Rate-My-Draft Thread

keysersoze3421

21 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Did one keeper in my league and my team was horrible from last year so the player I kept was Demaryius Thomas, which kinda already has me at a disadvantage to compared to other teams. Anyway, this is how my draft went.

QB

Marcus Mariota

RB

Devonta Freeman

Dalvin Cook

Joe Mixon

Adrian Peterson

Danny Woodhead

WR

Demaryius Thomas

Amari Cooper

Doug Baldwin

Pierre Garcon

Martavis Bryant

TE

Jack Doyle

Martellus Bennett

K & Defense

Matt Bryant

Carolina Panthers

I think it's really good.  You got a top 8 RB, two high-ceiling RB2s, a safe flex in Woodhead, 3 top 15 receivers, and some upside at TE.  I think you have a really strong shot at making the playoffs with this team.

I did a 10-team PPR auction draft last night and ended up with this roster:

QB: Derek Carr

RB: Ty Montgomery, Joe Mixon, C.J. Anderson, Kareem Hunt, Bilal Powell

WR: Jordy Nelson, Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders

TE: Jordan Reed, Zach Ertz

K: Mason Crosby

D: Seattle

Essentially tried a zero RB approach in auction.  Took the big 3 receivers early, then waited a long time and saved the rest of my budget to secure all the backs I wanted.  Was planning on spending $1 at TE, but I had to grab Reed for $6 after the top 3 guys went for $20-$30.

Decided to change our annual draft to a 2QB and PPR set up this year

QB: Derek Carr // Jameis Winston

RB: Devonta Freeman // Ty Montgomery

WR: Mike Evans // Kelvin Benjamin

Flex: Ameer Abdullah

TE: Kyle Rudolph

D/ST: Arizona Cardinals

K: Cairo Santos

BENCH:

Zeke Elliot // Kareem Hunt // Jamison Crowder // Chris Hogan // Kenny Golladay // Sam Bradford // Hunter Henry

WR is a weak spot for me IMO especially with a PPR format but make up for it with some RB's in Abdullah and Montgomery who catch a good amount of balls...come the mid point of the season I should be cruising at RB and depending on how Ty Montgomery and Hunt look I may be able to move one for a better WR in a package with Kelvin Benjamin. 

Finished my draft this morning.  I'm in a 10 person standard ESPN league.  I had the #4 pick (snake draft):

1.4 - HB LeSean McCoy (David Johnson, Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown went 1-3)

2.17 - TE Rob Gronkowski

3.24 - WR Amari Cooper

4.37 - HB Dalvin Cook

5.44 - HB Carlos Hyde

6.57 - QB Matt Ryan

7.64 - WR Martavis Bryant

8.77 - HB Eddie Lacy

9.84 - WR Donte Moncrief

10.97 - DEF Seattle

11.104 - WR Chris Hogan

12.117 - HB Jonathan Stewart

13.124 - QB Matthew Stafford

14.137 - HB Samaje Perine

15.144 - HB Derrick Henry

16.157 - K Chris Boswell 

Lineup:

QB Matt Ryan

HB LeSean McCoy

HB Dalvin Cook

WR Amari Cooper

WR Martavis Bryant

TE Rob Gronkoski

FLEX Carlos Hyde

DEF Seattle

K Chris Boswell

Bench

HB Eddie Lacy

WR Donte Moncrief

WR Chris Hogan

HB Jonathan Stewart

QB Matthew Stafford

HB Samaje Perine

HB Derrick Henry

So I did my first dynasty auction draft yesterday...

Ended up with:

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Mike Glennon, Patrick Mahomes, Paxton Lynch

RB- Melvin Gordon, Ameer Abdullah, Paul Perkins, Eddie Lacy, CJ Prosise, Brandon Oliver, Aaron Jones

WR- AJ Green, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, John Brown, Breshad Perriman, Phillip Dorsett, Chris Conley, Torrey Smith, John Ross, Chris Godwin, Curtis Samuel, JuJu Smith-Shuster

TE- Jimmy Graham, David Njoku

D/ST- Arizona

12 team PPR Superflex league with a TE bonus (1.5 points per catch instead of 1). We start 1 QB, a superflex, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX and 1 D/ST

Not happy with how it turned out. Overall my plan was to bid on most RBs and WRs and just see who I ended up getting. I had prices set for all of them and when the price got too high I would just stop. Ended up getting Aaron Rodgers and AJ Green in the first six picks because of that strategy so I ended up playing the rest of it more conservative. Melvin Gordon was my most expensive player but I got him for less than people spent on most young top tier RB/WRs. I think I got those three for less than I should have but the rest of my team just sucks. I don't like my RB 2 situation and I have a bunch of boom/bust type WRs.

