Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Where were the archers?  I realize their arrows couldn’t do anywhere near the damage that the scorpions could do but we should’ve seen dozens of arrows in Drogon’s hide.  At least from one of the groups on the wall before they were decimated.  

They should have been up on the walls alongside the scorpions.  Then again, basic battle strategy has been lacking this season.  

I was addressing the general point of why you would have infantry outside the walls at all.  You don't want to give an opposing army immediate access to the walls.  Which is why you do things like have an infantry outside the walls, dig trenches, and build blockades.  All tactics to slow down the enemy so you can shoot more of them.  Similar tactics were used in WWI and WWII for machine gunners.

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah I agree.  I don’t see any scenario where they would do that. I was just replying to the suggestion.  Drogon needs to be put down. Dragon burgers for everyone in Winterfell!

Noooooooo!
Drogon needs to live....be let to roam free. It's not his fault his Master was compelling to fry thousands of innocent people!
Think of him (I presume its a he......) as the Medieval  version of a Great White Shark....a really BIG....and flying....and fire breathing Great White Shark :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Bran wakes up the events of the show were all a coma fantasy 

Thats just silly. Its going to be about how Ser Longbeard started out a peasant forced into Stannis army.. And his rise to becoming the most renowned soldier the North and Westeros has ever seen.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Noooooooo!
Drogon needs to live....be let to roam free. It's not his fault his Master was compelling to fry thousands of innocent people!
Think of him (I presume its a he......) as the Medieval  version of a Great White Shark....a really BIG....and flying....and fire breathing Great White Shark :) 

Yea and what happened when Jaws gets let loose in beach waters? Dragons are dangerous no matter where they are.

I agree Drogon needs to live. Lay some eggs and restart the dragon race.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

They should have been up on the walls alongside the scorpions.  Then again, basic battle strategy has been lacking this season.  

Maybe they would have stayed up on the walls, had the Iron Fleet done what was expected of them?

Putting them on the walls would have been just sending more to slaughter, since Drogon was still viable and kicking arse. The scorpions were too slow to adjust, and Drogon/Dany were taking advantage of all the angles this time. 

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

It’ll be interesting to see the finale.  If you’re Jon, you just return to Winterfell right?  You don’t even go and see Dany until it’s time to throw down.  How are the north going to fight Drogon?   They don’t have any scorpions.  Gotta be Brann.  He can have Drogon eat her since fire won’t affect her. LoL

They might throw in a twist where Drogon won't obey Dany and attack Jon or something. Or maybe he turns on Dany.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

So Bran was controlling that white horse, right?

If so, awesome, he is useful. If not, WTF?

Thats what I figured happened. Theres nothing more Bran like than, "Let me find a tall horse with no saddle for my 4 foot tall sister to try and ninja her way up on to."

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

So Bran was controlling that white horse, right?

If so, awesome, he is useful. If not, WTF?

He's not. The most powerful character in the series now, couldn't save Jon's dragon. And I'm still trying to figure out why he decided to spare Jaime? Like what was the point. Jaime did not do anything significant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

But how does that have anything to do with you saying Jamie was supposed to kill Cersei?

You've yet to answer that. Nothing in the show ever suggested that Jamie would kill Cersei or ever even considered it.

I said that other people expected "The prophecy", and that's why they're upset. I did not say I thought it had to happen.