Who killed you this week?

EaglesPeteC

I've, thus far, managed to survive losing Allen Robinson last minute and being in a position where I had to start no one at a WR/RB position.  I have a 23-point cushion against the Patriots defense tomorrow night (and yes, with Anderson and Peterman as QB's they'd face, I'm sweating)

In a two quarterback league, mine were Winston and Brees. 

I somehow managed to lose to a guy who has two legit players on his team, Zeke and Michael Thomas, and zeke was on a bye. I somehow did this despite having Hopkins, Conner and Barkley and him getting a donut from Allen Robinson

My once unbeatable team had lost three straight and looking like it won't manage to make the playoffs, especially given saquon is on a bye next week

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Winston..Dropping him asap but the pool in my league isn't the greatest. Especially when there's THREE team carrying TWO Qbs.

This is my struggle as well. i'm not going to drop him (don't know if they are actually benching him moving forward), but I'll grab Fitz just to be safe. otherwise, the quarterback situation in my league on the waiver wire is abysmal...which would be so funny beecause at one point, it was a strength of my team with Brees / Goff / Winston.  But I'm looking at a waiver wire of CJ / Rosen / Darnold / Anderson. The best is probably going to be Mariota and Tannehill, which is just tragic.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is my struggle as well. i'm not going to drop him (don't know if they are actually benching him moving forward), but I'll grab Fitz just to be safe. otherwise, the quarterback situation in my league on the waiver wire is abysmal...which would be so funny beecause at one point, it was a strength of my team with Brees / Goff / Winston.  But I'm looking at a waiver wire of CJ / Rosen / Darnold / Anderson. The best is probably going to be Mariota and Tannehill, which is just tragic.

After much research, I am kinda liking flacco right now. Based on matchups but yeah I do hope it's Fitzpatrick.

I tried to trade for Goff earlier but the owner wanted Landry and ingram for goff and arob.

50 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

After much research, I am kinda liking flacco right now. Based on matchups but yeah I do hope it's Fitzpatrick.

I tried to trade for Goff earlier but the owner wanted Landry and ingram for goff and arob.

There's a 50/50 chance he's already taken, but you might be able to do worse than Derek Carr for some spot starts?

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

There's a 50/50 chance he's already taken, but you might be able to do worse than Derek Carr for some spot starts?

Actually he's there. He's on my list for this week:

Trubisky @Buffalo
Carr @SF
Flacco vs Pit
Fitzpatrick @Car

Honestly I really am not in the business for trading for a QB. Especially if I am giving up a WR2/RB2. 

Its crazy because the owner who has Mahomes also drafted Cam. He put a big price tag on both so Cam rots on his bench week in and week out.

34 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Actually he's there. He's on my list for this week:

Trubisky @Buffalo
Carr @SF
Flacco vs Pit
Fitzpatrick @Car

Honestly I really am not in the business for trading for a QB. Especially if I am giving up a WR2/RB2. 

Its crazy because the owner who has Mahomes also drafted Cam. He put a big price tag on both so Cam rots on his bench week in and week out.

Well Fitzpatrick was named the starter...I think he'll top my list this week.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm hating life so much right now lol

I could potentially miss the playoffs in my home league..would be a first in seven years. If so no one to blame but myself, my draft wasn't my best work at all. Probably the worst draft I have done in the seven years our league has been up.

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Winston..Dropping him asap but the pool in my league isn't the greatest. Especially when there's THREE team carrying TWO Qbs.

I tend to do that if I see a qb needy team despite my general philosophy to not carry two. 

I think spot starting is viable at qb nowadays (unless a 2 qb league).

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I could potentially miss the playoffs in my home league..would be a first in seven years. If so no one to blame but myself, my draft wasn't my best work at all. Probably the worst draft I have done in the seven years our league has been up.

Same here. I've actually never placed worse than third in this league in over 10 years. The sick part is that I'm still #1 in points scored and tied for first. But some trades are really backfiring at this point. It all goes back to my horrific decision to draft Gronk in the third round of the draft. First time I have ever taken a tight end that high in the draft before and it has backfired a ton on me. 

I still have a decent roster, but I've got some brutal matchups coming up, including two games against the two teams I consider the best in the league. I really though this week should be a win and was counting on that to stop the bleeding. Still can't believe that I managed to lose when he didn't even have Zeke. He had three players in his starting lineups score their most points of the year in a game this week, and in a couple of cases, not by a small margin. I'm simply getting really unfortunate right now - the last two weeks, I have been the second highest scoring team each week, but played guys who hung up over 200 points against me (one week I scored almost 190 and lost, the next I scored 170 and lost). 

1 minute ago, tgrades3 said:

Uzomah & Winston killed me

on a side note: our last place team somehow pocket dropped Kareem hunt & we have random waiver order & the #1 team has top priority 

How is hunt not on a can't drop list? 

4 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

I tend to do that if I see a qb needy team despite my general philosophy to not carry two. 

I think spot starting is viable at qb nowadays (unless a 2 qb league).

I just hate it because they expect you to give up a king's ransom in return. I understand being the team of need but still...

Archived