2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, Finch hasn't shown enough, and I don't think he can show enough before the season ends, to warrant EDGE not being our #1 need. I think that's an incredibly unrealistic expectation.

I think we are relatively cheap too. I'm thinking we bring in a veteran OG to replace Spain and probably a veteran WR that no one is happy with to add to our group of WRs. I think they are going to be happier with the trio or Davis/Taylor/Sharpe than most people think.

Then in the draft we take the best EDGE in the first round and an iOL to groom and eventually start in the 2nd/3rd round.

I think most people will be unhappy with our off-season because FA looks bleak and there's only so much we can add in the draft. I think people are going to want a bigger investment in WR than they are going to give us just due to what's available and our team needs.

If Tate becomes available that would be great, but I could see us adding someone like Quincy Enunwa or Tyrell Williams if he doesn't.

I don't know about Enunwa, but I would love me some Tyrell Williams. Dude is super underrated.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I don't know about Enunwa, but I would love me some Tyrell Williams. Dude is super underrated.

I feel exactly the opposite way. I love Enunwa. Really think that with the right change of scenery he could finally develop to be really good. With Taylor and Davis on the outside, I'd love to add him in the slot. He's big enough to be a mismatch on most slot corners and can definitely run his routes.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

I feel exactly the opposite way. I love Enunwa. Really think that with the right change of scenery he could finally develop to be really good. With Taylor and Davis on the outside, I'd love to add him in the slot. He's big enough to be a mismatch on most slot corners and can definitely run his routes.

I’m down for Enunwa or Tate on a 2 year deal. Finch is good depth and same with Correa — also good depth. Landry will be full-time next year which I’m pumped about. Would rather bring in an impact veteran on defense than draft one but not sure who that would be. Ford most likely gets franchise tagged and same with Demarcus Lawrence. However, I wouldn’t mind trading our 2019 1st, 2nd, and 2020 2nd Rd pick round pick to the Raiders to be able to grab Nick Bosa though. Sign a guard and WR in FA and draft Bosa and we then have a very solid team w/out breaking the bank.

i think we are literally 1-2 impact players away from being a AFC Championship contender.

Edited by Mariota615TN

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

I'm definitely not against Enunwa, just meant that I haven't paid much attention to him so I didn't know what he offers. I've have William's on many fantasy teams over the past few years, so I've actually paid some attention to what he's doing lol

26 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

I’m down for Enunwa or Tate on a 2 year deal. Finch is good depth and same with Correa — also good depth. Landry will be full-time next year which I’m pumped about. Would rather bring in an impact veteran on defense than draft one but not sure who that would be. Ford most likely gets franchise tagged and same with Demarcus Lawrence. However, I wouldn’t mind trading our 2019 1st, 2nd, and 2020 2nd Rd pick round pick to the Raiders to be able to grab Nick Bosa though. Sign a guard and WR in FA and draft Bosa and we then have a very solid team w/out breaking the bank.

i think we are literally 1-2 impact players away from being a AFC Championship contender.

Vet WR... yep

Finch and Correa at depth... yep

Splash on an established OLB starter still on the upswing... yep

Spend early picks on some interior line help... both OL and DL... yep

We're not far from a serious championship contender here...

• Like 3

Anybody interested in Grady Jarrett DT of the Falcons? Only 25 years old and is a Jurrell-Casey type player. Shorter height but very quick off the ball. Would be nice to have him and Casey on the same line. Would cost some $ for sure but not break the bank at the same time.

This would be my dream offseason:

1. Sign Golden Tate to a 2 year deal. 

2. Sign Grady Jarrett to a 4 year deal. 

3. Move Conklin to RG. Insert Dennis Kelly as our full-time RT. Kline moves over to LG.

4. Cut Ben Jones, Corey Levin takes over at Center.

5. Trade up to Draft Nick Bosa in the 1st round of the NFL draft. 

Having a starting defense line of Casey, Jarrett, Daquan Jones, OLB Harold Landry and Nick Bosa, and ILB of Jayon and Rashaan would be dirty. A starting offensive line of Lewan, Kline, Levin, Conklin, Kelly looks good as well. Corey, Tate, and Taywan is sufficient at WR and getting Delanie back at TE would be a huge boost. The only need we have after these moves would be what to do at RB? I wish we would just commit to Derrick and give him a chance to show what he can do as a full-time RB and he may get that chance if he shows well over the next 3 games of the season.

Edited by Mariota615TN

If we acquire another smaller, penetrating DT, how many snaps are they actually going to play? We are in the nickel about 75% of the time and our 2nd DT is essentially lined up as a 1 tech and is supposed to soak up blockers in the run game. 

I don't think they would line up next to Casey unless it is an obvious passing situation. Otherwise they are moved off the ball and OGs are getting to our LBers. 

So they could get about 25% of the snaps just subbing in for him and then however much in situations where we strongly are expecting pass.

I think if were are making starter investments in a DT it's going to be a 315+ guy that can rush the passer. 

If we get another shorter penetrator I think we do so as a rotational guy with less of an investment until we don't have so many holes to fill.

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

A starting offensive line of Lewan, Kline, Levin, Conklin, Kelly looks good as well. 

I have to strongly disagree with this. To me it looks like we have Lewan, 3 backup caliber players starting, and one guy playing out of position.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think if were are making starter investments in a DT it's going to be a 315+ guy that can rush the passer. 

Oh Haynesworth... where are you?!?!?  Although I think he was 325+, wasn't he?!

Those 2 elite years we got from him, are probably two of the best seasons all time for an interior DL.  He didn't put up the sack #'s that Donald or Watt put up, but he was just as dominant.  Should have won at least one DPOY.

• Like 1

10 weeks ago everyone still thought we had one of the best OT duos in the NFL. Now over half the forum wants to move Conklin to OG.

Mariota can have two bad years and everyone is lining up to give him 28 mil a year, but a sub 25 year old 8th overall pick has a bad half a season and we go replacing him with Dennis Kelly.

48 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

10 weeks ago everyone still thought we had one of the best OT duos in the NFL. Now over half the forum wants to move Conklin to OG.

Mariota can have two bad years and everyone is lining up to give him 28 mil a year, but a sub 25 year old 8th overall pick has a bad half a season and we go replacing him with Dennis Kelly.

Yea I think it’s kind of dumb. I’m definitely not giving up on Conklin at RT. I still don’t think he was fullly healthy. Probably shouldn’t have even played this season. Need to improve the interior. I’m not against trying Conklin at OG but I’m not giving up on him at RT either.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea I think it’s kind of dumb. I’m definitely not giving up on Conklin at RT. I still don’t think he was fullly healthy. Probably shouldn’t have even played this season. Need to improve the interior. I’m not against trying Conklin at OG but I’m not giving up on him at RT either.

Yeah if he comes back next year and he still is not back to what he was, then absolutely try it. I just don't think there's any way he was healthy this year. He was just stumbling over himself and it honestly seemed like he got worse as the season went on.

• Like 1

wouldn't mind taking a flyer on easton stick in the mid-late rounds. good size, nfl arm, great mobility, operates in a pro-spread type system. doesn't have carson wentz's elite physical tools so i doubt he'll rise to the degree wentz did, but he's been comparably productive and looks impressive on the field. i think he'd develop into a significantly better backup than gabbert.

• Like 1