Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, Hustle said:

I haven't read the books, but could someone explain to me how Sansa  became the "smartest" person in the show? 

The smartest person in the show died because plot so sansa became his replacement.

Also technically it's Bran because he has the entire show in his head but he's basically driftwood so eh.

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I haven't seen it mentioned here at all but saw something about the little girl that talked to Davos last episode is actually Melisandre? I'm not 100% convinced but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility either. 

Based on what? And why?

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Based on what? And why?

We know she can transform with glamor, and the culmination of her entire life's purpose seems to be happening right this second in the North and the crypts of Winterfell seem to be a very significant place for what's about to happen. I don't think a threat from Davos would be enough to keep her away.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sold but there's enough reason to not completely dismiss it either. 

This is the video I watched where I first saw it mentioned but I don't think it's his original idea. Book spoilers I guess if you're still worried about that at this point. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I haven't seen it mentioned here at all but saw something about the little girl that talked to Davos last episode is actually Melisandre? I'm not 100% convinced but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility either. 

Im more hoping shes one of Qyburns "little birds".

Kinda like why she gave Bronn a load of gold when she hates him, thinks hes a betrayer already, and spent years hanging out with her brothers. It could be more a bribe to get him to go north. Putting all she hates in one convenient location for a reason. Cause little birds are cheap, and according to season 6, will do anything commanded.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:39 AM, pwny said:

I’m absolutely certain that no matter what happens, half the people who watch the show will be mad. It’ll be too mushy, too much fan service, too happy, too predictable, too crazy, too depressing, or something like that.

Is there even a way to end this where the majority of viewers come out satisfied?

Maybe a very narrow majority or a plurality if you add a "neither liked nor disliked" option, but I would say no.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Which character do you think joins the NKs army of the dead tonight?

My favorites to die tonight are: 

Jorah. I think he'll go out like a boss, maybe even be killed by the NK himself, but after everything last week (advocating for Tyrion, getting the sword from Sam), just feels like his time is up. 

Beric - not a huge player in the game, and this is his entire story to be honest. There's no need for him as a character after this battle. 

Tormund / Edd - Similar to Beric, this is their entire story. They have nothing outside of the north, so once this particular story has concluded, they are superfluous.  The wall is already down, the wildlings are across the wall, so at this point the Watch doesn't really even exist or have a reason to exist (assuming that the NK is eventually killed; if they simply push him back, there would still be a need for the Watch). 

Grey Worm / Missandei - one of them is a lock to die. At first, I thought it would be grey worm because he's the fighter, obviously, but we know that the crypts have to go badly at some point, and someone important is going to die down there. Tyrion I think is safe. Sam too. Missandei is a really good candidate to be an impactful death from the crypts. 

Theon - I don't think that I really need to address this. He dead. 

Drogon / Rhaegal - One, if not both will die. 

Maybe (characters that have a chance to die, but I'm not completely sold on them dying)

Varys - he's kind of useless right now, and again, he's a prime candidate for a crypts death. His role simply isn't needed as this is no longer a political intrigue game (against Cersei or the NK), so what does he bring to the table? I kind of figured that they would wait until Mel returned so that they could see each other one last time, but it could easily not happen. 

Brienne - She's right there out on the lines, and she's largely more of a supporting character. After the special knighting last week, definitely slightly wary of her fate. I don't really see a need to kill her, but at the same time, I don't know if she's necessary to keep alive in the completion of the story. I do like the idea of her surviving and basically being Sansa's own personal guard though. Just kind of cool 

Pod - If Brienne doesn't bite it, Pod certainly could...and probably doing something stupid and heroic. That being said, I feel like Pod is just one of those characters who's going to live through the entire thing for some reason, despite being in the thick of it multiple times. I think his chances of dying are slightly lower than that of Brienne, honestly. 

Ghost - I will hate them for it, but obviously they haven't shied away from killing most of the other wolves at this point. And given that he's basically a complete afterthought his fate is certainly in doubt. 

Gilly - Another "surprising" crypt death. 

Sandor - Leaning toward safe, just  because I buy the whole, "Cleganebowl" 

Gendry - A guy who really isn't a fighter but will be fighting? That typically doesn't bode well. But we will see. I suppose it depends on the long term intent with Arya as well. 

• Like 1