NFL Kickoff GDT: Falcons @ Eagles

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Eagles
    • Falcons

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

All of this hate for Ryan right now when facing a top defense will be forgotten about if he lights it up next week and all of you will pretend like you never said it.

FYI: this is why I love GDT's. 

He'll bounce back, that's what good quarterbacks do. He'll definitely have some good games down the line and be more Matt Ryan like on the whole. 

That being said, he kind of deserves the hate for tonights performance. It was an absolute egg. Unfortunately, this will probably color a number of posters' opinion of him because it was a primetime game and may be one of the few times that they actually watch him. He's better than this, obviously, but tonight he just looked bad (I said something similar about Jameis last year in a primetime game - he just looked awful, even though I know he's not really that bad) 

11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Matt Ryan without Julio Jones is essentially Nick Foles without receiving ability. 

Julio Jones accounted for 67% of the Falcons receiving yards, 52% of their total offense, and 49% of all targets by Matt Ryan. 

If you can take away Julio, they don't really scare me offensively. They have a lot of decent pieces, but nothing else at the time that can outright carry.

Looks like Rotoworld had fun:

Nick Foles unwatchable, Eagles win anyways

Agholor catches eight passes ... for 33 yards

Ryan also fumbled and absorbed four sacks. It felt like many more, especially on third down. His interception was a wild underthrow to Julio Jones. Ryan did find Jones 10 times for 169 yards but beyond that was inexcusably bad. He missed what should have been a 68-yard touchdown to Jones early in the third quarter. Ryan seemed to be operating more than a few ticks slow, and his deep balls routinely fell short. As was his Achilles' heel last season, Ryan was truly awful in the red zone. The Falcons had three separate drives end inside the Eagles' 15-yard line without points. The Falcons could have won the game in the dying seconds, but Ryan kept throwing uncatchable balls into the end zone. He seemed more interested in avoiding another pick than actually making a play. It was simply a brutal night. Things won't get much easier when the Falcons host the Panthers in Week 2.

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I mean yes. You could go on a 10 year drought and it wouldn’t matter. I’m just waiting my turn. Hopefully it’s the year of the Goat and not Tom Brady.

I wouldn't hate it. So long as it's not Brady, and not the Cowb- oh who am I kidding, Cowboys ain't sniffing the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Remind me. Which team ended the Rams' season? Gosh.....I just can't seem to remember........

Lets talk about how the Rams special teams gifted the Falcons two turnovers and then when Brockers got hurt the Falcons started to run the ball better. Not to mention Gurley was carving up the Falcons to the tune of 8ypc but for some reason McVay only decided to run him 14x. It wasnt all like the Falcons beat a gamed Rams. The Rams played a big part in the Falcons winning but that happens with a young team with a young coach making their first playoff appearance. It happened to Mike Smith, Ryan, and the Falcons all making their first appearance in the playoffs and losing to the Cardinals. It happens but you learn and grow from it and I expect that to happen to the Rams. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He'll bounce back, that's what good quarterbacks do. He'll definitely have some good games down the line and be more Matt Ryan like on the whole. 

That being said, he kind of deserves the hate for tonights performance. It was an absolute egg. Unfortunately, this will probably color a number of posters' opinion of him because it was a primetime game and may be one of the few times that they actually watch him. He's better than this, obviously, but tonight he just looked bad (I said something similar about Jameis last year in a primetime game - he just looked awful, even though I know he's not really that bad) 

Yeah.. I mean it’s not about lighting bad teams up. You don’t see them in the playoffs.. His arm strength is really super concerning. There were some real bad passes that you don’t expect from a player his “caliber”. 

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I have an idea of what will make the Falcons even more entertaining (at least for me...): They can fire Sarkisian and replace him with this guy...

r34663_576x324_16-9.jpg

Their HC even has ties to him!

Is that Michael Cera in 40 years?

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

His arm strength is really super concerning

This is what stunned me and what I would be concerned about moving forward. I know that he was bad on deep throws last year, but that can be a little variable given somewhat limited sample sizes on any given season, but his arm just looked bad tonight. Maybe it was a one off and he'll get back, but that was pretty alarming tonight. 

Archived