Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

One argument I could see for legitimacy still standing at this point is that Robert's original claim was due to his connection to Targ ancestry. It wasn't so much a new family ruling as it was an extended link to the ruling family that was "lost" in the battling.

Also, to the person that said that Cersei has the strongest claim. Cersei never produced a child with Robert (that we know of at least). There could be a claim that since there is no proof of the consummation of their marriage. I don't remember if she says that they never had intercourse, but she does mention that they definitely didn't after a certain point at least. This could mean that the marriage wouldn't actually hold up and her claim would be non-existent.

Yeah that is a valid point, I keep forgetting that for some reason. I feel like it is kinda odd they used that as justification, you would have thought the crazy guy who was burning people alive left and right would have been enough justification for people. 

The pacing in this episode was pretty jarring at times. I know they have limited time, but seeing them fast travel between all the different locations is weird. 

Anyone have an idea about what LF is up to? If he's just causing a rift between Sansa and Arya, that seems pretty small time for him. 

2 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

The pacing in this episode was pretty jarring at times. I know they have limited time, but seeing them fast travel between all the different locations is weird. 

Anyone have an idea about what LF is up to? If he's just causing a rift between Sansa and Arya, that seems pretty small time for him. 

I'd assume he see's Arya as a threat to him and he's working to be the most influential voice in Sansa's ear.  His end game is the same as he told Sansa already.  Him on the Iron Throne, and her by his side.

Edited by THE DUKE

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I've read some of the other material but not that, I will definitely have to check that out. Bobby B was such a baller. 

It's this whole angle that makes me hope one of the proposed spin offs is Robert's Rebellion. There is so much there to chew on in terms of story, and you have a central character who is so appealing in Rhygar Targaryen - would be awesome to see him portrayed in a show...

12 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

One argument I could see for legitimacy still standing at this point is that Robert's original claim was due to his connection to Targ ancestry. It wasn't so much a new family ruling as it was an extended link to the ruling family that was "lost" in the battling.

Also, to the person that said that Cersei has the strongest claim. Cersei never produced a child with Robert (that we know of at least). There could be a claim that since there is no proof of the consummation of their marriage. I don't remember if she says that they never had intercourse, but she does mention that they definitely didn't after a certain point at least. This could mean that the marriage wouldn't actually hold up and her claim would be non-existent.

She did. She references him pretty early on even in the show I'm pretty sure - their "black haired beauty" who was stillborn. Given the emphasis the show placed on the hair color of Baratheon / Lannister unions and Robert's bastards, it can be assumed that because they made it a point to say the child had black hair that it was Roberts. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's this whole angle that makes me hope one of the proposed spin offs is Robert's Rebellion. There is so much there to chew on in terms of story, and you have a central character who is so appealing in Rhygar Targaryen - would be awesome to see him portrayed in a show...

None of the spinoffs deal with Robert's Rebellion. GRRM has said that by the time the main story ends, we will know everything there is to know about the Rebellion, and thus there was no need for a main story to cover this.

Just now, Forge said:

None of the spinoffs deal with Robert's Rebellion. GRRM has said that by the time the main story ends, we will know everything there is to know about the Rebellion, and thus there was no need for a main story to cover this.

People don't want a Robert Rebellion series to learn new information, they just want to watch the spectacle happen. 

12 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah that is a valid point, I keep forgetting that for some reason. I feel like it is kinda odd they used that as justification, you would have thought the crazy guy who was burning people alive left and right would have been enough justification for people. 

It was a combination of a few things I think, but Robert having some Targaryen relation was thought to make it an easier transition for the people that were still loyal to the Targaryens IIRC.