Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Pretty much every villain on this show had a phenomenal actor. 

Pretty much everyone on this show did an excellent job. Maise Williams in Season 2 hung with Charles Dance at like 13 years old, and the Arya-Tywin scenes were some of the best that year. (Was also a really good change from Roose Bolton in the books.)

Alfie Allen as Theon, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion, Pedro Pascal as Oberyn, Iwan Rheon as Ramsey were some of my personal favorites (or "favorite" with Ramsey - I have never hated a character that much since the ammo guy in Saving Private Ryan), but top to bottom the casting and acting were excellent.

And they were event excellent in Season 8 when the writing hasn't been as good. John Bradley crushed that scene as Samwell Tarley when Dany told him she murdered his father and brother.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Real acting is on Broadway is among the most hilariously bad i-am-very-smart takes I've seen on this website. You're not fooling anyone, and the only thing you're actually accomplishing is ruining what is a really good television show for yourself.

Well there is a big difference between the two. On Broadway you have one shot to get the scene right, you dont have that con on a show or movie. A great movie or TV show should give more credit to the director then the actors themselves. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Did you just forget about Theon? At worst, Alfie Allen is equal to Peter Dinklage in terms of acting quality on the show. 

He did a good job on that show. But it's hard to ignore his acting job on something like John Wick where you can still hear his English accent as a Russian Mobster son growing up in America. 

52 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well there is a big difference between the two. On Broadway you have one shot to get the scene right, you dont have that con on a show or movie. A great movie or TV show should give more credit to the director then the actors themselves. 

I take it you haven't been involved in many/any productions?

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Real acting is on Broadway is among the most hilariously bad i-am-very-smart takes I've seen on this website. You're not fooling anyone, and the only thing you're actually accomplishing is ruining what is a really good television show for yourself.

Youve provided the most moronic takes of something Ive ever seen provided.

Look at a kid like Sansa was the first few seasons. Look at her now as a statue in the program. Her presence and delivery isnt half of what it was as a kid. Did she get worse over the past 10 years? No. Its the Directors direction with the character and the edits that he chose thats making her look lesser than her ability this season.

If we sat in the editing room with the footage selecting ourselves. We could probably pick clips from the several takes they shot of each scene that would make a character like Euron less annoying.

Its like 40% acting, 60% the directors view and direction of said character.

As great as Joffery was portrayed by that Gleason kid. He retired from TV and Movie acting he said to, "Do real acting." Being on stage bringing a character to life, instead of having someone weeding through his work picking and choosing what flys and what doesnt. Putting how he looks in someone elses hands.

Thats all Im getting at.  Its no "i-am-very-smart" about it. Youre totally neglecting the impact and control of a director and producer over an actors work displayed on screen. When its a major factor.  Can the Pats win Super Bowls without Bill and the Krafts? Can the Redskins win a Super Bowl with Dan Snyder controlling? You seem to think they can.

46 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I take it you haven't been involved in many/any productions?

Actually I have. I have been part of quite a few shorts when I was younger with my brothers friend. And I actually got to go to the set of Saw 4 because my brothers friend, friend Darren Bousman or w/e you spell his name invited us out for the day. 

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

Watching some cast interviews and it seems even they weren't happy with how their arcs were resolved. 

To be fair whenever a character gets killed off while a show is still going strong,  it’s rare that an actor / actress is positive about the end.    They usually talk about missed opps or wishes to have explored the character further etc.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair whenever a character gets killed off while a show is still going strong,  it’s rare that an actor / actress is positive about the end.    They usually talk about missed opps or wishes to have explored the character further etc.  

Yea but it's the 2nd to last episode. Usually they are at least reasonable that their time with the show has to end. 

And with the way its shaping up I dont think the audiance is gonna be too pleased either. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but it's the 2nd to last episode. Usually they are at least reasonable that their time with the show has to end. 

And with the way its shaping up I dont think the audiance is gonna be too pleased either. 

I can’t think of any ending that will save the show which is bad. 

• Like 1