Le'Veon Bell

famousj

On 11/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, Bobby816 said:

Interested to know who you’re talking about besides Cousins last year?

Below were guys who were considered "top 5 FAs" at the time of their FA... not necessarily saying they were successful, but that was the consensus at the time... 

• 2015: Darrelle Revis (top 5 ranked FA; signed);
  • 2015: Devin McCourty (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/NE finalist - re-signed with NE) 
  • 2016: Olivier Vernon (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/JAX/NYG finalists - signed with NYG)
  • 2016: Kelechi Osemele (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/MIN/OAK finalists - signed with OAK)
  • 2017: Dont'a Hightower (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/NE finalists - re-signed with NE) 
  • 2018: Kirk Cousins (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/MIN finalists - signed with MIN) 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Below were guys who were considered "top 5 FAs" at the time of their FA... not necessarily saying they were successful, but that was the consensus at the time... 

• 2015: Darrelle Revis (top 5 ranked FA; signed);
  • 2015: Devin McCourty (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/NE finalist - re-signed with NE) 
  • 2016: Olivier Vernon (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/JAX/NYG finalists - signed with NYG)
  • 2016: Kelechi Osemele (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/MIN/OAK finalists - signed with OAK)
  • 2017: Dont'a Hightower (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/NE finalists - re-signed with NE) 
  • 2018: Kirk Cousins (top 5 ranked FA; NYJ/MIN finalists - signed with MIN) 

Thank you for helping me out. Some of these weren’t Maccs fault. He made a higher offer and the player chose elsewhere. I especially give him this as a pass in his early years. Fact is we would’ve never stood a chance at bringing back Revis (which I hated bringing him back) if he wasn’t drafted by us and had a good career here. But after several offseasons and drafts to not still have a roster that attracts FAs in a NY market is on him.

12 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I wouldn't want to live in either place, that why I live in Orlando Fl, no state income tax no city tax, low real estate taxes, and it doesn't cost $ 15 dollars to cross a bridge.  And by the way right now the temperature  is 77 deg.

Well of course it’s cold it’s winter. 😀

And lets be clear there’s a huge difference for a multi million dollar athlete living in NY with all the oppertunites/nightlife/fashion/TV etc than a retiree like yourself. I get why you would want to live in Florida!! Can’t imagine $15 to cross the bridge will make a difference to someone with $40-50m in guarantees aswel but who knows. 

I said from the beginning that the only way we get Bell is money. If he wants to win and take less money (still getting paid) we cant help that. Where I think we stand that chance is that we know we need offense (I hope) and we will outbid anyone for him (like Cousins last year). I don't think a team like Indy will pay whatever it takes to get him. The biggest thing holding us back in chances of getting him is our roster. We have nothing to sell him besides $$$. And that's on our GM.

With all the money to spend and finally a potential QB of the future (potential till otherwise proven) I still have zero confidence we can even build an 8 win team. This is not a good FA even if we miraculously land bell. The draft is the most defense heavy it’s been in years as well. This team isn’t a quick fix and won’t be next year. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I said from the beginning that the only way we get Bell is money. If he wants to win and take less money (still getting paid) we cant help that. Where I think we stand that chance is that we know we need offense (I hope) and we will outbid anyone for him (like Cousins last year). I don't think a team like Indy will pay whatever it takes to get him. The biggest thing holding us back in chances of getting him is our roster. We have nothing to sell him besides $$$. And that's on our GM.

According to otc the Colts have over 20 million more 

10 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

According to otc the Colts have over 20 million more 

That's not my point. My point is that they might not want to spend their money on Bell. Like I said yesterday... scoring isn't their problem. They're 4th in the NFL right now in scoring without Bell. Sure they might say... well we can be best in the league is we add him. But I think they invest their cap space in defense and a couple of WRs. Just a guess though.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hence the word "can"

I get what you are saying, but I really do think Bell offers more marginal value to the Colts than other positions do, especially considering what will be out there in FA. He's as good as a receiving weapon as a stud receiver, and there's no reason Colts can' t add him and one of the other FA receivers (like Golden Tate or Funchess who'd be lucky getting $15M for their talents). Only other positions I see them attacking is the CB position.

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Well of course it’s cold it’s winter. 😀

And lets be clear there’s a huge difference for a multi million dollar athlete living in NY with all the oppertunites/nightlife/fashion/TV etc than a retiree like yourself. I get why you would want to live in Florida!! Can’t imagine $15 to cross the bridge will make a difference to someone with $40-50m in guarantees aswel but who knows. 

Yes years ago it was a big deal to play in Chicago, LA, & NY. But with the TV exposure now it does not matter where you play. Look at Rodgers playing in Green Bay a town of 105351 people, he is in the national spotlight all the time.

When you look at Frank Reich, Le'veon Bell is a good idea. When you look at Chris Ballard, Bell isn't a good idea.

As for Reich, whatever talents are on the table, he uses all.  Ballard wants to rebuild units or fix problems with drafts.  Colts have few problems to address, mostly on defense, so I don't see Colts can shell $$$ out on Bell to push Mack and Hines down when he knows Reich will frequent Bell more than Mack and Hines.

Jets back to being top on the short list.

58 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

When you look at Frank Reich, Le'veon Bell is a good idea. When you look at Chris Ballard, Bell isn't a good idea.

As for Reich, whatever talents are on the table, he uses all.  Ballard wants to rebuild units or fix problems with drafts.  Colts have few problems to address, mostly on defense, so I don't see Colts can shell $$$ out on Bell to push Mack and Hines down when he knows Reich will frequent Bell more than Mack and Hines.

Jets back to being top on the short list.

Exactly they just invested 2 decent picks on 2 talented backs and they don't have to pay either big money. Like I stated scoring isn't their issue. So needing Bell is far and away not a need for them its a luxury. But they want to be better rather then making luxury signings I'd imagine. I see them going hard after defense and 2 WRs to spend their money rather then spend a huge chunk on Bell as a luxury.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly they just invested 2 decent picks on 2 talented backs and they don't have to pay either big money. Like I stated scoring isn't their issue. So needing Bell is far and away not a need for them its a luxury. But they want to be better rather then making luxury signings I'd imagine. I see them going hard after defense and 2 WRs to spend their money rather then spend a huge chunk on Bell as a luxury.

Eh, 4th rounders. Trade one of them, sign Bell, sign a receiver, and a WR and still have ~65M to play with. This draft is deep in defensive talent too, so no need to splurge when they already have great talent at LB and have a solid base to add onto in their DB core and DLine.

28 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Eh, 4th rounders. Trade one of them, sign Bell, sign a receiver, and a WR and still have ~65M to play with. This draft is deep in defensive talent too, so no need to splurge when they already have great talent at LB and have a solid base to add onto in their DB core and DLine.

Yeah exactly  I doubt any of their RB's are going to stop them from looking into Bell especially with that much cap room.  They are bottom half of the league in rushing and middle of the pack in YPA.  They could use another weapon to compete with the Chiefs and Rams.  Like you said this draft is loaded on defense especially round 1.

They could sign Bell and Tate to 17 and 15M respectively and still be in the top 5 in cap space.  INDY is primed for a long run if they draft well over the next few seasons.

Archived