Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Some people just complain to complain. I thought the show adequately displayed how friggin' stealthy she was in the Library scene, but apparently it seems that some people just fast forwarded through that?

Yup. I loved how they balanced pace and rhythm in this episode considering how much they had to fit in storywise. The sledgehammer feel of battle mixed in with the tension of the library gave us some outstanding moments.  They had to mix it up and let viewers breathe but even then they were still scared for the characters. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Some people just complain to complain. I thought the show adequately displayed how friggin' stealthy she was in the Library scene, but apparently it seems that some people just fast forwarded through that?

Reminded me of a Hitman game. If Arya had took the wite's outfit after killing it, even better.

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Yup. I loved how they balanced pace and rhythm in this episode considering how much they had to fit in storywise. The sledgehammer feel of battle mixed in with the tension of the library gave us some outstanding moments.  They had to mix it up and let viewers breathe but even then they were still scared for the characters. 

That whole scene I was just waiting for the jump scare that never came - to my delight tbh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Shows how much smarter Sam is than everyone. He laid down half the battle fighting. Conserving his strength.

I know he was trying to save face by being out there but he should’ve been in the crypt defending the others.  He gave away his family sword so he wasn’t anywhere near equipped for that battle (not that he could even use it). But if Tyrion was in the crypt for his intelligence, then so should’ve Sam. I thought he might be devouring any books they had at Winterfell looking for possible ways to win.  That’s his skillset.  

Edited by thrILL!

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I know he was trying to save face by being out there but he should’ve been in the crypt defending the others.  He gave away his family sword so he wasn’t anywhere near equipped for that battle (not that he could even use it). But if Tyrion was in the crypt for his intelligence, then so should’ve Sam. I thought he might be devouring any books they had at Winterfell looking for possible ways to win.  That’s his skillset.  

Everyone wanted him in the crypts. Edd didnt like seeing him on the battle field.

But its what Sam has become. Part of his build is that he now refuses to be the scared flabby sack he use to be.

Also a thought. Not directed at anyone in particular, just a thought. If you consider yourself a fan of the biggest movie series, tv shows, video game series, etc. in human history and nearly every single one of them, you have roughly the exact same major complaint about them, maybe the issue isn’t every single major media production. Maybe it’s you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I can’t believe ppl are getting so hung up on this. Winterfell is her home. She knows every inch of the castle and grounds.  She knew where Brann was and would know the quickest way to that exact location. She would know which trees in the area could provide the most cover in her approach. 

I mean seriously anyone who spent any time playing outside in their backyard as a kid could replicate that part.  Add all her skills and expertise in stealth to the mix and this is hardly worth a 2nd mention.  It’s certainly not a plot hole as others have suggested.  We know she’s capable of it.  We shouldn’t need our hands held. 

S1, Ep 4

Arya Stark : Syrio says a water dancer can stand on one toe for hours.

Eddard Stark : It's a hard fall down these steps.

Arya Stark : Syrio says every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better.

[Arya puts her foot down] 

Arya Stark : Tomorrow I'm going to be chasing cats.

Eddard Stark : Cats? Syrio says...

Arya Stark : He says every swordsman should study cats. They're as quiet as shadows and as light as feathers.

• Like 5

Switching gears...

How much wildfire do we think Cersei still has and how might she use it?  Would she burn King’s landing to the ground in spite of it came to it?  I’m not sure Dany & Jon would set up their potential kingdom there anyway. 

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I can’t believe ppl are getting so hung up on this. Winterfell is her home. She knows every inch of the castle and grounds.  She knew where Brann was and would know the quickest way to that exact location. She would know which trees in the area could provide the most cover in her approach. 

I mean seriously anyone who spent any time playing outside in their backyard as a kid could replicate that part.  Add all her skills and expertise in stealth to the mix and this is hardly worth a 2nd mention.  It’s certainly not a plot hole as others have suggested.  We know she’s capable of it.  We shouldn’t need our hands held. 

The only reason I bring it up is because Arya is supposedly a master of disguise, so it would have been cool if she used a white walker's face, or something interesting. To me, it just felt like another point of lazy writing. Instead of taking advantage of skills that they have shown her developing for years, she just jumps out of nowhere? 

Also, they explicitly show a shot of how there is nothing but 20 yards of open snow behind the NK and they are completely surrounded by hundreds of wights. No trees to hide behind. 

AVK9NgG.jpg

Just before that, they show the hair on one of the white walker's blowing, presumably to indicate that Arya rushed by, which means her plan was just to rush the NK, in the open, with all the WW and wights watching?

I'm not saying it is a plot hole, I just wish they would have shown more. It just feels like they could have done so much more with one of the most important scenes in the series. 

Hopefully next episode they expand on some of these scenes a bit.