The NFL needs to stop allowing ties in the regular season

49ersfan

I don't mind ties, but if they wanted to get rid of them, then I'd say a 15 minute overtime with the other current rules, and if still tied after that, then a field goal shootout from 50 yards out with full rush so a blocked kick return could end it.

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm a Vikings fan and I stand by what I said. 

So you think our game ending in a tie is funny?  That is probably going to screw both teams over in the end so I don't find ties funny in the least.

Ties are like giving dime *** chicks a bad acne outbreak. Ties are so pointless. Not sure why the NFL doesnt change this. For 1, other markets games are ending and you are going to generate more national ratings to a single network. Since its obviously a competitive game that is in OT, so it automatically create viewing interest. This creates more air time for sponsers who can buy air time and it creates definitive results rather than anti-climatic outcomes. With how many OT games weve had this year and the multiple ties, i think NFL revists this. Ties are like flirting with a nun.

Ties aren't that big of a deal as far as I'm concerned.  Sure, they can hurt in the playoff seedings for obvious reasons, but a tie could just as easily help a team too.  It's still better than having another loss.  They also make the draft more interesting sometimes.  Luck of the draw.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, Pugger said:

So you think our game ending in a tie is funny?  That is probably going to screw both teams over in the end so I don't find ties funny in the least.

Would you rather of taken a loss, which is worse for the standings over some contrived way to avoid a tie?

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Would you rather of taken a loss, which is worse for the standings over some contrived way to avoid a tie?

No, of course not. A tie ain't fun but it is better than a loss.  I just found that poster's take of ties being funny as pretty damn odd!

Archived