NFL Kickoff GDT: Falcons @ Eagles

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Eagles
    • Falcons

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Yeah.. I mean it’s not about lighting bad teams up. You don’t see them in the playoffs.. His arm strength is really super concerning. There were some real bad passes that you don’t expect from a player his “caliber”. 

And it's not like it's just us seeing it.  Geoff Schwartz pointed this out earlier and that's a guy who has spent plenty time around QB's:

4 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Falcons are a fair weather (dome) team. and tell me again how it was not Shanahan who made Ryan look like a MVP and build a fucntional offense.

Really curious to see if Jimmy G lives up to the hype this season. I don't think they have enough weapons tbh.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is what stunned me and what I would be concerned about moving forward. I know that he was bad on deep throws last year, but that can be a little variable given somewhat limited sample sizes on any given season, but his arm just looked bad tonight. Maybe it was a one off and he'll get back, but that was pretty alarming tonight. 

It's kinda hard to put your all into a throw when your offensive line is consistently being backed up into you within 2 seconds of snapping the ball. 

Just now, Forge said:

He'll bounce back, that's what good quarterbacks do. He'll definitely have some good games down the line and be more Matt Ryan like on the whole. 

That being said, he kind of deserves the hate for tonights performance. It was an absolute egg. Unfortunately, this will probably color a number of posters' opinion of him because it was a primetime game and may be one of the few times that they actually watch him. He's better than this, obviously, but tonight he just looked bad (I said something similar about Jameis last year in a primetime game - he just looked awful, even though I know he's not really that bad) 

Don't get me wrong, he deserves it. No doubt. I have been questioning his arm since last season but I gave him the BOTD in thinking that it was simply just a down year coming off a SB hangover. But what I saw tonight is getting closer to further confirming this.

Be clear, I was very critical of him tonight. Just liek most are. BUT I'm not going to write him off altogether either after one game against a top defense and then jump back on him again when/if he gets hot either. Which was my point.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

And it's not like it's just us seeing it.  Geoff Schwartz pointed this out earlier and that's a guy who has spent plenty time around QB's:

He was falling down a lot when he was about to get hit, Manning style. Might also be his back or neck.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Really curious to see if Jimmy G lives up to the hype this season. I don't think they have enough weapons tbh.

I think they have adequate weapons - would have felt a lot better if they still had McKinnon healthy, but I don't feel like they have the OL.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I think they have adequate weapons - would have felt a lot better if they still had McKinnon healthy, but I don't feel like they have the OL.

If I'm being real, when your best RB is McKinnon, and your best WR is Marquise Goodwin, I'm not particularly worried.

Just now, jrry32 said:

He was falling down a lot when he was about to get hit, Manning style. Might also be his back or neck.

It sounds weird to say, but the best case scenario for the Falcons might be that he tweaked his knee a little on that series where Long tackled him for the roughing-that-wasn't (because he got hit in the hamstring and then his knee bent going to the ground), they had to cut off Ryan's knee brace, and then Ryan got tackled without the brace.

Archived