2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

Also worth noting, Alabama's FS Deionte Thompson #14 is very highly rated and could be a match when paired with Byard. 

All three of Oklahoma's iOL are highly rated and I think overrated. Dru Samia #75 is nowhere near as good as advertised.

Alabama's TE Irv Smith Jr and Notre Dame's TE Alize Mack both are draftable players that I haven't watched. Smith Jr is getting some 2nd round love.

I want us to add a vet wr via fa... But after that, both sides of the trenches are definitely our biggest needs. 

I'm glad dl is deep, we should be able to get a good prospect when we pick at 32. Hopefully we can also find a good c/g prospect at 64...then just go bpa the test of the way. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I want us to add a vet wr via fa... But after that, both sides of the trenches are definitely our biggest needs. 

I'm glad dl is deep, we should be able to get a good prospect when we pick at 32. Hopefully we can also find a good c/g prospect at 64...then just go bpa the test of the way. 

Adam Humphries for the win!  😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

He's pretty much a slot player only isn't he? I'd be good with that if we think we're good with Taylor outside.

I don't necessarily think we need to improve our WR options as much as everyone else, they've really been open all year when Mariota has had time to throw, but I think we need to add more options/depth so a guy like Humphries would fit in well. The drop issues haven't been the problem they were early.

This offense hasn't been near as good at protecting the QB, but has really excelled at scheming guys open. I think we need smart guys who are where they need to be when they need to be there, rather than explosive guys. 

Edited by TitanSS

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Cobb and Tate are at the top of my list... Although like ss stated with Humphries, both are slot guys. They'd have to trust Taylor/Sharpe outside. I'm not completely against that as Davis, Walker, Cobb/Tate have the make up of a great 1-3 options. 

Looking more at outside guys, there's Brown, Hogan, T Williams, Kearse, Matthews (even younger/upside guys like Funchess, Coleman or White... Although these last two guys would be in addition to something else ). 

The WR F market isn't great... But we're not looking for a 1...just looking to add competition, upgrade that 2 spot and give the offense some veteran leadership... And there're some good options out there for that. 

Edited by ragevsuall17

7 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Also worth noting, Alabama's FS Deionte Thompson #14 is very highly rated and could be a match when paired with Byard. 

All three of Oklahoma's iOL are highly rated and I think overrated. Dru Samia #75 is nowhere near as good as advertised.

Alabama's TE Irv Smith Jr and Notre Dame's TE Alize Mack both are draftable players that I haven't watched. Smith Jr is getting some 2nd round love.

If we draft a safety highly with Byard and Cyprien already on the roster and what should be an extension for Vaccaro I'd be pretty disappointed. I like our secondary how it is right now, especially now that Butler seems to be playing at a solid level.

My wants this off season are pass rushers, IOL, and WR. If we can just add some consistent pass rush to this defense it could breach in to the elite level.

I understand that "BPA all the time" is a strategy some would prefer to employ, but unless Vaccaro just seriously prices himself out of our range(and even if he did ask for a decent salary, I'd probably just cut Cyprien to afford it before I'd let Vaccaro walk, but ideally keep all 3), I can't see any scenario in which taking a safety highly would be a good idea with the other needs on this roster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I can see Cyprien still being here with Vaccaro. Put him close to the line in a LB like area. Really make our secondary versitle.  

Or

They cut him lol. 

Either way, Vaccaro should be back. 

I’ll only keep Cyp if he agrees to a pay cut he has no guaranteed money left on his deal. I would extend Logan Ryan a 3yr deal paying 8+ mill should get it done 

13 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If we draft a safety highly with Byard and Cyprien already on the roster and what should be an extension for Vaccaro I'd be pretty disappointed. I like our secondary how it is right now, especially now that Butler seems to be playing at a solid level.

My wants this off season are pass rushers, IOL, and WR. If we can just add some consistent pass rush to this defense it could breach in to the elite level.

I understand that "BPA all the time" is a strategy some would prefer to employ, but unless Vaccaro just seriously prices himself out of our range(and even if he did ask for a decent salary, I'd probably just cut Cyprien to afford it before I'd let Vaccaro walk, but ideally keep all 3), I can't see any scenario in which taking a safety highly would be a good idea with the other needs on this roster.

I'd resign Vaccaro as well, but if he's not resigned I don't like starting Cyprien going forward. 

But there should be no reason not to resign him.

13 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I listed a few WRs in another thread Tate Hogan Beasley Kearse Cobb John Brown just to name a few Titans have options 

Absolutely.  It may not be a good year for #1 type WRs... but there a re some good #2 options available.  That's exactly what we need.  Davis, Tate, Delanie would be an amazing trio for Mariota next year... by far the most talent he's had at his disposal since he was drafted.  Henry looking like a legit starting RB with the other complimentary pieces of Lewis, Taylor, Smith, Sharpe... would mean no excuses to make this one of the more exciting and complete offenses in the NFL.

13 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Vaccaro absolutely should be resigned 

Also agree here.  I'd still like to keep Cyp if he's willing to renegotiate his contract.  I'd be very comfortable with a S group of Byard, Vaccaro, Cyp, Cruikshank... that's some good depth