One thing that happened that was kind of BS was how I ended up with Lacy. Someone increased the bid by $10 while time was running out and I hit bid (to move it up $1). His registered first and I got stuck with him because of that, lol.

Had my big draft on Saturday, 10 team .5 PPR and had the 6th pick.

League setup:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R/T
W/R/T

6 Bench Spots

1- LeSean McCoy

2- Michael Thomas

3- Isaiah Crowell

4- Kareem Hunt

5- Terrelle Pryor

6- Larry Fitzgerald

7- Tyreek Hill

8- Tyler Eifert

9- Robert Kelly

10- Marcus Mariota

11- Mike Wallace

12- Alvin Kamara

13- Zay Jones

14- Rex Burkhead

15- Panthers D/ST

5 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

WR is a weak spot for me IMO especially with a PPR format but make up for it with some RB's in Abdullah and Montgomery who catch a good amount of balls...come the mid point of the season I should be cruising at RB and depending on how Ty Montgomery and Hunt look I may be able to move one for a better WR in a package with Kelvin Benjamin. 

You could even swap Freeman for a top tier WR when Zeke comes back as well. Very good team

10 man standard league, had the 3rd pick...let me know what you think!

QB: Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota

RB: Todd Gurley, Isaiah Crowell,  Dalvin Cook, C.J. Anderson, Derrick Henry

WR: Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Rishard Matthews, Tedd Ginn Jr.

TE: Delanie Walker

D/ST: Giants

K: Dustin Hopkins

First draft of the year which happened to be my big money league. Standard scoring, 12 teams, would love to get as many thoughts as possible:

QB:

Mariota (11)

Tyrod (14)

RB: 

Melvin Gordon (1)

Joe Mixon (4)

Adrian Peterson (5)

Tevin Coleman (7)

James White (9)

Tim Hightower (15)

WR:

Brandin Cooks (2)

Demaryius Thomas (3)

Jamison Crowder (6)

Corey Coleman (10)

Sterling Shephard (12)

TE:

Martellus Bennet (8)

D/ST:

Cardinals (12)

10 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

I did a 10-team PPR auction draft last night and ended up with this roster:

QB: Derek Carr

RB: Ty Montgomery, Joe Mixon, C.J. Anderson, Kareem Hunt, Bilal Powell

WR: Jordy Nelson, Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders

TE: Jordan Reed, Zach Ertz

K: Mason Crosby

D: Seattle

Essentially tried a zero RB approach in auction.  Took the big 3 receivers early, then waited a long time and saved the rest of my budget to secure all the backs I wanted.  Was planning on spending $1 at TE, but I had to grab Reed for $6 after the top 3 guys went for $20-$30.

I like it alot, those receivers and Reed and crazy. RB doesn't have a big name guy, but if Mixon and Hunt can really step into their starting roles it could turn out quite well.

Kept Ayaji in the 11th and Kelvin Benjamin in the 14th...  12 teams, .5 PPR.

QB: Mariota

WR:  Alshon Jeffrey

WR:  Kelvin Benjamin

RB:  Le'Veon Bell

RB:  Jay Ajayi

TE:  Ertz

W/R:  Dalvin Cook

W/R:  Stefon Diggs

BN:  Jameis Winston, Derrick Henry, Larry Fitzgerald, Thomas Rawls, Zay Jones, Cooper Kupp, Evan Engram

K:  Hauschka

DEF:  HOU

--

I went heavy on some rookie depth because this league has so many bench spots and so anyone with any amount of ceiling gets scooped up immediately.

26 minutes ago, scoobz said:

QB: Mariota

WR:  Alshon Jeffrey

WR:  Kelvin Benjamin

RB:  Le'Veon Bell

RB:  Jay Ajayi

TE:  Ertz

W/R:  Dalvin Cook

W/R:  Stefon Diggs

BN:  Jameis Winston, Derrick Henry, Larry Fitzgerald, Thomas Rawls, Zay Jones, Cooper Kupp, Evan Engram

K:  Hauschka

DEF:  HOU

Solid looking team. RB's are solid, and you seem to have decent depth. You have good RB's for a .5 PPR league.

11 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

QB:

Mariota (11)

Tyrod (14)

RB: 

Melvin Gordon (1)

Joe Mixon (4)

Adrian Peterson (5)

Tevin Coleman (7)

James White (9)

Tim Hightower (15)

WR:

Brandin Cooks (2)

Demaryius Thomas (3)

Jamison Crowder (6)

Corey Coleman (10)

Sterling Shephard (12)

TE:

Martellus Bennet (8)

D/ST:

Cardinals (12)

WR's are too good and your RB's aren't good enough. That's my thoughts on a nut shell. Unless you are starting only one RB and three WR's, your RB's are thin. Top two are fine, but AP and Coleman are back-ups that shouldn't see much playing time. Otherwise solid team.

