Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

58 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

As look warm as the reception on these boards has been on the hype, Captain Marvel's pre-sales are the third highest in MCU history behind only Black Panther and Infinity War. 

We already got our tickets for Saturday morning opening weekend

On 1/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, devils1854 said:

Ive seen every Marvel movie in theaters but this looks like a turd sandwich.

And by that you mean "better than every DC movie released recently".

And really?  You've seen them all in theater?  Even Hulk?

I was thinking on my biggest reservation of this movie (that its just a set up for the deus ex Marvel appearance in Endgame) and there is one outcome that still leads to that, which I would still be OK with. And that would be the introduction of SWORD. 

Because if its just Captain Marvel showing up to take down Thanos, its really anticlimactic. BUT, if the distress call is not just to her, but to the entire SWORD agency to come and save them, that is a much more believable and satisfying. That Fury has been a special attachment to them, and was only going to call for a global situation that couldnt be handled by the Avengers, which then opens up Phase 4 top the Cosmic side, without having to commit to the Fantastic 4 just yet.

If we could get references to BetaRay Bill, Nova and others along side Captain Marvel to sake out Thanos, that would be the reveal to reinvigorate me to another full phase. (the Guardians could even be folded in as their tactical extraction team, all they are really good at is stealing stuff)

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I was thinking on my biggest reservation of this movie (that its just a set up for the deus ex Marvel appearance in Endgame) and there is one outcome that still leads to that, which I would still be OK with. And that would be the introduction of SWORD. 

Because if its just Captain Marvel showing up to take down Thanos, its really anticlimactic. BUT, if the distress call is not just to her, but to the entire SWORD agency to come and save them, that is a much more believable and satisfying. That Fury has been a special attachment to them, and was only going to call for a global situation that couldnt be handled by the Avengers, which then opens up Phase 4 top the Cosmic side, without having to commit to the Fantastic 4 just yet.

If we could get references to BetaRay Bill, Nova and others along side Captain Marvel to sake out Thanos, that would be the reveal to reinvigorate me to another full phase. (the Guardians could even be folded in as their tactical extraction team, all they are really good at is stealing stuff)

My only hope and I really doubt Marvel does it, is have Captain Marvel in and just kick butt, it really cheapens the build up of the MCU up to this point IMO.  Have her come in and be a part of defeating Thanos? Great, but this has to be about the original Avengers finding a way to win

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Prepare for a quantum win by the Avengers.  It's happening.  

Ant-man is going to show up with a fluctuating quantum wavefront generator and kick Thanos' a-

UnequaledSkinnyCoot-small.gif

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I really doubt they use SWORD. The entity lasted less than 5 years and its ongoing only made 5 issues before being cancelled for WOEFUL sales. It was vastly unpopular as a book and as a plot device. If they were going to introduce a cosmic SHIELD, it would be Alpha Flight IMO. The organization has existed since 79 and the current iteration is an orbiting space unit tasked with protecting Earth from cosmic threats helmed by Captain Marvel.  

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I really doubt they use SWORD. The entity lasted less than 5 years and its ongoing only made 5 issues before being cancelled for WOEFUL sales. It was vastly unpopular as a book and as a plot device. If they were going to introduce a cosmic SHIELD, it would be Alpha Flight IMO. The organization has existed since 79 and the current iteration is an orbiting space unit tasked with protecting Earth from cosmic threats helmed by Captain Marvel.  

Call it whichever team name you want to (Id bet they go with SWORD because of its similarity to SHIELD and the average moviegoer would pick that up much faster) but I think it would be something that wouldnt be based on Earth at all, which makes AF's Canadian roots a tougher break.

But a new team of Captain Marvel, Nova and Beta Ray Bill showing up would be awesome. Possibly adding Doctor Strange and tangentially the Guardians, along with the interplay of Nick Fury and Abigail Brand would be alot of fun to see going forward.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Of all things that could hold up BRB... that wouldn’t be it. 

If Marvel is still as good as they have been, then it should be easy to write Stormbreaker into Bills hands

How do you think audiences would react to a Moose-Thor?

10 hours ago, dtait93 said:
10 hours ago, D82 said:

He's not a Moose though, is he?

The more I look at him maybe not, but that's always what I thought of when I saw him as a kid

I was just reading this on wikipedia (From the creator):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Ray_Bill

So I basically started with a skull, and then I made him a bit like a horse, with the gap behind the teeth. But horses are beautiful creatures. So what I was aiming for is a sense of death, a sense of monster, underlined by beauty. 

Archived