Who killed you this week?

EaglesPeteC

Got a huge game from Nuk that is largely being wasted by the rest of my players, particularly Lamar Jackson. I started him over Baker because I didn't think that it would be a great game by the Cleveland offense. Julio isn't giving me much help either. at this point in time. Looking at a lot of 0-2 scorers right now, meanwhile, his team is pretty much doing what I thought it was, which is that nobody goes off, but everyone scores 10-15 points. The lead given to me by Nuk and Jackson (46 points), has already evaporated. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Got a huge game from Nuk that is largely being wasted by the rest of my players, particularly Lamar Jackson. I started him over Baker because I didn't think that it would be a great game by the Cleveland offense. Julio isn't giving me much help either. at this point in time. Looking at a lot of 0-2 scorers right now, meanwhile, his team is pretty much doing what I thought it was, which is that nobody goes off, but everyone scores 10-15 points. The lead given to me by Nuk and Jackson (46 points), has already evaporated. 

Very annoyed with where this game is at currently. Barkley has absolutely killed me this week with only 6 points right now. My opponent has healthy shares in the Atlanta / Cards game, and they have all scored at least 17 points, which is very frustrating. Right now, I'm only up by 8 points, and I imagine he makes that a little closer before the end of the early games as he has Davante Adams, and they are trailing, meanwhile my team is receiver heavy, and they are all winning big, so I'm expecting them to shut down the passing games and not grab too many more points. 

So it will come down to the late games. We both have kickers going, so that will be a toss up hopefully, then James White vs my Kittle and the seattle defense. Not expecting a win here. 

Last year in my work league :

Rolling over everybody all year and i get the #1 seed. Right as the playoffs start i lose one of my best players (Carson Wentz). Then during my first playoff game i lose my stud WR (Antiono Brown) and lose.

This year in my work league:

Rolling over everybody all year and i get the #1 seed. Right as the playoffs start i lose one of my best players (Melvin Gordon). Then during my first playoff game i lose my stud WR (Keenan Allen) and lose.

Brutal....

Looks like I am losing the semi final in one of my leagues. Not a big deal. I got unlucky at the end of the year as my formerly stacked running back corps (CMC, Hunt, Conner, Ingram) got obliterated by things outside of my control. 

In my main money league, the one I cared about (and the one I complain about in here often), I held on to grab the win. He made it a good game, and I kind of feel bad for him because he was quite easily the second highest scorer in the league this week, and he just happened to have to play me, and I scored the most. Weirdly low scoring week for teams. Only 4 reached 100. Only 3 reached 110. I hit 160, while My opponent hit 140, which was almost 30 points higher than the third highest scoring team. His team pretty much played the way his roster is set up, but almost all of them hit the high marks on their projections. He has a very stable, deep team, but no true studs. The type of team where everyone just scores 15 points. And that's largely what happened, though he got some extra push from a few guys, including Matt Ryan, but the top 6 guys in his lineup all scored between 13-24 points. He made it close at the end of the early games, but  Hopkins' 43 really saved my bacon this week. 

So that's 2K in the bank for me. 

Unfortunately, the #1 seed, and the guy I've worried about all year, won his game in a walk, despite having a terrible game (damn, I wish I would have played him this week lol). I don't think that there's much of a chance i beat him next week. He has a stacked roster that quite frankly, is just better than mine (it may not have been had Hunt not gotten suspended). Mahomes/CMC/Kamara/Evans/JuJu/Amari is a pretty stacked roster for QB1/RB/WR. He's got a pretty weak QB2 (Carr), and tight end problems, but those are hardly things to be concerned about. The thing for him though is that his matchups are gold next week, and that is frustrating. Kamara gets Pitt, CMC Atlanta, JuJu New Orleans, Cooper gets Tampa, Derek Carr even gets Denver at home. Evans doesn't have a great matchup, and Mahomes gets Seattle at Seattle, so that may work in my favor, but those are mostly great matchups. 

But my roster simply isn't as good. Baker / Trubisky have solid matchups, and while I think they put up good points, hard to match Mahomes (Cincy & 49ers). Barkley gets Indy on the road who just shut out Dallas and has played solid defense this year. My Rb2 situation is a bit of a mess because of the hunt fiasco, so I haven't decided how to go there. Damien Williams doesn't have a great matchup and could have to contend with Ware again for touches, Samuels may have Conner back, Justin Jackson may have to deal with Melvin Gordon. Michel's volume and scoring is way down with Burkhead back and Devlin vulturing snaps and touchdowns and the matchup is terrible. Josh Adams hasn't been great. So that's problematic. The strength of my team is the receivers with Julio / Hopkins / Diggs / Kittle, but Kittle has an awful matchup against Chicago (may sit him), though the other three have solid matchups (provided Hopkins isn't hurt). 

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Unless Cam goes bonkers tomorrow i should be playing for a title in my dynasty league 

Waiting for the obvious moment to happen where Cam goes off for 60 points tomorrow, Pete loses, and on the last touchdown run, Cam pulls the superman celebration, only instead of revealing himself to be superman, he reveals himself to be Kenyan Drake. 

Idk what happened but I'm somehow 40 points ahead going into the second week of my finals match after starting the season 1-4. If conner and hunt were playing I would have gotten demolished. Thank you chiefs backup runningbacks and jaylen samuels.

Made Semi-finals in 3 leagues.  

Faced 

1.  Hopkins (36), Damien Williams (27) , ATL Def (24), he has 3 players going tonight in Cam, Curtis, DJ Moore.  I am up like 3-4 points and have no one left.

2.  Hopkins (39), Adams (22) with Kamara still to go.  That one is a loss as JuJu  and Ebron did little for me.  

3.  Justin Jackson (16),  Mike Williams (33), Kevin Byard (18.5).  He has CMC going tonight and needs just 8.5 points.    Got too little from JuJu (7), Cooks (9) and Aaron Jones (0.8).  Feels awesome to have 4 players on my bench that were over 12 points....Howard (14), T Williams (13), Robby Anderson (19), Callaway (12).  

Archived