Who killed you this week?

EaglesPeteC

Surprisingly for week 10, nobody really. OJ Howard only had 2 points, but he didn't really kill me. And given the season he has had thus far, he was due for a downer game at some point. I had to play the Pats defense as streaming options were highly limited this week, but it was really the best play at the time given the inconsistency of the Titans offense. Most of the other matchups were far worse. I suppose I could have risked the Niners / Giants against one another on Monday night and gotten more than the three points I received from the Pats, but I doubt either of them is going to generate much more than that. 

Other than that, I actually made largely right calls this week. I traded away Chubb, so yeah, okay, that wasn't brilliant (42 points this week), but playing a slightly longer game there I'm hoping, and I didn't love the browns' matchups after this week and I got Michel for him and MVS. That being said, I made the smart play to sit Michel after not loving the idea that they may take it easy on him heading into the bye week and against one of the better defenses in the NFL, so I benched him and his 3 points for Aaron Jones and his current 22 points (at half). I needed a WR2 this week for MVS, and with several options on board, ended up taking Corey Davis, who had a great game and notched me 27 points. The only wrong move I made was playing Duke Johnson (full ppr) over Kerryon Johnson in my flex. 

Game is still slightly up for grabs, but unless my opponents Davante Adams or Dak goes absolutely crazy today, I should win pretty easily. Currently up 17. Have the second half of Zuerlein and Aaron Jones going + Eli + Saquon tomorrow. He has the second half for Davante Adams and then Dak tonight. 

Graham Gano....

I traded Zuerlein earlier in the week, had to stream with Gould on a bye..

Obviously, made the right call. 

And my league's scoring rules once again. It's really bizarre how I get torched by the long touchdown glitch in our league. AB basically doing nothing, catches one pass, worth 21 points. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Graham Gano....

I traded Zuerlein earlier in the week, had to stream with Gould on a bye..

Obviously, made the right call. 

And my league's scoring rules once again. It's really bizarre how I get torched by the long touchdown glitch in our league. AB basically doing nothing, catches one pass, worth 21 points. 

Got a little lucky. Despite the negative 3 by Gano, my opponent started Wentz, Ertz and Fitzpatrick while sitting Mark Ingram. Just brutal right there. Wentz had -3, Ertz 3, and Fitzmagic benched after 4. He's up by 2 points with Thielen left to go, but I have Diggs, Trubisky and Hunt. So I should be fine. This will also, while not officially clinching for me (at least I Don't think officially) basically guarantee my spot in the playoffs 

Where do I start? Mariota playing awful then getting hurt, which caused Davis to not do much. Was forced to play Agholor ( I dropped T Smith for him after the 0 last week)

ive just really hurt myself but dropping people to early. I’ve had John brown, Njoku, Cohen, T Smith, Mack, A Miller & Godwin All this year but have dropped each one, usually a week to early 

5 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

Where do I start? Mariota playing awful then getting hurt, which caused Davis to not do much. Was forced to play Agholor ( I dropped T Smith for him after the 0 last week)

ive just really hurt myself but dropping people to early. I’ve had John brown, Njoku, Cohen, T Smith, Mack, A Miller & Godwin All this year but have dropped each one, usually a week to early 

John Brown is doing nothing recently ... was my bye week WR3 this week and did nothing ... luckily I got the win ... but he'll be riding my bench this week, if not off my team. I have priority #3 but I don't think I should use it on a W4 upgrade (being T'Quan Smith).

Evans / Gordon / Boyd are my top 3 ... and presumed weekly starters.

It seems like every trade i made, I feel good then things screw up for me.

I was sitting good with Brees, Cooks, Marvin Jones, Corey Davis with Fournette and Mixon

-Then Marvin Jones got hurt then Mariota got hurt which sends Davis back down to being a WR3.

Now I'm 5-6 and going up against the two best teams in my league these next two weeks. Its win or miss the playoffs in my home league for the first time in seven years. Fantasy Sucks.

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

It seems like every trade i made, I feel good then things screw up for me.

I was sitting good with Brees, Cooks, Marvin Jones, Corey Davis with Fournette and Mixon

-Then Marvin Jones got hurt then Mariota got hurt which sends Davis back down to being a WR3.

Now I'm 5-6 and going up against the two best teams in my league these next two weeks. Its win or miss the playoffs in my home league for the first time in seven years. Fantasy Sucks.

Aaron Jones' massive breakout week came in the week that I played the guy I traded him to.

As for who killed me this week... James Conner... Wentz... realistically I can still win in the league that they hit me hard in (I have a 16 point lead in a non-PPR league and need to survive Kareem Hunt tonight), but yeah...

I managed to survive MVS putting up a whopping 0.5 points in a 1/2-pt PPR league (also had Conner who only saved himself with receptions) thanks to Chicago's defense, Mark Ingram, and my opponent starting Alex Smith (go figure).

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Aaron Jones' massive breakout week came in the week that I played the guy I traded him to.

I actually played the team who I made a huge trade with a few weeks back. I sent Wentz/Mike Evans/Ingram/Duke Johnson/Lamar Miller for Brees/Mixon/Gio/Cooks.

We also made another trade a week before where I gave him Latavius/Chicago for Marvin Jones.

I would of lost even if we didn't make those trades..really sucks.

I thought I was gonna make that run but on paper it looks like I am going to finish 5-8.

Archived