Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

In season 2, they had to negotiate with people in the riverlands and everything. Now, there's no one holding any of these castles on the way down. So it's a stright march. ALSO, Daenarys took her half of the army to white harbor and ferried them down with ships.

Point still remains though - it was a matter of one scene and they were there. It's a huge depature from earlier season logistics.

It's picky, and it's only an opinion - but the inconsistencies bother me.

6 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Who shoveled the dirt, the extras?  For 40 takes sounds like they got screwed for 50 dollars a day.

Took so many cause there was a kid in the scene. It was the funeral scene where the main characters father died in like the 2nd to last episode. The fellow that played Jack Sparrows first mate.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yep. The director of the episode said what they've always said, the CGI is too expensive. Then he followed it up by saying the goodbye was more powerful the way they filmed it anyways...

I mean are they really that expensive? I don't know anything about CGI, but my goodness that just seems like such a copout every year.

CGI is cheaper than you think. They filmed all 5 Sharknado movies for over 3 million less than 1 episode of GOT. 1 episode. And that included paying everyone 5 times.

Every day. Small po-dunk news station around the globe have been using green screen to do weather for 30 years. You can do it at home now just downloading an app. Austin Powers gave himself a hug as Dr Evil in 1999. Its 20 years later, cheaper and more advanced now. Cost 1 intern an hour of work to piece it together.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yep. The director of the episode said what they've always said, the CGI is too expensive. Then he followed it up by saying the goodbye was more powerful the way they filmed it anyways...

I mean are they really that expensive? I don't know anything about CGI, but my goodness that just seems like such a copout every year.

I feel like the ghost scene was meant to piss off ghost superfans and dog lovers xD. I can see no other reason why they'd end it that way 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I feel the Clegane Bowl is the only solid thing left.

Watch it be 5 minutes...

A 5 minute battle between the Clegane's would be pretty legit, actually. I would hope there'd be some sort of buildup to immediately precede that instead of Sandor just showing up and fighting him (for example: The Mountain captures Arya or something like that).

3 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Jon doesn't want to be King of the 7 Kingdoms and goes back North to be just be the King of the North.

Tormund is King of the land beyond what was once the wall.

Remember Tormund and Jons talks? Foreshadowing? Im rolling with Jon stands a better chance of becoming King Beyond The Wall than he does in the 7 Kingdoms. We have not seen the end of Tormund or Ghost.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Remember Tormund and Jons talks? Foreshadowing? Im rolling with Jon stands a better chance of becoming King Beyond The Wall than he does in the 7 Kingdoms. We have not seen the end of Tormund or Ghost.

spoiler: we have.

Why do I say that? Because the writing and pace of this season is so rushed that it makes perfect sense to write off Tormund and Ghost in like 30 seconds.

51 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A 5 minute battle between the Clegane's would be pretty legit, actually. I would hope there'd be some sort of buildup to immediately precede that instead of Sandor just showing up and fighting him (for example: The Mountain captures Arya or something like that).

Then Jon runs in Monty Python style, cuts Gregors head off then runs off leaving the Hound screaming at him taking his kill. It's going to happen. 

47 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If the 7 Kingdoms begs Jon saying they need him to keep order and peace between the houses then he wont refuse. 

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Then Jon runs in Monty Python style, cuts Gregors head off then runs off leaving the Hound screaming at him taking his kill. It's going to happen. 

D&D, afterwards: "We felt that Jon not getting the kill on the Night King really didn't sit well with us, so we decided it was right to have him kill Ser Gregor instead".

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why do I say that? Because the writing and pace of this season is so rushed that it makes perfect sense to write off Tormund and Ghost in like 30 seconds.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If the 7 Kingdoms begs Jon saying they need him to keep order and peace between the houses then he wont refuse. 

Im just saying I give it better odds of happening. Tormund with, "Ill follow him anywhere." Then sets to leave a few hours later. Telling Jon, "You belong to the north, the real north." "This is the end?: Whos to say?"  Were going to wait out the winter storms and head for Castle Black. Few other points happened like that. I just can see him meeting them at Castle Black and going through the gates north more than I can see him being KOTN and stepping on Sansa the rest of his life or being stuck in KL the next 50years ruling.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That or Tormund is the Warden of the Land beyond the Wall and it's now another kingdom.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The writing has been rushed for like 3 - 4 seasons now. Such a mediocre last season to end a great series on. Its a shame the writers are so bad.