Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

If he ordered a trial by combat then he shouldve had a few days to find someone to fight for him. Tyrion was jailed for a few days before oberyn stepped up.

Well, part of that was so that The Mountain could be sent for to come fight for Cersei.  He wasn't just skulking around King's Landing at the time of the trial.

Go back to when Tyrion demanded trial by combat at the Aerie, a champion stepped up immediately for Lysa and Tyrion was left pleading with the present company for a champion before Bronn stepped up because he knew how rich Tyrion's family was.

20 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That scene SUCKED. 

I gaffawed when they started playing the epic music after the fight as if anyone would care. They should have just left it at the scene with Jon and showed him on the boat next season. No one would have been like "why are these no name iron born following him" 

Was I the only one who saw a little bit of Ramsay in his face when he looked up all bloody after KOing that dude?

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Wasn't trial by combat abolished by Tommen? Why would that even be an option? 

Northmen live by Northern rules.  Not to mention, if we're really splitting hairs, Jon bent the knee to Dany not to Cersei, so it would be whatever Dany's rules were if they were going to abide rules that weren't their own.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Did the Theon fight scene irk anybody else?

Like... his special skill is not being able to be hurt by kicks to the groin? lol

I mean he was getting beat senseless to the point where he was struggling just to stand and suddenly he gets a second wind after realizing not having balls saved him for once. 

I just don't see how those men suddenly believe in Theon now and think that he can lead them on a stealth mission against Euron to save Yara.

With that said, Alfie Allen has done a phenomenal job with Theon over the course of the show. Those scenes with him as Reek were so believable with his facial expressions. He did such great acting with never even saying a word. He's one of the most underrated actors on the show.

So, I understand why people want to see Theon's redemption. I mean I was one of them.

But, with only 6 episodes left. Is the Theon angle and saving Yara really that important?

I think he'll be the one to inform them that Euron didn't go back to the Iron Islands. 

BTW, I don't like Theon. Super weird for Euron to go off on him at that time too. lol

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Though it does bring up another question to my mind where there could have been/still be some foreshadowing about roles to be played: Ned had a massive mentee/mentor relationship with Jon Arryn to the point when he was naming his fake bastard, he named him Jon.  Typically, given the relationship, would that have been a name he would have chosen to keep for a son Kat was yet to give him?

I think no. He is still a Stark and by that time knew he was THE Stark. His father and brother word dead so he was Lord of Winterfell. All these families have names they recycle and he would probably feel honor bound to continue that. Naming Jon to him was a good way to honor his mentee as he was free from giving him a Stark name and he knew of his royal provenance, though probably not legitimacy, which made him different than just an ordinary bastard. It was also his last living reminder of Lyanna.  

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Guy that tricked, deceived, conned and all else the most powerful and smartest people in the world. Falls to 2 young girls.. Hollywood writers in full Scooby Doo mode for that one.

What? The same little girl that fought and won against Brienne? There was also some dude you know who could see all things. That guy might have helped.

Edited by 11sanchez11

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

What? The same little girl that fought and won against Brienne? There was also some dude you know you could see all things. That guy might have helped.

There were crows/ravens that could be seen or heard in the background of several scenes at Winterfell involving Littlefinger.  Pretty sure those are indirect allusions to Bran watching.