NFL Kickoff GDT: Falcons @ Eagles

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Eagles
    • Falcons

Kind of an ugly game but that's what you would expect in Week 1.  It takes a few weeks for offenses to gel.  Atlanta had to go on the road, outdoors, against the Super Bowl champions.  Matt Ryan and company will get things on track as the season progresses.  This was bound to be one of their toughest games of the year.

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I was so hyped that football was back but I went to bed half way through the 2nd quarter due to boredom.

To be fair, the last two minutes were great. Just gotta sort out the other 58 and we'd have been on to something.

43 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

To be fair, the last two minutes were great. Just gotta sort out the other 58 and we'd have been on to something.

i think the whole game was great 

but half of that which made it great are the awesome and fun people on this forum in the gdt

I'm gonna reserve judgement on the Falcons for now. That gameplan was still really poor by Atlanta, but all things considered, they were 2 drops from winning this game. The Eagles with Wentz are probably the better team, and if Atlanta keeps failing to execute, they'll be in big trouble. But it's week one.

19 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

My buddy texted me "Matt Ryan looked like he was tossing rolls of toilet paper."

What happened to his arm?

His arm looked shot in 2015 too.  It was why his success in 2016 surprised me (not because I think he's a bad QB - he's obv good - but I thought he was breaking down), but then he fell back down to earth last year (albeit not all his fault).

I wonder if its just age getting to him.  I don't get why the Falcons don't just run the ball more - they have Freeman and Coleman.

Archived