Game 2, 2018: vs Miami Dolphins

Bianconero

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not worried. It would be foolish not to expect us to have games like this. Flags & the oline was terrible. 

This is pretty much how I feel. We weren’t overmatched. Unfortunate errors cost us the game. 

I still feel this defense is above average and Darnold is the real deal. This game doesn’t change my mind 

Sam will still be a rookie but his worst plays were missing Enunwa twice and the first int. Second one I was 4 rows from the endzond and Pryor didn't even look. He ran his route and didn't look until he was halfway into his post. Then there was the Robby fumble and Herndon drop. 

Biggest takeaway was the TD to Powell. That was all Sam. He audibled to that play. He read the D, tapped Powell and pointed him to round the edge. Once he settles on his throws, he's gonna eat. 

I really thought for sure we would win this game like 23 to13. But their O line & D line was just better than ours. The leagues most valuable player so far this year Ryan Fitzpatrick had another great game 27 for 33 4 TD passes & 403 yards passing. 

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

This is pretty much how I feel. We weren’t overmatched. Unfortunate errors cost us the game. 

I still feel this defense is above average and Darnold is the real deal. This game doesn’t change my mind 

I agree. Defense only gave up TD's after turnovers. So I won't put it all on them. I was impressed with Darnold. He made some mistakes, but if throwing for 330+ 1td 2ints is a 21-year-old franchise QB's worst game, I'll take it. 

I do feel like we could have won if it wasn't for the flags. So I'm going to wait to see if this is fixed by Thursday

54 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree. Defense only gave up TD's after turnovers. So I won't put it all on them. I was impressed with Darnold. He made some mistakes, but if throwing for 330+ 1td 2ints is a 21-year-old franchise QB's worst game, I'll take it. 

I do feel like we could have won if it wasn't for the flags. So I'm going to wait to see if this is fixed by Thursday

I agree with the first part of your post Rick, but I think we lost because they made more key pays on offensive &  defense than we did. But we all know coming into the season what our weakness were, PASS RUSHER, OFFENSIVE LINE, AND TE. That drop of a long pass from Darnold to the TE Herndon was a killer.

31 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I agree with the first part of your post Rick, but I think we lost because they made more key pays on offensive &  defense than we did. But we all know coming into the season what our weakness were, PASS RUSHER, OFFENSIVE LINE, AND TE. That drop of a long pass from Darnold to the TE Herndon was a killer.

I was cautiously optimistic about our OL after the first game. But I think today was more of what OL will be throughout the season. 

The good news is that we have our franchise QB. Also, there aren’t any unexpected weaknesses on this team. We knew about the OL and Edge. Although Luvu and Copeland are better than I expected. But consistent pressure off the edge is still a weakness. 

Basically what I expected. Darnold definitely  looks like the guy we've been searching for, for decades but he's going to have his rookie hiccups. 

Defense played well overall, it's obvious how much better it would be with an even above average edge rusher. 

Bowles seems to have grown a little since last year. I haven't noticed any face palm coaching blunders. My only critique is I wish bates would come out firing and be a little more aggressive, I'm hoping he will once he feels darnold is more comfortable.

Good game, guys. Sam's going to be a pain in our rear end for years to come I feel so I'm glad we were able to get him here while he's still green. puke green, like your uniforms

I'd be lying if I said good luck the rest of the season, so I'll just say that you guys are passionate fans and I am more or less anxious about our rematch.

Sucks to lose, but this is still a rebuilding season. We have a lot of holes still, I just want to see this team compete and give us hope that 2019 is the year we can compete for the division. Sam Darnold is gonna make his mistakes,  we just need to see that mental toughness and him continue to compete and not give in. He is physically the most talented QB I've seen on the Jets in my life time. Brett Favre was old when he was here. I think he is finally going to give us that franchise QB. I just want to see him grow and show up. 

I do not expect big things from this team, if we made the playoffs I'd be shocked. But we are going to have a ton of money in the offseason and actual promise, players may want to come here after seeing a young stud QB who they think they can win with.  This team will hopefully fight all season and give us hope, we have some good young foundation players and this team is building something that can compete for years to come. 

Crappy loss no doubt but let’s be honest..we wouldn’t trade our young team (with insane potential) for an average veteran team like Miami. 

We have lots of really exciting young pieces (and a franchise qb) plus a boatload of cash next year. Miami are a solid outfit but they are not going deep in the playoffs let’s be real. They won the game yesterday with experience and capitalising on mistakes and short fields.

Kudos to them for the win but they have nothing that worries me moving forward in the next 3-5 years whereas we should improve tremendously week in week out. 

Hard to watch us make the stupid mistakes and penalties but there were positives to take from the game and to be honest if we went 1yrd further at the end of the half and Sam didn’t throw that stupid INT in the red zone we would be 2-0 right now.

Some things I take from the game

First off the Jets should have won that game. There was too many bone head mistakes from the coach to the players. Over all not bad.

Good

I like how Darnold made some great throws and the WR made some great plays.

The rookie TE might be a bust pick. His big thing is catching and he had several drops. This is not good because it it rare for someone to have a bunch of drops and come back from it. 

The OL was pretty bad going against a below average DL. 

I said this a million times and it is proven true. You don't need the big name pass rusher to get sacks. I would take a strong DB than a pass rush guy. We are getting coverage sacks a lot. 

I think Jason Myers might cost us some games too. He has a good league but he misses a lot. Dan Bailey has 4 offers on the table and word is he is going to join one this week. I hope it is the Jets. He said he wanted to be with a contender so I'm thinking Minn.

13 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I was cautiously optimistic about our OL after the first game. But I think today was more of what OL will be throughout the season. 

The good news is that we have our franchise QB. Also, there aren’t any unexpected weaknesses on this team. We knew about the OL and Edge. Although Luvu and Copeland are better than I expected. But consistent pressure off the edge is still a weakness. 

That was a great point you make about " there aren't any unexpected weaknesses on this team " so far that is 100% true. Over the next year we will be fixing all those weakness we have. We sure have the money to get at least two players in next years FA period. Plus we still have a #1 pick.

Archived