Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

I just wanted to note that the Rams stayed in base personnel on defense against our 11 personnel, and we continued to try to run the ball despite having a numbers disadvantage as opposed to throwing the ball in 3 receiver sets against a team that wasn't even gonna bother to play nickel.

I don't know if that's the coaches just being completely beyond inept, them not trusting Dak, Dak not deserving their trust, some combination thereof. But the infrastructure that allowed that to happen cannot remain intact.

49 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I just wanted to note that the Rams stayed in base personnel on defense against our 11 personnel, and we continued to try to run the ball despite having a numbers disadvantage as opposed to throwing the ball in 3 receiver sets against a team that wasn't even gonna bother to play nickel.

I don't know if that's the coaches just being completely beyond inept, them not trusting Dak, Dak not deserving their trust, some combination thereof. But the infrastructure that allowed that to happen cannot remain intact.

I tend to agree here  this  My main problem was by mid way 2nd qtr it should of been clear the game was going to be a shoot out and while I understand the thought how to slow them down have long drives it was obvious as well Rams were not gonna allow is to run it dink and  dunk it down the field   So other option that worked well for a TD before pass the ball down field 

Alright one more excuse is gone!

Last offseason:

Dak sucks because of Dez or Linehan. Fire Dez

1 year later:

Dak sucks because of Linehan. Fire Linehan.

Dak really needs to step it up this year. Nothing out of this world but hitting 30 TDs would be cool.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Alright one more excuse is gone!

Last offseason:

Dak sucks because of Dez or Linehan. Fire Dez

1 year later:

Dak sucks because of Linehan. Fire Linehan.

Dak really needs to step it up this year. Nothing out of this world but hitting 30 TDs would be cool.

Yeah idk if I ever see Dak hitting 30 passing TDs in a season- not for a while, anyway, probably not under Garrett. He can still be an effective player without doing so though- something like 3800-3900 yards, 27-28 TDs, 8 INTs, 500-600 rush yards, 8-10 rush TDs isn't out of the question in a better offense.

9 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah idk if I ever see Dak hitting 30 passing TDs in a season- not for a while, anyway, probably not under Garrett. He can still be an effective player without doing so though- something like 3800-3900 yards, 27-28 TDs, 8 INTs, 500-600 rush yards, 8-10 rush TDs isn't out of the question in a better offense.

He hasn't hit 30 total TDs yet has he? Just doing that would be improvement.

Never mind I looked it up. 29, 28, 28. So 30 wouldn't be that big of a deal. But with his legs, and his excuses mostly gone, I want 35 total TDs.

24 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He hasn't hit 30 total TDs yet has he? Just doing that would be improvement.

Never mind I looked it up. 29, 28, 28. So 30 wouldn't be that big of a deal. But with his legs, and his excuses mostly gone, I want 35 total TDs.

Stats are nice but the eye ball test is more important.

His numbers were solid (completion %, TD:INT Ratio) but its the missed opportunities and rather check down than scan the field that needs to improve.

I would be ok even if he threw 3 or 4 more interceptions and his completion % went down, if he drove the ball down the field a bit more and improved his pocket awareness.

Geez the Dallas Cowboys own website is such a blind hater site eh @resilient part 2and @Matts4313?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gut-feeling-the-linehan-decision-what-s-next

Nick Eatman: I’ve said this plenty of times over the last two months and I’ll say it again here – Scott Linehan and Dak Prescott just weren’t good for each other. And if you’re keeping one, sure you go with the young, talented QB who already has 33 games in three years. But to me, this just wasn’t a great marriage because Dak needed an offensive system that allows me to utilize his running game more. And yeah, you can say that it was Scott’s play-calling that allowed Dak to win those games, but let’s face it, when the defensive coordinators forced this team to have to pass, the Cowboys just couldn’t do it. Dak needs a play-caller that won’t shy away from the run. And Linehan needed a quarterback that is more accurate. He schemed some nice plays that just weren’t executed for whatever reason. Let’s not forget Linehan got here to run a system for Romo and it was really good in 2014 and that’s the only time we got to see that pairing. So the fact that it went this long is actually a bit surprising. I think this move will be good for the Cowboys if they can get a play-caller who will emphasize Dak’s mobility a little more.

Archived