A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills are bringing in Terrelle Pryor for a visit and some source has said he already has a contract offer in place. If so he will likely be signed by tomorrow. 

Do you think this mean that Benjamin is closes to be traded?

I'd like to keep Kelvin but I have a feeling that Pryor would be a replacement for him.

23 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

How's Free Agent market for WR?

Right now OT Greg Little or OT Jonah Williams would top my BB and kick Dion Dawkins to LG or RT

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

I'd say it doesn't look all that bad. There's some solid players available that would improve our positional grouping.

The problem I see is this though:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/offensive-line/

Really nothing of substance, or, at least, enough quality to turn our OL around. The draft is pretty lean as well, IMO.

15 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Do you think this mean that Benjamin is closes to be traded?

I'd like to keep Kelvin but I have a feeling that Pryor would be a replacement for him.

Why do you want to keep Kelvin? Him and Peterman can share a plane ride out of here as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Why do you want to keep Kelvin? Him and Peterman can share a plane ride out of here as far as I’m concerned.

I get the frustration with kbenji, at times he makes little effort and then at times flashes elite plays. For instance last night in the 1st qtr he didnt bother extending his arms to make the catch over gillmore and at worst drawn a flag for PI but he alligator armed it and it was a drop which led to a punt. Then the ability to lay the db out even with a penalty which I think was clean and the refs love them some pats. Then the next play go up and get the ball where most receivers wouldnt have had a chance with it. So at times i want him to stay as the big target #2 and go get a speedster and other times I want them to move on as he is to inconsistent. If they can get something for him maybe it is best they move on if not offer him a reasonable #2 contract and see what he does. Im sure some other team would be willing to offer him more but at least try to retain him again at a reasonable #2 wr price which is about 10 mil a year these days. 

After the season If  they dont resign kbenji another guy that would interest me and im sure people are going to be pissed cause hes another carolina player is Funchess i think his ceiling is higher then kbenji and will give 100% every time. He could be the #2 they need and go out and find a #1 speedster. Hes that big target Allen can use.

13 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I think with a true Flanker on the opposite side of the field that Kelvin that he can be a decent 2nd option. But with no speed opposite him it's really easy to shutdown our offense. Last year at the trade deadline we needed a WR. A Flanker specifically... And instead we added Benjamin a Split End. Even though all the recievers on roster all fit that spot. Benjamin was just a poor fit to who we already had on the team. We need to evenly spread out the field. And a reciever with Pryor's speed... We may finally have a guy who is capable of playing that Flanker position that we haven't had filled since Sammy.  I think this will give Benjamin more room to operate and defenses will now have to respect the long ball. Especially when Allen comes back. And Kelvin has shown flashes the past two weeks... He has struggled here in Buffalo. But from day 1 of trade I knew he was a bad fit. But given is past he is capable of being a good reciever. But with our roster situation I don't see it. I let Benjamin walknin the off-season but I don't wanna flat out cut him for nothing cause he is still better than a lot of the other recievers we keep trying to play.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

How's Free Agent market for WR?

Right now OT Greg Little or OT Jonah Williams would top my BB and kick Dion Dawkins to LG or RT

A lot of #2 options like Moncrief and Tyrell Williams but no true number 1 reciever. I really want to sign Williams then draft N'Keal Harry. That would give us an instant upgrade at the position

39 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The problem with Benjamin isn't where he is lined up. Its the fact that he doesn't or can't use his body properly. Rarely ever has. 

I'm not saying it where he is lined up. I'm saying that we don't have the personnel to make defense respect a deep ball. If we had a guy that could go deep it will give Benjamin more space to work with instead of being jammed all the time. Benjamin is a slow reciever. He can't create space. He needs personnel around him that will help open up space for him to work. Not saying if that happen he becomes a great player but it would increase his productivity. And productivity is what we need as an offense rn

Assuming the Bills can't land Oliver or Bosa and go for Jonah Williams from Bama or Greg Little from Ole Miss what option do you think happens or would want to happen.

A) Rookie starts at RT and leave Dawkins at LT

B) Rookie starts at LT and Dawkins move to RT

C) Rookie starts at LT and Dawkins moves to LG and a veteran free agent like Juwan James, Daryl Williams, Josh Wells etc slides in at RT.

I personally am a fan of C because Dawkins has struggled this year against most and he showed last year he can play LG pretty well and possibly quite dominantly. A rookie at LT is never ideal but Williams coming from Bama should be a plug and play. Get a veteran on the right side and hope Teller can step in at RG. Grab a C in round 2 or 3 and the OL could be pretty solid. 

*All this being meaningful by Daboll getting to pick his staff and hopefully someone like Andy Dickerson or Pat Flaherty as OL coach.*

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Assuming the Bills can't land Oliver or Bosa and go for Jonah Williams from Bama or Greg Little from Ole Miss what option do you think happens or would want to happen.

A) Rookie starts at RT and leave Dawkins at LT

B) Rookie starts at LT and Dawkins move to RT

C) Rookie starts at LT and Dawkins moves to LG and a veteran free agent like Juwan James, Daryl Williams, Josh Wells etc slides in at RT.

I personally am a fan of C because Dawkins has struggled this year against most and he showed last year he can play LG pretty well and possibly quite dominantly. A rookie at LT is never ideal but Williams coming from Bama should be a plug and play. Get a veteran on the right side and hope Teller can step in at RG. Grab a C in round 2 or 3 and the OL could be pretty solid. 

*All this being meaningful by Daboll getting to pick his staff and hopefully someone like Andy Dickerson or Pat Flaherty as OL coach.*

I really like Ed Oliver but drafting Jonah Williams and kicking Dion Dawkins inside as a potential Pro Bowl LG would be a nice start a fixing the OL.

I'm not as big on Nick Bosa as others and don't see any WR that would have value where we'll be picking 

Archived