Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The dragons can't burn enemies near the wall? By what reasoning?

I don't really disagree much with your preference of strategy. Despite this, it didn't go that way, so I for one don't waste much time dwelling on it.

It seemed like the news of the undead near their doorstep was a big surprise.. that they hardly had much time to prepare? It may also be worth noting that the primary plan was to force the NK out of the background. To do this, the NK had to see many enemy casualties.. to the point where he felt confident in sticking his neck out. This is probably why there were so many outer-wall forces. Maybe the Dothraki got so excited they rushed out with no real order to even, dunno. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I could watch every single main character die horrible deaths, but seeing innocent dragons and direwolves die is one of the hardest things ever. 

Seeing Grey Wind's head on Robb's body during the Red Wedding was the most upsetting scene in the series. Thank god for Arya giving the Frey's what they deserve. 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Seeing Grey Wind's head on Robb's body during the Red Wedding was the most upsetting scene in the series. Thank god for Arya giving the Frey's what they deserve. 

Gonna nominate Lady Talisa's death tbh. Or the scene with Joffrey and Ros. Or when Jamie rapes Cersei on Joffrey's dead body. Or pick a scene with Ramsey.

24 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Jon trips me out anytime I see him standing in front a war table.

Jon: OKay. They have 30k troops or so, the city watch, and have hired the GC.

Dany: What should we do?

Jon: We should surround them. Shut them off from food and the people will turn on them.

Dany: Great! How many men do we have to be doing that?

Jon: 147.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gonna nominate Lady Talisa's death tbh. Or the scene with Joffrey and Ros. Or when Jamie rapes Cersei on Joffrey's dead body. Or pick a scene with Ramsey.

I don't care about the scummy humans. Killing the wolves is pure evil. Most humans deserve it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm not that smart. But Dany in the earlier seasons has shown real wit when it comes to battle plans and she knew when to listen to her advisors. All of a sudden she is rushing into battles and ignoring everyone? They are taking characters that have shown cunning and doing a 180 on their smarts with no reasoning behind it. Dany pre-mereen would never have done this. Hell Dany prior season 8 would never have done this.

When has Dany shown ANY ability to make battle plans?  The only wit she has shown in 7+ seasons was taking the unsullied w/o paying for them.  Dany has shown over and over again (in books and show) that she makes awful strategic decisions and it routinely costs her.  Her pulling Drogon away is the only SMART thing she has done in battle.  Jon had a plan for winterfell, she abandoned it when she saw the dothraki go down.  One thing this show has demonstrated over and over again is Dany's thirst for power is fatal flaw.  It's almost as if the theme of the show is "power corrupts" Huh, I think a character even suggested that in this episode w/ the line "has it ever occurred to you that maybe the right person to rule is the one who doesn't want it"  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And it was clearer in the shot than any battle scene last week.

Starbucks aside I really liked episode 4 compared to the rest of the season. Felt like an older season episode a bit more.

I've enjoyed watching Game of Thrones for the last year when I started to watch everything finally but I'm glad it is ending this season.

Edited by DoleINGout

So... why didn't Cersei just waste Dany, Grey Worm, Tyrion and Drogon with all those scorpions and archers while they were standing outside the wall? Because she is too "honorable" for a cheap shot?

With Drogon on the ground and well within range of the scorpions, that is a free kill. Once Drogon is out of the picture, things are not looking good for the allies (except for Arya).

10 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm not going to complain about seige weapons or how quick people are traveling but that was a rough episode. I liked the first half hour and this show is far and away at it's best when the actors are given a chance to shine. 

Dany not being prepared to fight Cersei's biggest ally at sea and somehow unable to see a fleet while flying is just insane and the whole greyjoy ship ambush move really didnt need to be played out again. 

Dany going to the gates of Kings Landing and then not getting killed by the least honorable person in Westeros is baffling. Why on earth would Cersei not kill Tyrion and Dany?

The only reason she wouldn't have killed Tyrion is cause she thought Qyburn would get killed...which still makes no sense cause they offed Missandei.  I can almost get her not shooting at Dany then, but no reason she wouldn't have Tyrion filled with arrows.

10 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Dany just found out (or at least has time to think about) that the thing she has been claiming and fighting for over the entirety of the show isn't actually hers.  If word gets out (thanks Sansa) her legitimacy will be questioned and her entire purpose could be ruined.  I don't think it's ridiculous to believe she isn't thinking straight. 

Ok...but has she ever thought straight?

10 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Absolutely. The recap thing they do after the episode killed me. The writers said Dany "forgot" about the fleet. How in gods name could you forget about a fleet that already got you once!? Not to mention the fact you had a war meeting right before you left and talked about the Greyjoy fleet. 

I'm not going to bang on about it but my God I dont think this show is going to end well.

That is horrible.  I don't understand how they wouldn't have seen the fleet.

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Even after not seeing them from the air, instead of flying right at them

why not... oh... flank them?  She could’ve circled and destroyed all of them from the rear.  They’re freaking boats!  They’re going in one direction.  A few passes and they’re all burned to the bottom of the sea.  

Adding to this...why not just have the dragon dive-bomb the giant crossbows at night?  Wait for night, swoop down, burn them in a line, fly away.

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Wasn’t she supposed to wait and do that?  She got ambushed, retreated home, set sail again for King’s Landing and all before Jon and the army gets there.  

And how did anybody know they captured Missande?  How do you not assume she died in the attack or drowned?  But they immediately know she’s a hostage.  Did Cersei send a raven saying hey we’ve got your computer hacker from F&F?

No clue.  

Also, Euron is an idiot.  How in the world would Tyrion know Cersei was pregnant?  Tyrion's speech should have made it very obvious to Euron that the kid wasn't his.  Otherwise, there's no way Tyrion could have known about it.