannis would have been stuck on the wrong side of the wall against them.

Im just pointing out. Any of these mythical ways Jon fans are pointing out hes some prophecy. Its just as easy to go the other direction with it. Because for the show this stuff isnt there with any real basis. Azor isnt mentioned a single time in the series. Hes as relevant to the series as Garland or Arianne. Its not there yet people are reaching, when theres 100 different directions things can be taken. And I gave a couple of examples.

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

She never says the words. But does say Stannis is the PTWP. Azor is never mentioned. They took from that to push the PTWP idea.

Why mention him if theres no legend built for him at that point? So there wasnt one.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Showing Cersei a wight never made sense to me. Just have her send a trusted scout to verify it or something like that. 

It’s probably just hindsight, but that was an insanely bad decision.

Yeah that was the only gripe I had in S7. What was even dumber was the wight was still alive. Thought the magic would wear off being so far away from all the WW’s. 

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Showing Cersei a wight never made sense to me. Just have her send a trusted scout to verify it or something like that. 

It’s probably just hindsight, but that was an insanely bad decision.

I thought that decision made a ton of sense, really. She's only going to believe what she herself sees, so seeing a wight in the flesh like that, she can't deny it's existence and it forces her to make a choice.

If she sends a trusted scout, she may still call it a lie.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I thought that decision made a ton of sense, really. She's only going to believe what she herself sees, so seeing a wight in the flesh like that, she can't deny it's existence and it forces her to make a choice.

If she sends a trusted scout, she may still call it a lie.

Except Tyrion explained Cersei in a nutshell before his trial. She will never forgive a slight whether real or imagined. In the show he says even if the killer came in and gave irrefutable evidence proving his innocence it still wouldnt matter to Cersei. 

Cersei is the kind of person who doesnt care what the truth is. 

• Like 1