Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:
3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Including Winterfell O.o

It doesn't have to be a direct line you could bend it to avoid Winterfell.

Is this map wrong. It looks like you can go north of Winterfell pretty easilly from Bear Island to the Dreadfort

The_north_AGOT_map.png

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Anyone else think a marriage of Lyanna Mormont to Sweetrobin Arryn would be the best for both of them? Sweetrobin doesn't have to actually rule. And Lyanna gets power and holds the Vale for the Northerners. (Age isn't a question here either as She's 12 and he's 15)

I like this idea. Lyanna is tough, but she's very smart and wise. Something tells me she'd find compassion for little Robin. Maybe even grow to love him.

Or, she's just gonna go ballistic and take a dragon. Just because. 

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I like this idea. Lyanna is tough, but she's very smart and wise. Something tells me she'd find compassion for little Robin. Maybe even grow to love him.

Then who is ruling Bear Island. I think she loves that place too much to have it non Mormont hands, and as far as I know she is the last Mormont

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think she could easily make it work out well. Bear Island would be given to Jorah?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Then who is ruling Bear Island. I think she loves that place too much to have it non Mormont hands, and as far as I know she is the last Mormont

I'm thinking Jorah is in the middle of his redemption tour. Ned is the one who banished him - would be pretty fitting that his nephew redeemed him (that same nephew tried to give him Longclaw back).

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm thinking Jorah is in the middle of his redemption tour. Ned is the one who banished him - would be pretty fitting that his nephew redeemed him (that same nephew tried to give him Longclaw back).

I have no doubt that if Jorah survives Jon will pardon him and he will be alowd in the North a free man with no problem, but I don't think he'll simply restore his right to possession because that would put him ahead of Lyanna and she has basically single handidly been the one to rally the North behind him.

And well I think Lyanna may be ok with Jorah returning even to Bear Island, something tells me even with his presumed heroics in this war she will still she the shame as well and not want him to be the ruler of Bear Island.

I also think Jorah is probably the leading contener to be the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard under Jon or Dany's rule.

That's just the way I read these character's but I can absolutely be wrong.

9 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I have no doubt that if Jorah survives Jon will pardon him and he will be alowd in the North a free man with no problem, but I don't think he'll simply restore his right to possession because that would put him ahead of Lyanna and she has basically single handidly been the one to rally the North behind him.

And well I think Lyanna may be ok with Jorah returning even to Bear Island, something tells me even with his presumed heroics in this war she will still she the shame as well and not want him to be the ruler of Bear Island.

I also think Jorah is probably the leading contener to be the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard under Jon or Dany's rule.

That's just the way I read these character's but I can absolutely be wrong.

Lord Commander of the Kings guard for Dany, maybe. But for Jon? That's gotta be Tormund if he's still alive.

Just now, scar988 said:

Lord Commander of the Kings guard for Dany, maybe. But for Jon? That's gotta be Tormund if he's still alive.

You think Tormund would accept that? No sex? He ain't giving up Brienne that easily. Plus for a former freefolk to then go to that level of obedience to a king is unrealistic to me. More likely he gets named a Lord and gets a castle in the North. Maybe he takes Moat Cailin. Not really his environment per se, but can be a surprisingly powerful figure being right on the Kingsroad.

17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I don't think Lyanna will take too much of a hard stance on this - the whole premise of why Jon couldn't be King in the North was because he was a bastard, and she shot that down quickly with her "he's got Stark blood" monologue.

I think everyone agrees she's in for something MUCH bigger than Bear Island.

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

You think Tormund would accept that? No sex? He ain't giving up Brienne that easily. Plus for a former freefolk to then go to that level of obedience to a king is unrealistic to me. More likely he gets named a Lord and gets a castle in the North. Maybe he takes Moat Cailin. Not really his environment per se, but can be a surprisingly powerful figure being right on the Kingsroad.

This? I agree with. Tormund isn't taking the Wall unless there's a major change in some of the rules. 

LC of the Night's Watch is up in the air...not sure who's going to get it.