Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

47 minutes ago, The LBC said:

One of that Lannister boys has to be.  But Tyrion dropping the news that Jamie is actually dead and died defending Winterfell because she didn't send her men is also some due-comeuppance that Cersei could face.  Jamie constantly sacrificed for Cersei (didn't take a wife, refused his title at the Rock, etc.) over and over again until she went all Bloody Mary and made it clear that she was all about her now that her children were dead.  He's legitimately the only thing that could evoke grief and remorse from her at this point.

Didn't she sent Bronn to kill both Tyrion and Jaime?  I feel like it might sting a bit if he dies defending Winterfell but she's still expecting him to die. 

17 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Might have already been discussed, but great thread on reddit theorizing that NK is not just blindly charging into Winterfell, and is actually flanking with Viserion and will burn king's landing to the ground and add 1 million to his army. Adding on to that theory is a comment suggesting the wildfire still laying throughout king's landing will play crucial role in stopping this undead force, and that Aerys didn't actually go mad, but was instructed by three eyed raven time traveling Bran to lay wild fire throughout the city.

That would be awesome, the NK wasn't actually shown at the end last night right?  Seems odd to not show him approaching Winterfell or in the previews for next week.  

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

He's not hell bent on destroying Bran at all costs. It's more like he'll get to him if the opportunity arises. He wants Bran but like everyone else, he's just another human.

Last night Bran said that the NK is there to kill him. They’re planning on using Bran as bait do that they can get the NK out in the open...

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

He's not hell bent on destroying Bran at all costs. It's more like he'll get to him if the opportunity arises. He wants Bran but like everyone else, he's just another human.

According to the good guys plans he will be focused on Bran to the detriment of all else.

Its one of 3 things:

1.  Bran is way wrong on his importance to the NK and he just chills in the godswood the whole battle and nothing happens to him.

2.  There is more to the story of why the NK wants Bran ala Bran becomes the NK?

3.  Piss poor storytelling to end the series and the NK does go after Bran for reasons?

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wouldn't Gendry have the best claim? Or is his claim null because he's a bastard of Bobby B?

or perhaps who has the best blood claim won't matter in the end. perhaps Jon Snow becomes king, abdicates, and appoints Samwell as King.

it's a far fetched guess as to the final outcome, yes, but when has GOT taken the easily forseeable route?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Last night Bran said that the NK is there to kill him. They’re planning on using Bran as bait do that they can get the NK out in the open...

Yea but keep in mind the NK went all the way north just for Bran. He is pursuing Bran, but it's not all or nothing.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

BTW, I re-watched the official trailer for this season and I feel like there's a lot of fighting happening in the crypts lol particularly the Arya scene where she's running away.

Oh it’s happening.  The NK can raise the dead so what better place to put the young and womenfolk but a crypt full of dead bodies.   Headless Ned is gonna be terrifying 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

That would be awesome, the NK wasn't actually shown at the end last night right?  Seems odd to not show him approaching Winterfell or in the previews for next week.  

He wasn't... Interestingly, I just realized this theory was actually put out nearly a week ago, so this episode only made a stronger case for it. It's called "My 'Night King is not stupid' Theory"

One problem with reading theories, and this goes for any show/movie, is that the collective mind of fans can craft such complex and awesome theories, ones that you become a "fan" of, that when they don't come to pass you end up feeling let down or disappointed... I love this theory, especially idea of Mad King not being all that mad,  BUT the fact that it all but implies Ceresi meeting a fairly anticlimatic end keeps me skeptical of it, just feel like her story will not end abruptly, so I'm really not counting on it. So many directions the writers can take, this will be a wild next few eps.

Have we actually seen a named character as a wight yet not from the same episode as their death (I know we saw the wildling clan leaders as wights)? I'm wondering if they just won't go in that direction at all. In a TV show, it's probably a bit too complicated (convincing an actor to come back to the show to play a zombie with no lines OR spending a lot of money on the CGI which probably would look out of place).

I'm all for seeing characters of the past come back as undead, but I just think it will happen as it's never been teased and we've only got 4 episodes left.

35 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Didn't she sent Bronn to kill both Tyrion and Jaime?  I feel like it might sting a bit if he dies defending Winterfell but she's still expecting him to die. 

Do we believe he’s actually going to do it?  He’s friends with both of them and owes Cersei nothing. 

I have a feeling Jamie is going to die defending Dany.  Protecting the queen as opposed to slaying the king. 

Edited by thrILL!