Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And I've got no beef with Ceresi having those weapons built.

Those weapons being able to drill a dragon in the neck from further away than the human eye can see, that I take umbrage with.

As I said right after it happened. Those suckers were blasting through 2+ feet of oak when destroying those ships. With no slowdown coming out the back side.

Its just not something Id expect anyone in a place like Hollywood would know about. Theyd more know how to design stuff like the spears. Which they did a wonderful job with. They were pretty.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just calling out the hypocrisy. 

First insult gets a pass because the mod agrees with the general stance. Staple of the internet wherever you go. Hell, I benefit from it on the Packers board.

And I don't dislike the show, but it's a shadow of it's former self in it's current form.

Eh. My b. I'm sure you get invited to all of the parties. I was merely joking.
Now please stop interacting with me. I like to look on the positive side of things.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

As I said right after it happened. Those suckers were blasting through 2+ feet of oak when destroying those ships. With no slowdown coming out the back side.

Its just not something Id expect anyone in a place like Hollywood would know about. Theyd more know how to design stuff like the spears. Which they did a wonderful job with. They were pretty.

Just another example of the constant switching of power levels to keep the show balanced.

And that's fine, but it's also not great television.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Agreed. How can you be ambushed at sea by the same guy twice in like 6 months? Absolutely dumb.

Also really dumb. We've been told all season not to trust Cersei...and then they trusted her. Out of character for Cersei not to kill them.

Absolutely. The recap thing they do after the episode killed me. The writers said Dany "forgot" about the fleet. How in gods name could you forget about a fleet that already got you once!? Not to mention the fact you had a war meeting right before you left and talked about the Greyjoy fleet. 

I'm not going to bang on about it but my God I dont think this show is going to end well.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Agreed. How can you be ambushed at sea by the same guy twice in like 6 months? Absolutely dumb.

Also really dumb. We've been told all season not to trust Cersei...and then they trusted her. Out of character for Cersei not to kill them.

The ONLY reason I can think of is that Cersei will try one last attempt to make Jon go home.

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It stopped being incredible television at the red wedding. This has been Wizards era Jordan.

We're supposed to forgive these sins because production failed to pace their story?

Is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch?

You know what I did when I started hating The Walking Dead?

I quit watching. Shocking I know, but believe it or, it works. You should try it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Absolutely. The recap thing they do after the episode killed me. The writers said Dany "forgot" about the fleet. How in gods name could you forget about a fleet that already got you once!? Not to mention the fact you had a war meeting right before you left and talked about the Greyjoy fleet. 

Everyone forgot? My God...

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They're setting up a Jon kills Dany to save the realm ending.

Which would actually be excellent. Dany kills Ceresi in the penultimate episode, burns the city down in the process. Jon realizes Dany is unhinged and would be a terrible queen. Kills her.

Varys or Tyrion outs him as he's trying to sneak back to the north and ends up being forced into being King of the seven.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They're setting up a Jon kills Dany to save the realm ending.

I hope so. I think that's the kind of bitter sweet ending that would sum up this series well. 

I meant more in terms of how the last two episodes are going to be quality wise. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Everyone forgot? My God...

Seriously. Watch it. Its heartbreaking. The last two weeks worth of those just seems like they just dont even care or think they have to justify what they're writing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I hope so. I think that's the kind of bitter sweet ending that would sum up this series well. 

I meant more in terms of how the last two episodes are going to be quality wise. 

You're worried about quality. I've got 2 words for you: CLEGANE BOWL

• Like 1