Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

GRRM: "It irritates me when I'm watching a movie, and the hero is going through incredible dangers with his 6 buddies, and none of them die."

[D&D writing S8E3] - "F you, George"

I don't see any way that GRRM is involved with the show in the last few years. He would never have signed off on last episode.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I think it is far less about telling people what they should expect and accept... 

... and more about telling people that if they are sticking around... on a ride that they don't enjoy... 

Hey, maybe go ahead and step off at the next stop. Save us the grief? :P 

That was directed at the people who are complaining about the show's quality, thought that was obvious. Also I clearly stated that I am enjoying the show. I don't know if you just stopped reading or just cherry picked my post to say something pointless. I don't really care if some people are enjoying it and think this is the pinnacle of television, I'm not on a crusade to change opinions.

Edited by Mossburg

20 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

That was directed at the people who are complaining about the show's quality, thought that was obvious. Also I clearly stated that I am enjoying the show. I don't know if you just stopped reading or just cherry picked my post to say something pointless. I don't really care if some people are enjoying it and think this is the pinnacle of television, I'm not on a crusade to change opinions.

Oh, I'm sure it was obvious. I don't even remember if I quoted you, but I would expect even if I had.. it was just to add on or edit in what you were saying... and the words not meant to you. 

I'm the same way; I don't really care if people loved or hated the series or episode. That's their personal business. I don't read through this thread to see particular praise or hate of. I read through to see clever takes or if I missed little details that can add to my perceptions of the show. Also, to see what theories or info that may be ahead.

I guess my main issue was not whether I agree with a person's criticisms... but the fascination of why they need to be so incredibly repetitive about them. It's like they are attending a party, yet just stick around to pout and complain to others about being at the party. :/ 

Nothing else to say on that; prefer to leave it be and just keep reading through. Peace.

• Like 3

Game of Thrones. A time of magic, supernatural forces and death............

"Claire Walton jokingly told her hospice care team that she wanted to meet the cast of her favorite show before she died. Realizing that was a bit far-fetched, she amended her request, saying she just hoped she could watch the third episode.

Her wish came true on Sunday, when she watched the Battle of Winterfell -- accompanied by videos from 10 different cast members talking to her.

The episode aired on Sunday on HBO. Walton died Monday evening."

2 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

I just remembered that D&D got given the reigns to a Star Wars franchise. 

Im so thankful my kids arnt into Star Wars now. Gotten kinda attached to them. Id hate to have to send them back to their 3rd world countries just as theyre learning to mow the lawn.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

GRRM: "It irritates me when I'm watching a movie, and the hero is going through incredible dangers with his 6 buddies, and none of them die."

I don't see any way that GRRM is involved with the show in the last few years. He would never have signed off on last episode.

"Alright George so here we have Brienne, Jaime, Pod and Sam all being mauled simultaneously by undead zombies who have previously shown they can obliterate anyone in seconds. BUT, because they're main characters, we're going to cut away just before they would officially 'die' and then when we come back, they'll be fine! Sound good?"

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"Alright George so here we have Brienne, Jaime, Pod and Sam all being mauled simultaneously by undead zombies who have previously shown they can obliterate anyone in seconds. BUT, because they're main characters, we're going to cut  away just before they would officially 'die' and then when we come back, they'll be fine! Sound good?"

**  about 8 times each

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

To be fair, while I agree this isn't his vision, GRRM isn't signing off on much of anything these days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, while I agree this isn't his vision, GRRM isn't signing off on much of anything these days.

He's done dozen's of projects but most I think have been films now on adaptions of his books. Hollywood since it has pretty much run out of original screenplay ideas from smaller lesser known author's have now shifted towards well known authors and bringing their adaptions to the screen. Most recent has been Stephen King.

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

He's done dozen's of projects but most I think have been films now on adaptions of his books. Hollywood since it has pretty much run out of original screenplay ideas from smaller lesser known author's have now shifted towards well known authors and bringing their adaptions to the screen. Most recent has been Stephen King.

Fair enough, but obviously we care most about ASOIAF books, so...

not+amused.jpg

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

It irritates me when people grip about the way something is done but then they are unwilling to prove that they can do better. The problem isn’t D&D. Th problem is that the books should be finished by now but they aren’t. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

It irritates me when people grip about the way something is done but then they are unwilling to prove that they can do better. The problem isn’t D&D. Th problem is that the books should be finished by now but they aren’t. 

The problem is D&D and Martin.

Martin is unwilling to finish his work and neither are D&D. They wanna write their story on how it ends. Not on how they think Martin might have ended his. The results might be vastly different, but if they were true fans of the book then it might look like something Martin might do. Instead of this Good guys win and without real loss.

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Ill admit. Im the problem. Not them.

On Game of Thrones, characters are free to while away hours, even entire seasons, on the periphery. The story lines move forward and dig deeper as the episodes progress but rarely circle back and almost never pause for reflection. When I asked Benioff and Weiss if it was possible to infer any overall intentionality to the upcoming 10 episodes, they sneered. “Themes are for eighth-grade book reports,” Benioff told me.

Cause when a row boat gets described in one chapter.  How silly of me to think its going to be a row boat later instead of the Lockness Monster simply because no one would see it coming. I should have known. I made it past 8th grade. I went to LSU dag gum it. Thats like 4 extra years of 8th grade education. I should know better than anyone.