Aaron Rodgers' Knee Thread

incognito_man

15 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Just confirmed knee sprain.  Apparently on a knee in which he has had problems before.  Had a little smirk if asked if he is going to play against the Vikings.  He'll be out there bad knee and all.  He'll be rehabbing all week may try to practice a bit on Saturday.  Said it's feeling a bit better but pretty sore last few days.  O-line better really step it up against the Vikings.  Can't let Aaron take any more shots.  Hold them if they have to.  Take the penalty.  Fricken loathe the Vikings.  LOATHE.  Hope Aaron exacts revenge.  Chop that bastard Barr...

I want to see Lewis in there along with Williams in the back field. Short, quick passes, and mass protect. 

I'm starting to wonder if it is time for Rodgers to retire. I mean I've supported him all these years but he's starting to get hurt too much now.

Thing is, who is gonna replace him? We traded away Hundley who had looked set to succeed Rodgers.

Not saying an ACL can't tear this way in addition to the MCL, but I thought there usually is at least a bit of twisting motion of the knee for an ACL tear as a result of cutting, pivoting, etc. On the replay, the outside of Aaron's left knee was jarred/fallen upon, which immediately would look typical of an MCL tear (although as I said the ACL can also be torn along with it in extreme cases). Just my two cents. Not a knee surgeon in real life. So Aaron wears a brace and strictly stays in the pocket. Yeesh, that means he is an upright, stationary target, at risk of an elbow or shoulder injury even if his brace saves his knee from worse damage.. But I'll just stop my worrying. 

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean a sprain is a tear, but the fact that they are calling it a "sprain" and not being more specific means it's almost certainly a grade 1 MCL tear, which is the most minor of knee sprains.

Sustained a grade 1 MCI on both knees in separate incidents - both skiing - and both times I was skiing the next day.  Had some pain and swelling sure, but I wasn’t going to miss a damn good Rocky Mtn powder day.  Ice and  ibuprofen work wonders.

5 minutes ago, Howler said:

Vegas thinks he's not playing. Supercontest has the vikings -7. Wonder what they know.

That’s a lot of points, considering GB plays at home and the fashion in which they beat the Bears.  Kind of a head-scratcher for sure.  I wouldn’t bet the spread, that’s for sure.

Archived