Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

6 hours ago, Edge said:

The first episode was the classic reunion episode. I think it was the right to do so to get a calm start into the season. The second episode was like a classic farewell episode. A slow start building up to end in something great. I really liked it. Like i said it's a classic farewell episode before we're going to lose a lot of beloved characters next week. Podrics song "Jenny of Oldstones" was a great reference to Pippin's song in The Lord of the Rings. Very atmospheric. Brienne was knighted by Jaime and Jon told Dany about his parentage just at the worst possible time. :D

Was absolutely the worst time to do that, but also absolutely within character for Jon to do so.  Like it would be dishonorable to not tell her knowing he may never get to tell her if he didn't do it then. 

A lot of fan service going on still, but that Brienne knighting scene was absolutely earned.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I fully expect this to continue throughout the season. 

Probably, because B&W aren't as good of writers as GRRM, but at least we're at the point now to where they should be following his outline so I expect some carnage amongst the beloved characters over the last 4 episodes.

49 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Would be interesting to see what happens if Drogon dies. It’s said a dragon only ever has one rider, so would Rhaegal choose his “mother” or the Targaryen he’s already bonded with?

Rhaegal would go Jon imo. In Eragon, Galbatorix just said screw your order and stole a chicken egg from the dragon riders and killed all the dragon riders so take from that what you will

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i said last year the next king will be Samwell Tarly.

Wouldn't Gendry have the best claim? Or is his claim null because he's a bastard of Bobby B?

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Would be interesting to see what happens if Drogon dies. It’s said a dragon only ever has one rider, so would Rhaegal choose his “mother” or the Targaryen he’s already bonded with?

For sure Rhaegal is choosing Jon. Rhaegal's been Dany's side chick the entire show.

25 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Fully expecting a Ghost + Rhaegal tag team takedown next ep. 

I don't think the CGI budge can support that considering they could only afford to show 3/4 of Ghost for one scene in one episode so far lol

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I just can't imagine them killing Jon at this point considering he's the guy who just won't die. But dumber things have happened, like making Tyrion dumber. And Varys.

I keep coming back to the whole "The Prince that was promised" thing and how Missandei says it's actually "Prince or Princess" - I could definitely see Dany killing Jon, considering she's checked off most of the other boxes of what she needs to do (including killing her brother - although she didn't do it directly but it happened with her blessing).

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well keep in mind she's been told her entire life it was her birth right and she was the only one who deserves it.

Exactly. She's not about to be like "Oh well I guess if you say so!". Her point about the only people knowing about it is Jon's brother and Jon's BFF is a valid point, though Jon could just be like "Yeah but I literally just rode a Dragon. Only Targaryen's should be able to do that!"

9 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

A friend of mine has an interesting theory about little Lyanna Mormont that I actually really like.

What if Tormunds story about having sex with a bear isn't meant literally? The Mormonts sigil is a bear...Tormund has been South of the wall before... What if the "bear" he had sex with was Maege Mormont...Lyanna's mother (single mother mind you)... And Lyanna was the result.

I'm here for it.

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I keep coming back to the whole "The Prince that was promised" thing and how Missandei says it's actually "Prince or Princess" - I could definitely see Dany killing Jon, considering she's checked off most of the other boxes of what she needs to do (including killing her brother - although she didn't do it directly but it happened with her blessing)

That just screams red herring to me, and a lazy one. I think it's more likely that Jon kills Dany because her lust for power presents itself as dangerous and his duty demands it. Similar to how he was prepared to kill the only other woman he's loved. (F U Olly) 

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

That just screams red herring to me, and a lazy one. I think it's more likely that Jon kills Dany because her lust for power presents itself as dangerous and his duty demands it. Similar to how he was prepared to kill the only other woman he's loved. (F U Olly) 

was he, though? Was he? I mean he failed at least twice by my count to kill her. She was ready and willing to kill him, though. I guess you could say that after Ygritte (also F U Olly) he's learned his lesson, but unless he sees Dany going completely power hungry and stabs her in the back, I don't know if he's going to kill her.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Her entire life? More like the last 6 years.

But she's basing her entire ideology on that false premise. It's not easy to just accept that.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But she's basing her entire ideology on that false premise. It's not easy to just accept that.

I agree, but she didn't start screaming it was her birthright and she was born to rule Westeros until Viserys, Drogon, and her son died.

• Like 1