Wk 1 postgame: GB 24 • CHI 23

Cakeshoppe

Just now, cannondale said:

Watching the highlights, Fuller chucked the ball after dropping the interception. Should have been 15 yards

I was thinking the same thing.  Glad we didn't get that 15.  Would have robbed us of Cobb proving 80% of this forum wrong. 

While the first half was extremely frustrating to watch, im fairly optimistic about the defense. Just going off the first time watch, it didnt seem like w blitzed a whole bunch. Gotta think thats because that cute offense the bears were running was all about getting quick hitters out in space. Kinda felt like we went with a bend dont break gameplan thinking that we wouldnt get utterly dominated on the other side of the ball in the first half. Giving major credit to the d for their second half performance (except for clay ?)

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Assuming its a sprained MCL for Rodgers, which seems like the obvious injury at this point, likely looking at him being gimpy like this for the next 3-4 games most likely?

I gotta believe if it was a ligament sprain he wouldn't have gone back in, but what do I know. I'm thinking some type of contusion

removing the best part of rodgers' game is good for this team and this coaching staff and this quarterback and this offense. Very diff than the seattle playoff game since we have a full season ahead.

If he can't move, he has to play within the confines of the offense instead of playing off schedule.  If he does that and it still don't work, the coaches will have to accept responsibility and innovate.

I have no idea if I believe what I just typed, but there's a chance that this creates a late career Rodgers blueprint based entirely on that G-Mo throw from the pocket.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

I gotta believe if it was a ligament sprain he wouldn't have gone back in, but what do I know. I'm thinking some type of contusion

Players can and often do play through MCL sprains, depending on the severity. Pretty sure we've seen Bulaga and other Packers OLineman over the years play through MCL sprains while wearing a brace. I'm just speculating though. I'm just so freakin glad his season isn't over.

Archived