Who killed you this week?

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

As for who killed me this week... James Conner... Wentz... realistically I can still win in the league that they hit me hard in (I have a 16 point lead in a non-PPR league and need to survive Kareem Hunt tonight), but yeah...

I survived!  And Mahomes' performance put a loss in the column of the guy who was the biggest threat to my #1 seed status because he faces me next week and could have evened our records with a win and made up point differential in the process too which would have been the tie breaker.  Only one team can catch me for #1 seed now and he's Bengals and Niners heavy (I'll be real, Kittle coming off the bye against the Bucs defense scares me... as does Kamara against Atlanta's defense, but if I do my job and win, what he does won't matter).

Well the week isn't over yet but I need to vent. Sadly it looks like I will be dropping to 5 and 7 in my home league.  Our league is in year eight and 1. I have made the playoffs every year but 2. my team seems to crash in the playoffs. I have a losing record in the playoffs, one finals appearance which I lost. Oh let's also add that the past two years, it looked like I was on my way to finals until some crazy things happened. two years ago, I got beat by ty montgomery...if y'all remembered he was playing RB but was listed as a WR in yahoo so instead of playing against two rbs, I was up again three and he had THAT ONE BIG GAME vs the bears.  I lose and the owner who beat me went on to win a VERY ugly finals match in which I believe I would had won easily then this past year. I was up 39 points going into MNF and thinking ok i'm good..nope Devonta Freeman scored 40 points and I got sent home. Anyways I really don't know how to handle not making the playoffs for the first time.help anyone? jk... Thanks for listening. #itsjustfantasyright

Nobody killed me this week. My team coasted to a pretty easy victory, officially clinching the playoffs (I unofficially clinched last week - would have taken an absolutely crazy final few wekes for me not to get in, requiring about 70 different things to happen lol). 

All of my team performed at or above where they should have with teh possible exception of Hopkins (12 points). Baker had 26, Saquon 40, Michel 24, Julio 25, Diggs 22, Kittle 11, Lamar 18. 

My opponents team largely did as expected with no crazy outliers in the positive manner (well, maybe DT), but he was just outgunned this week. Pretty comfortable 80 point win for me. 

1 hour ago, KellChippy said:

I was up by 1 pt until that Derrick Henry fumble. Opponent started Texans D, I lost by 1 pt.

Happened to me last year, ironically also involving the texans. It was the Ravens / Titans (also on monday night football I think?). I was up by one, my opponent had the Ravens defense, Tom Savage throws an INT on the last play of the game, I lose by one. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Happened to me last year, ironically also involving the texans. It was the Ravens / Titans (also on monday night football I think?). I was up by one, my opponent had the Ravens defense, Tom Savage throws an INT on the last play of the game, I lose by one. 

Freakin Texans. Also could have won if Hopkins didn’t have 12 measly pts.

Similar thing happened to me last year in the championship, but in a different league with low stakes. I was up by 3, and on the last play of MNF the eagles return a lateral for a td.

In my big $ league, this is the first close game I lost this year so I can’t complain. However, things are looking very down for my team. Was 7-3, now 7-5 with no Melvin Gordon for a while.

The Conner/Wentz combo for the secondsnag  week in a row...

I've currently got a waiver claim in for Russell Wilson (yeah, I'm not sure why someone's dropping him either, but I'll happily take him - and his juicy playoff schedule) but it's not particularly high and one guy in this league just lost both his QB's (Dalton to IR and Mullens to the bench for Beathard), but I did snag Lamar Jackson too (who is who I'd be dropping in the waiver transaction for Wentz)... who is looking to be one of those "OK in the actual league but quite productive in fantasy football" type players.

I outscored everyone else in the league except for the guy I played (who had Chicago's defense, Amari Cooper, and Phillip Lindsay)... who outscored my by 2 points.

Not really fitting for this thread, but interesting none the less.

I got nervous about Gordon and his questionable status and my only other option was Sony Michel. So i made a last minte switch from Gordon to Michel.

Gordon scored 20pts

Michel scored 22pts

I won my game by less than 2 pts.

Archived