11 hours ago, dtait93 said:

10 man standard league, had the 3rd pick...let me know what you think!

QB: Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota

RB: Todd Gurley, Isaiah Crowell,  Dalvin Cook, C.J. Anderson, Derrick Henry

WR: Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Rishard Matthews, Tedd Ginn Jr.

TE: Delanie Walker

D/ST: Giants

K: Dustin Hopkins

Solid QB's, solid RB's, Solid WR's, overall, I feel for a 10 team league, this team lacks the bite that I would expect. I see a top WR, and then after that, Gurley is solid, Cousins is solid, Adams and Watkins and Crowell are solid, but there isn't that pick that I can identify as a really strong 2nd round pick like I'd expect in a 10 team league, even with pick 3.

16 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

League setup:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R/T
W/R/T

6 Bench Spots

1- LeSean McCoy

2- Michael Thomas

3- Isaiah Crowell

4- Kareem Hunt

5- Terrelle Pryor

6- Larry Fitzgerald

7- Tyreek Hill

8- Tyler Eifert

9- Robert Kelly

10- Marcus Mariota

11- Mike Wallace

12- Alvin Kamara

13- Zay Jones

14- Rex Burkhead

15- Panthers D/ST

Overall not a bad team. Risky choice at QB, and I feel like a little high on some of the WR's, Fitzgerald mainly, not because of his skill level, more because I'm not sure how good Palmer will be this season.

16 hours ago, ugLymayNe said:

So I did my first dynasty auction draft yesterday...

Ended up with:

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Mike Glennon, Patrick Mahomes, Paxton Lynch

RB- Melvin Gordon, Ameer Abdullah, Paul Perkins, Eddie Lacy, CJ Prosise, Brandon Oliver, Aaron Jones

WR- AJ Green, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, John Brown, Breshad Perriman, Phillip Dorsett, Chris Conley, Torrey Smith, John Ross, Chris Godwin, Curtis Samuel, JuJu Smith-Shuster

TE- Jimmy Graham, David Njoku

D/ST- Arizona

12 team PPR Superflex league with a TE bonus (1.5 points per catch instead of 1). We start 1 QB, a superflex, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX and 1 D/ST

Good team in a PPR, getting Green, Gordon, and Rodgers looks amazing and is going to  keep you is most games throughout the year. Are you planning super flexing in a QB? The RB depth is a little thin, but you have good handicap runners.

19 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Lineup:

QB Matt Ryan

HB LeSean McCoy

HB Dalvin Cook

WR Amari Cooper

WR Martavis Bryant

TE Rob Gronkoski

FLEX Carlos Hyde

DEF Seattle

K Chris Boswell

Bench

HB Eddie Lacy

WR Donte Moncrief

WR Chris Hogan

HB Jonathan Stewart

QB Matthew Stafford

HB Samaje Perine

HB Derrick Henry

WR seems a little bit think, but your TE makes up for that obviously. Good bench depth, great QB options. I do think that having both Stafford and Ryan means that you overdrafted a QB back-up, but that might be more for a 12 team league and you only had a 10 team league.

43 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Good team in a PPR, getting Green, Gordon, and Rodgers looks amazing and is going to  keep you is most games throughout the year. Are you planning super flexing in a QB? The RB depth is a little thin, but you have good handicap runners.

It really depends on how Glennon is doing and his matchups. I don't think he's going to be a top 15-18 QB but I could see him putting up decent numbers vs bad pass defenses. I wanted Alex Smith since I snuck in Mahomes early in the draft for cheap, and I should have just spent the $ it took to get him. The budget would have been SUPER tight filling out my roster from that point on.

I am, however, thinking about flipping someone like Lacy after a big game for a QB. Thanks for your assessment 

41 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

WR's are too good and your RB's aren't good enough. That's my thoughts on a nut shell. Unless you are starting only one RB and three WR's, your RB's are thin. Top two are fine, but AP and Coleman are back-ups that shouldn't see much playing time. Otherwise solid team.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I agree. Demaryius was really slipping in round 3 and I ended up going with him instead of a RB there, and then kind've felt like I was struggling to get back the whole time.

12 man ppr 

QB: Drew Brees

WR: OBJ

WR: Eric Decker

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Marshawn Lynch

TE: Kelce

Flex: undecided pick from my bench 

K: Prater

D/ST: Broncos

Bench: Rex Burkhead

Bench: James White